Suns Get The 6th Pick

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Let's just make this team as tall as possible, I think white is the tallest PG in the draft, then trade in to get BOL BOL and draft tacko in the second, that increases our avg team height by like 3 inches

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
it worked for the Chargers. They had Rivers who is 6' 6", and the drafted a bunch of guys at WR that were 6'4" or so. For a couple seasons, it was like toss it up high and let the WR get it. If we ever get guards that can lob, this would work. LOL.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Yuma

I think it could work. If only the Suns had a point guard like Rivers.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The difference I think is that with Tacko Fall you know that he has no basketball skills.
Tacko Fall will be a gimmick type player who will have a place in this league as a special situation guy. He will probably be in the league for a long time. It will be interesting to see how he fares. He is kinda like drafting a rugby kicker into the NFL?

He can dunk and block some shots.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You’d almost have to sit him like Embiid to build up healthy strength. He wouldn’t last at his current size/frame but his upside is undeniable. I could see him going as early as #5 to Cleveland because they’ve got absolutely nothing and could afford t be super patient.
I agree. It’s almost like a draft and stash. In a draft where I think the likelihood of coming up relatively empty is already pretty strong (even as high as 6) I’m not convinced not to take the ridiculous risk with him.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
208 at the combine.
Yeah. That is really going to hurt Bol Bol. He weighed 234 last summer and he came into the combine at 208. At 7-2, that is not good. Now, his bodyfat was probably pretty high for an NBA player when he was at 234. He actually looks like he carries a lot of body fat and not a lot of lean--even in his face.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Yeah. That is really going to hurt Bol Bol. He weighed 234 last summer and he came into the combine at 208. At 7-2, that is not good. Now, his bodyfat was probably pretty high for an NBA player when he was at 234. He actually looks like he carries a lot of body fat and not a lot of lean--even in his face.
He might fall a bit because of that but I'd bet he still goes lottery , he is such a good shooter for someone his size its very unusual , if the sun's don't like either Garland/white or if ones gone I'd take a gamble , after the lottery I'm pretty much expecting this off-season to be a bust so might as well gamble on someone who has freak potential

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He might fall a bit because of that but I'd bet he still goes lottery , he is such a good shooter for someone his size its very unusual , if the sun's don't like either Garland/white or if ones gone I'd take a gamble , after the lottery I'm pretty much expecting this off-season to be a bust so might as well gamble on someone who has freak potential
But that kind of weight loss at that age is a real concern--health concern. He should naturally be gaining weight as his body matures. Something seems wrong--at least an explanation is warranted.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But that kind of weight loss at that age is a real concern--health concern. He should naturally be gaining weight as his body matures. Something seems wrong--at least an explanation is warranted.
I’d be willing to bet it’s genetic. Manute had trouble keeping weight on too.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I’d be willing to bet it’s genetic. Manute had trouble keeping weight on too.
If we get Bol Bol, You get Jarod Dudley to take him out to lunch like he did Chriss. LOL. It has to be more of a coincedence that Dudley wanted to take Chriss under his wing, then Chriss shows up way overweight. And Dudley, too! :)

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Boban Marjanovic impacts the game just by being huge. Getting Fall might be good practice for Ayton since he seems to get intimidated against players that are larger than him.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Boban Marjanovic impacts the game just by being huge. Getting Fall might be good practice for Ayton since he seems to get intimidated against players that are larger than him.

While Boban is a very tall man, he is also an extremely skilled player. If he were to transport to the 90s, he would be one of the better players in the league. He is an outstanding scorer. He simply can't stay on the court because the opposing teams go small the second he is in, and he simply can't defend anyone who can play away from the rim.
He has actual basketball skills. He played professional basketball for ten years before joining the Spurs. To suggest he impacts the game simply because of his size and compare him to Fall is just silly, if not insulting.

He also weighs 100lb more than Fall.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
While Boban is a very tall man, he is also an extremely skilled player. If he were to transport to the 90s, he would be one of the better players in the league. He is an outstanding scorer. He simply can't stay on the court because the opposing teams go small the second he is in, and he simply can't defend anyone who can play away from the rim.
He has actual basketball skills. He played professional basketball for ten years before joining the Spurs. To suggest he impacts the game simply because of his size and compare him to Fall is just silly, if not insulting.

Boban is unrestricted and is one of the guys I want us to pursue should we not sign Holmes.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Um. Tacko is 311 pounds. Boban is listed at 297. Are you thinking of someone different?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Boban is unrestricted and is one of the guys I want us to pursue should we not sign Holmes.

Really?

I don't see it. He was unplayable in the playoffs.

The guy is just not mobile enough to be very productive in the modern nba.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
What gets me about Tacko is he wears 300 pounds, like a 6'4" guy wears 200 pounds. He is not fat by any means.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose