2019 Free Agency

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
They cannot worry about cries that they are cheap. This is about cap management and versatility in building a team, not about overall spending. Placating ignorant fans is a formula for disaster.

yea but the suns had the 26th lowest salary out of 29 teams last season and the record showed it. You have got to spend to win. We are in a position to afford both Oubre' and Russell. I do not understand focusing on lesser players "Rubio" just to save a few bucks.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm TRYING to give a little benefit of the doubt. The draft and the moves surrounding it were definitely "oy, meet the new boss, same as the old boss", but they did get Monty Williams who I think was a good hire. So, they're 1/2 this off-season. I'm hoping against hope they go 2/3 with FA that actually accomplishes something besides pissing off our best player and tying up cap money in an okay at best backup PG who they see as a starter.

I honestly think I would rather go with Jared Harper at point guard over Cory Joseph.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea but the suns had the 26th lowest salary out of 29 teams last season and the record showed it. You have got to spend to win. We are in a position to afford both Oubre' and Russell. I do not understand focusing on lesser players "Rubio" just to save a few bucks.

agreed. you get what you pay for.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
SAS says don’t count out the Kemba Walker to the Lakers. He keeps on repeating this point on Sports Center, when talking about free agency. Lol

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do believe if the Suns offer DLo a max deal, they can sign him. He would basically be saying "no" to his friend, Book, then.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Warrick/Childress/Turkoglu > Baynes/Joseph/saric

Agreed. If that's the Suns off-season, they are going to be one of the two worst teams in the league again next year. And probably the year after that, etc.

When do the fans start burning Sarver in effigy?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warrick/Childress/Turkoglu > Baynes/Joseph/saric

seriously... if that's the off-season, it's really ugly, IMO. If that's the off-season and they lose Oubre too, it's a disaster of biblical propotions.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
seriously... if that's the off-season, it's really ugly, IMO. If that's the off-season and they lose Oubre too, it's a disaster of biblical propotions.

Well, considering last Thursday was a disaster of biblical proportions...

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SAS says don’t count out the Kemba Walker to the Lakers. He keeps on repeating this point on Sports Center, when talking about free agency. Lol

That's just the ESPN narrative. They want a star to sign with the Lakers or Clippers more than those teams probably do. If they don't add anyone then they're bottom tier playoff teams.

I think Kawhi is the only possibility for the Clippers. They seem to be doing things a little smarter, only targeting guys who would fit and be worth the money. They have a good squad already so they don't need to add a star like the Lakers do.

The Lakers should spend on filling out their roster but they won't. They're after another big splash. I think it would be hilarious if they end with Derrick Rose, Carmelo, and Cousins. There's a big 3 to dream about.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's just the ESPN narrative. They want a star to sign with the Lakers or Clippers more than those teams probably do. If they don't add anyone then they're bottom tier playoff teams.

I think Kawhi is the only possibility for the Clippers. They seem to be doing things a little smarter, only targeting guys who would fit and be worth the money. They have a good squad already so they don't need to add a star like the Lakers do.

The Lakers should spend on filling out their roster but they won't
. They're after another big splash. I think it would be hilarious if they end with Derrick Rose, Carmelo, and Cousins. There's a big 3 to dream about.
I agree with this.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

The Lakers should spend on filling out their roster but they won't. They're after another big splash. I think it would be hilarious if they end with Derrick Rose, Carmelo, and Cousins. There's a big 3 to dream about.

I think they end up with Rose, Carmelo and Cousins...ON TOP OF a max guy like Kawhi, Russell or Kemba.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You think Rose,Carmelo, and Cousins would settle for the vet minimum? That is all the Lakers can offer.

I think Cousins will sign there for the MLE and Rose and Carmelo will sign there for the vet minimum.