Kyler Murray stats vs Ravens

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Murray's stat line today

25/40 (62.5%) 349 Yards 0 TDs 0 Ints - did convert another 2 pt play

That's now 94 attempts without a pick. I thought he played a great game today. Took care of the ball, and kept his team within striking distance.
He played even better than the 4th quarter last week imo.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
He has looked really good.

I am surprised he isn't running more though. I don't want him to get hurt but look how much pressure Lamar puts on a defense. Kyler can be even better.

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
This is the first game where I haven't felt like I was gonna throw up in a while.

Thought Kyler and the team as a whole looked a lot more prepared this game than the last one. Our o-line is definitely my biggest concern.

Agree. Our O line looked over-matched today.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The whole offense looked really shaky on the last two possessions, don't you think? I think K2, Murray and the Oline were all struggling to get on the same page.

That can be fixed though.
That was the atmosphere/crowd noise in the end zone. We will get that fixed. Is #11 not an absolute beast or what lol?

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When Kyler has the ball in his hand I feel confident that hes going to do something positive and not throw a boneheaded pick. I trust him.

Haven't felt that way in years and years.

Even the Palmer years were full of cringing when he threw the ball because he often threw into double or triple coverage and got picked.

This is only his 2nd NFL game after only 1 season of college ball. The kid is a natural.

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
He has looked really good.

I am surprised he isn't running more though. I don't want him to get hurt but look how much pressure Lamar puts on a defense. Kyler can be even better.

It is curious about the lack of rushing yards. He's always been a past first QB, and he's always looking downfield.

Still, I agree that to maximize his effectiveness, he needs to, like you said, put pressure on the defense with his legs.

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
That was the atmosphere/crowd noise in the end zone. We will get that fixed. Is #11 not an absolute beast or what lol?

I'm so happy for Larry. Back to back 100 yards games, with big big plays. Getting rewarded for all his hard work. It's a great story.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Murray's stat line today

25/40 (62.5%) 349 Yards 0 TDs 0 Ints - did convert another 2 pt play

That's now 94 attempts without a pick. I thought he played a great game today. Took care of the ball, and kept his team within striking distance.

he played good.He needed to get TDs instead of FGS.At some point he has to start converting
3rd downs better .That could come with experience.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The whole offense looked really shaky on the last two possessions, don't you think? I think K2, Murray and the Oline were all struggling to get on the same page.

That can be fixed though.

Yeah those last two possessions were disappointing but all in all not too bad a game two.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
For a guy with his size and starting experience, you have to be happy with where he is at in his development. He has not looked as dynamic as I thought he would. The Cardinals had a chance to win both of their first two games and despite not being able to, it is better than last year by a mile.

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
For a guy with his size and starting experience, you have to be happy with where he is at in his development. He has not looked as dynamic as I thought he would. The Cardinals had a chance to win both of their first two games and despite not being able to, it is better than last year by a mile.

Part of our offensive improvement this year has to be credited to the coaching staff. We're seeing WRs running wide open, and play calls that are creating mismatches (like that nifty little outlet pass to Krik that set up our only TD).

Also, IMO, our offensive line is playing a little better vs. last year. A little. Today was tough, but if we can start the same five next week, I think we'll it will help get us our first win.

And, then yes, K1 has productive his first two games.

So, like you mention, we've been competitive, which is a good start. Let's see if next week we can improve our red zone offense a little, and pick up our first win.

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
he played good.He needed to get TDs instead of FGS.At some point he has to start converting
3rd downs better .That could come with experience.

Very gracious of you to post some accolades for young Kyler BW52, and agree that our red zone offense is a concern.

Let's see if that's something they can improve on next week.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think I’m most surprised that he doesn’t pull it down and run more often. It might be a good thing that he doesn’t rely on his legs too much. But establishing that as a threat, a REAL threat, would create more offense imo.

That said, even when he does run he doesn’t look nearly as fast as I expected. He’s quick. Has a good ability to move around to gain throwing angles. But I haven’t seen the fast that allowed him to rush for 1,000 yards last year.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I’m most surprised that he doesn’t pull it down and run more often. It might be a good thing that he doesn’t rely on his legs too much. But establishing that as a threat, a REAL threat, would create more offense imo.

That said, even when he does run he doesn’t look nearly as fast as I expected. He’s quick. Has a good ability to move around to gain throwing angles. But I haven’t seen the fast that allowed him to rush for 1,000 yards last year.

I wonder if he isn't compensating for being called a running QB all off season?