Kyler Murray stats vs Ravens

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Murray's stat line today

25/40 (62.5%) 349 Yards 0 TDs 0 Ints - did convert another 2 pt play

That's now 94 attempts without a pick. I thought he played a great game today. Took care of the ball, and kept his team within striking distance.
He threw one pick in those 94 attempts...still pretty good.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Some throws he's a bit lucky on, imo.

But for the time he's had, pretty impressive for a game 1 starting rookie QB.
Yes and no.

He has been lucky that a few INTs were dropped last week.

Yet, more times than not, he looks to b3 putting the ball where only the reciever can get to it.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
It is curious about the lack of rushing yards. He's always been a past first QB, and he's always looking downfield.

Still, I agree that to maximize his effectiveness, he needs to, like you said, put pressure on the defense with his legs.
I think he will run more as he finds the flow of the NFL game.

It is crazy to think, he could be better once he gets a better feel of the NFL speed snd skill he is playing against.

Right now it looks like he is still sorting through and learning things.......yet he still is producing.

Kyler Murray has been quite impressive, hopefully it continues.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Yeah those last two possessions were disappointing but all in all not too bad a game two.
Baltimore is looking like it will be one of the best teams in the AFC.

The Cardinals are not winning that game yesterday.

Baltimore is just a better team. When they put their foot on the gas the Cardinals couldn't do much about it.

That's OK. The Cards still played well and maximized what they could with the talent they have.

Our offseason, actually the last couple offseasons, had more to do with that loss than anything.

.................how many yards did the TEs for Baltimore have?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I recall correctly there were no batted passes for Murray against the Ravens. So there is improvement there from week 1.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We gave up 3 sacks to one of the best defenses in football when we threw the ball 40 times. One of those sacks was on miscommunication between Murray and the o line I think.

The line did ok. It could play better but Murray needs to help it out more. He seemed very hesitant to move up which I think led to a Judon sack. On the bomb to Larry(?) he took a hit just because he dropped so far back and didn't climb the pocket to make the throw. Hopefully he will get better about that.
kyler throws the ball within 1 second because he has to. Especially in the 4th quarter, they were bringing the house and Kyler was under duress every play.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The whole narrative that Keim tried to sell about Justin Murray being a big-time pick up with the #1 waiver claim was such a farce. They even had Gambo pumping up the guy saying all these other teams wanted him.

Murray has been on 5 different practice squads in 3 years after going undrafted in 2016. Hes not good. Put the guy from the Bills in there, at least we know hes a slightly below average player with NFL experience.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I recall correctly there were no batted passes for Murray against the Ravens. So there is improvement there from week 1.

I think it comes down to scheme. Lions didn't blitz and stayed back in spy and jumped on every pass.

Baltimore played aggressive and blitzed

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The whole narrative that Keim tried to sell about Justin Murray being a big-time pick up with the #1 waiver claim was such a farce. They even had Gambo pumping up the guy saying all these other teams wanted him.

Murray has been on 5 different practice squads in 3 years after going undrafted in 2016. Hes not good. Put the guy from the Bills in there, at least we know hes a slightly below average player with NFL experience.

No one in their right mind thought he was a big time pick up. He did play well in game one for being thrust in the way he was. I was watching this game on an outdoor patio with lots of glare on the screen so I cant comment much on his play in this game.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I am happy fans are starting to see Gambo is a tool for hire.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah his first game is an anchor on those stats. He still has the 7th worst completion percentage in the NFL and the worst expected completion percentage.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The concept that anyone could not be incredibly impressed with Murray is ridiculous to me. Is he perfect? Obviously not. However, he's already shown enough to demonstrate he can be a pretty great QB.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I did not want to draft KM. I wanted to keep Rosen and fix our line.

At this point I'm thinking I was wrong.

I wanted that DL kid from Alabama.

I think Kyler is doing well so far. I never thought he would suck but he is performing at a higher level than I expected this early. I think the lack of preseason reps is maybe holding him back a little but even the most anti drafting Kyler people have to be pleased at this point.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ughhhh this would’ve been a TD
Shows the importance of getting pressure on the QB. That is likely the only thing that stopped this from being a completion and possibly a TD.
Could make the case that if he doesn't pat the football he still completes it.

Sucks that play didn't work out another 3 points or a TD there would have been huge.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wanted that DL kid from Alabama.

I think Kyler is doing well so far. I never thought he would suck but he is performing at a higher level than I expected this early. I think the lack of preseason reps is maybe holding him back a little but even the most anti drafting Kyler people have to be pleased at this point.

Holding him back? 310 yards in opener, 350 in the 2nd game. All under almost constant duress. If he has another 300 yard game next week, he'll be the ONLY rookie in NFL history to accomplish the feat. He may surpass Rosen's total yards last season by mid-October.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holding him back? 310 yards in opener, 350 in the 2nd game. All under almost constant duress. If he has another 300 yard game next week, he'll be the ONLY rookie in NFL history to accomplish the feat. He may surpass Rosen's total yards last season by mid-October.

It's exciting for sure but tempered by the fact that he has also led the league in passing attempts.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

3 out of the 8 quarters were horrible. The lack of preseason reps, by Kylers own admission, had a clear effect on how things started.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man... that kid really does have a gun. The two point conversion had him drifting to his left, backpedaling ever so slightly and just firing a laser to Keesan in the back of the end zone.

I really hope we find a way to utilize his legs to make him a true double threat that could open up the entire offense, but if nothing else, I'm very very excited that it looks like we have legit true blue YOUNG QB behind center for the first time in... well... ever.

gotta get off to better starts though, but I'm at least encouraged by the adjustments at the half that we NEVER saw last year and were something Arians really hung his hat on his first three years with us.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave