Kelly Oubre...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is going to get his money and he is going to get it as a Sun.

This is what it looks like with Suns moving ahead to add players. The tweet is only 3 hours old though.

It could be I need a class in interpreting tweets... I hope this is the case.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what im really wondering about. I think everyone on here agrees if this doesnt get done than offseason was beyond failure.

Does anyone know if that Kaminsky deal affects their ability to resign Oubre? I dont understand those Mid level exceptions.

On the positive side, id more than likely guess Oubre signing just waiting on them to find the best deal to clear cap, i.e. josh jackson trade

I don't think the Kaminisky signing effects Oubre. It's called something like a room exception.

If the Suns do not keep Oubre, I view the off season as botched.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is what im really wondering about. I think everyone on here agrees if this doesnt get done than offseason was beyond failure.

Does anyone know if that Kaminsky deal affects their ability to resign Oubre? I dont understand those Mid level exceptions.

On the positive side, id more than likely guess Oubre signing just waiting on them to find the best deal to clear cap, i.e. josh jackson trade

Kaminsky deal has no impact. And they can go over the cap to sign Oubre. This isn't a cap thing at this point.

This is about Oubre waiting to sign a huge offer sheet with another team, at this point likely one of the losers in the Kawhi sweepstakes.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think the Kaminisky signing effects Oubre. It's called something like a room exception.

If the Suns do not keep Oubre, I view the off season as botched.

There is an argument for that anyway but losing Oubre could ice it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm guessing no on the "everyone". I'd consider the offseason a mild failure if we are now done adding to the roster. Losing Holmes and Oubre is mostly offset by the additions but for those of us expecting a real step forward, this is a disappointment but not (IMO) to the extreme as you suggest. Not getting any veteran PG (or maxing out Russell) and losing those two would have put it in the "beyond failure" class for me.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm guessing no on the "everyone". I'd consider the offseason a mild failure if we are now done adding to the roster. Losing Holmes and Oubre is mostly offset by the additions but for those of us expecting a real step forward, this is a disappointment but not (IMO) to the extreme as you suggest. Not getting any veteran PG (or maxing out Russell) and losing those two would have put it in the "beyond failure" class for me.

After the debacle of the last two years, an offseason without "a real step forward" can't possibly be seen as anything but "beyond failure", in my opinion.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the clippers offer Oubre 25 a year you can't match. That's just a GM being a ass. GM of Clippers? Old lakers guard?

The Suns are where they need to get it done. They will lose credibility with the fans otherwise.

They already refused to pursue D'Angelo Russell who many fans wanted.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe they are resigning Oubre, unless they have another player in mind. Jame Jones traded for Oubre to begin with.

My guess is they offered him something like 5/75 but eventually he will sign for something closer to but less than Harrison Barnes money.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I believe they are resigning Oubre, unless they have another player in mind. Jame Jones traded for Oubre to begin with.

No, he traded for Dillon Brooks. He settled for Oubre when Memphis wanted to send him Marshown Brooks instead.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is an argument for that anyway but losing Oubre could ice it.

I'm fine with the Suns off season if they keep Oubre.

They filled needs but they need a nucleus of Ayon, Oubre, Bridges and Booker going forward to make a statement to supporters.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That’s positive but I hope a team like the Clippers don’t get desperate when they miss out on Kawhi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That’s positive but I hope a team like the Clippers don’t get desperate when they miss out on Kawhi.

That team really hasn’t made desperation moves under Balmer. I don’t see it all of a sudden happening with a ridiculous offer to Oubre.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
That team really hasn’t made desperation moves under Balmer. I don’t see it all of a sudden happening with a ridiculous offer to Oubre.
Agreed but they will have a lot money to spend and not much to spend it on.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’d be more worried about the lakers making such a stupid move than the clips. But I could see the clips signing him to an outrageous one year deal to preserve the space if they didn’t land Kawhi. Would Oubre take a ridiculous one year offer over a good multi-year deal?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I’d be more worried about the lakers making such a stupid move than the clips. But I could see the clips signing him to an outrageous one year deal to preserve the space if they didn’t land Kawhi. Would Oubre take a ridiculous one year offer over a good multi-year deal?

Yes ala Redick/KCP last year.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Man, if Kawhi stays in Toronto on a one year deal I bet both LA teams roll their cap space and we're treated to the drama again next summer.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But I don't think Oubre would sign a 1 year deal.

At worst, he is probably going to get 60 million on a multi year deal. That is too much to risk, also, I think the Suns would match a 1 year deal. Given that it would give us a ton of cap space next year and preserve Oubre's rights for us, you could argue it would be advantageous.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, if Kawhi stays in Toronto on a one year deal I bet both LA teams roll their cap space and we're treated to the drama again next summer.

One year wouldn't make much sense. He's eligible for the 35% max after 10 years in the league, which he's 2 short of. So we'll see this mess again but next year should be mellow. The only way next year gets crazy is if Anthony Davis doesn't work in LA and leaves, like Dwight did. I wouldn't rule that out entirely.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
If Oubre is the third pillar of the franchise he is going to get more than 60.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose