What pick would you need to get to trade Josh Rosen or is he completely off the table?

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
I'd trade him for #13 or #15 overall. Anything less than that and I draft Bosa and hold on to him. Bosa is close to a sure thing. Murray might be the next Russell Wilson*or* not.

There is no sure thing. Injuries can ruin it. Andrew Luck is a good example. Bosa has an injury history too. I would give him stronger odds of success at his position than Murray at QB, but there is risk no matter what they do.

I prefer the idea of trading down out of the #1 spot and getting more picks to give themselves a better chance at hitting instead of going bust.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I'm evolving on my view of the Murray situation a bit and heres why:

The Cardinals have already gone unconventional with their coaching hire. If Kliff and Keim think that Murray is the best fit to make this offense work, they really have to think about taking him. The reason I'm shifting a bit was hearing Zierlein talk on the radio. This isn't an indictment of Rosen at all. Rosen is the more traditional NFL fit, but Murray will likely fit better with what Kliff wants to do.

RPOs, mobility, and I do agree that he has a winners pedigree. It sounds like he is a leader like Larry, not a rah rah kind of guy, but the type that you see him work hard, you see him balling out and you follow him.

But the key to me is getting good compensation for Rosen. If the Cardinals are offered a 1st and another pick, I probably take it. Someone like Brian Burns could be the pick later in the draft.

On a sidenote, one thing that Zierlein said that was interesting was that he thought that N'Keal Harry didn't try to be a great route runner in college and that he straight up knew he could win with bully ball, winning 50/50 catches all of the time. He said he thought Harry can get much better as a route runner.

Problem is, Kingsbury's offense isn't set on RPOs. In fact, his QBs never amassed big running numbers and he's had consecutive 1000 yard running backs the past two seasons. Also, Rosen is very good with play action passes.

I dont get how Rosen isn't a good fit. This is overstated. He still has good mobility in the pocket and can throw in tight windows.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm evolving on my view of the Murray situation a bit and heres why:

The Cardinals have already gone unconventional with their coaching hire. If Kliff and Keim think that Murray is the best fit to make this offense work, they really have to think about taking him. The reason I'm shifting a bit was hearing Zierlein talk on the radio. This isn't an indictment of Rosen at all. Rosen is the more traditional NFL fit, but Murray will likely fit better with what Kliff wants to do.

RPOs, mobility, and I do agree that he has a winners pedigree. It sounds like he is a leader like Larry, not a rah rah kind of guy, but the type that you see him work hard, you see him balling out and you follow him.

But the key to me is getting good compensation for Rosen. If the Cardinals are offered a 1st and another pick, I probably take it. Someone like Brian Burns could be the pick later in the draft.

On a sidenote, one thing that Zierlein said that was interesting was that he thought that N'Keal Harry didn't try to be a great route runner in college and that he straight up knew he could win with bully ball, winning 50/50 catches all of the time. He said he thought Harry can get much better as a route runner.
Say it isn’t so Krang !!! I thought you were totally behind Rosen. Not worried....you’ll be back. Lol!

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
murray is more accurate and has another level of mobility, odds having him with much more chance to succeed
And if he doesn’t? You gonna hold it down for Tua next year?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Say it isn’t so Krang !!! I thought you were totally behind Rosen. Not worried....you’ll be back. Lol!

I'm considering it. If it's going to happen, then I hope the team has a plan in place.

Problem is, Kingsbury's offense isn't set on RPOs. In fact, his QBs never amassed big running numbers and he's had consecutive 1000 yard running backs the past two seasons. Also, Rosen is very good with play action passes.

I dont get how Rosen isn't a good fit. This is overstated. He still has good mobility in the pocket and can throw in tight windows.

I love Rosen. I think he can be a pretty good QB, but the issue is....does Kliff want Murray? If he does, then he should probably be the pick.

Murray will be better at extending plays, which is something the Cardinals really haven't had since Plummer. I've poured over Murray's stats quite a bit and while he IS a running QB, he's not the traditional running QB. He still looks to throw a lot more than he looks to run.

TJ

Reaction score
I'm considering it. If it's going to happen, then I hope the team has a plan in place.

I love Rosen. I think he can be a pretty good QB, but the issue is....does Kliff want Murray? If he does, then he should probably be the pick.

Murray will be better at extending plays, which is something the Cardinals really haven't had since Plummer. I've poured over Murray's stats quite a bit and while he IS a running QB, he's not the traditional running QB. He still looks to throw a lot more than he looks to run.

I suppose, but Murray isnt the best player in the draft and doesnt fill a position of need for a team coming off a 3-13 record. If Kliff is hell-bent on getting Murray and trading Rosen, fine. But he needs to find a way to not take him #1 (trade down) and to get fair compensation for Rosen.

Truth be told, in a vacuum, Murray is *maybe* a late first, early 2nd round pick. The media hype is what bumped up his value. He doesnt have #1 value and would be considered one of the biggest reaches in draft history if he is taken #1.

The smart play is to stick with the original plan, develop Rosen, draft Bosa or get a king's ransom for the #1 pick, and fill the holes that you're still going to have if you take Murray.

OP
OP
C

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My favorite is still get a kings ransom for our 1st... the smart move crazy enough may be do have as much QB talent as you can have and keep both... Again, again it is proven that in the long run the QB makes the team but it so hard to know who that will be.. Listening to Cowherd it is crazy... he was talking about what makes a place people dont' want to go to? A lot of it has to do with the QB.. The Browns never had a QB so free agents never liked to go there, not a lot wouldn't mind... same with the Bills until they had Jim Kelly for a decade now people like Antonio Brown don't want to be there... QB's win championships.. One defensive player does not.. At least if you have the QB you can build from there.. Seems like importance of a team should be QB above all else OL to protect the QB and someone to throw too so you actually know if you have the QB of the future.. and then get as many shots at it as possible to know you have the QB

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
to be honest when i read something outside the cardinals fandom, rosen doesnt have great consideration

You must not be reading Daniel Jeremiah... Or watching NFL network

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I suppose, but Murray isnt the best player in the draft and doesnt fill a position of need for a team coming off a 3-13 record. If Kliff is hell-bent on getting Murray and trading Rosen, fine. But he needs to find a way to not take him #1 (trade down) and to get fair compensation for Rosen.

Truth be told, in a vacuum, Murray is *maybe* a late first, early 2nd round pick. The media hype is what bumped up his value. He doesnt have #1 value and would be considered one of the biggest reaches in draft history if he is taken #1.

The smart play is to stick with the original plan, develop Rosen, draft Bosa or get a king's ransom for the #1 pick, and fill the holes that you're still going to have if you take Murray.

There is clearly a smoke screen going on to get a king’s ransom, but no one is going to pay it for any of the players in this year’s draft. It’s not a terrible draft (Eric Fischer and Luke Joeckl going head to head to go number one) but there is no Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin in this year’s draft. You’d have to find a real buffoon of a GM and owner to trade up to grab Murray

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Pretty good hypothetical question.

IF (if, I say!) we decide to move Josh, then I guess I would take maybe a pick of #15 or above.

Considering the picks we gave up to move to 10, that puts us pretty far in the hole overall, but the Cardinals would have to feel like that they at least salvaged something close to what they gave if, they could get say, the #14 pick in this years draft.

If you can't get at least that, then maybe keep JR, and hope that he performs really well in camp and pre-season, enough so that it boosts his value.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Not one source

Ever

Has said Rosen would be the 4th best QB in this class.

I’ll buy 2nd behind Kyler, but not no damn 4th.

That’s just the Anti-Rosen club pulling stuff out of thin air.

Wouldn’t even be third if Herbert came out. He’d be second at worst. It’s ridiculous

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not one source

Ever

the hypothetical ranking doesnt mean much cause we dont know how the players will performe, we watched rosen and his first year was terrible

i just wanted to let u know that outside of this forum there is not much love for rosen

TJ

Reaction score
Not one source

Ever

Prisco said he’d take Drew Locke over Murray. That’s not a wild take, to be honest

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the hypothetical ranking doesnt mean much cause we dont know how the players will performe, we watched rosen and his first year was terrible

i just wanted to let u know that outside of this forum there is not much love for rosen
I doubt it. From a lot of sources, Rosen was viewed as top 2/3 QB behind Baker & sometimes Darnold in terms of having a better pro career. Still is.

I’m trying to be unbias as possible but I feel you say that because that’s how you feel & I know you don’t like Rosen.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I doubt it. From a lot of sources, Rosen was viewed as top 2/3 QB behind Baker & sometimes Darnold in terms of having a better pro career. Still is.

I’m trying to be unbias as possible but I feel you say that because that’s how you feel & I know you don’t like Rosen.

no hate really just being very disappointed by his performances
i waited many years for a young qb , a high pick qb, and then he turn out to be garbage, it was a sorrow watching him playing so bad

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
no hate really just being very disappointed by his performances
i waited many years for a young qb , a high pick qb, and then he turn out to be garbage, it was a sorrow watching him playing so bad
Idk, every time someone posts something positive or encouraging about Rosen, you make sure to put them/him down. Don’t have to go with blind faith, but at least find a bright spot. I can’t control what you say, though. So you write him off already despite being in a WOAT situation? What if Kyler has the same season Rosen has? And please don’t try to argue against it or say it’s impossble. Are you gonna move on to Tua/Herbert or does he get more leeway?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Idk, every time someone posts something positive or encouraging about Rosen, you make sure to put them/him down. Don’t have to go with blind faith, but at least find a bright spot. I can’t control what you say, though. So you write him off already despite being in a WOAT situation? What if Kyler has the same season Rosen has? And please don’t try to argue against it or say it’s impossble. Are you gonna move on to Tua/Herbert or does he get more leeway?

Imo the odds giving him more chance to be succesfull, despite the fact he is short is well built and personally i think his agility make him harder to tackle, take a look at alabama game

from what i have seen he has enough accuracy (showed by his completation percentage, 7 point higher then rosen and the td/int ratio) he can play in the pocket and can make nice medium and long throws,looks also more accurated in the short passes where rosen was abysmal, plus he offers something rosen doesnt, accuracy on his throws while running, rosen when is outside the pocket has 5% of chances of turning the play in something good

murray has been a winner in college, he has a winning attitude, rosen is used to lose games since the first year of college

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Imo the odds giving him more chance to be succesfull, despite the fact he is short is well built and personally i think his agility make him harder to tackle, take a look at alabama game

from what i have seen he has enough accurate, he can play in the pocket and can make nice medium and long throws, plus he offers something rosen doesnt, accuracy on his throws while running, rosen when is outside the pocket give u 5% of chance of turning the play in something good

murray has been a winner in college, he has a wiining attitude, rosen is used to lose games since the first year of college
I know how good Kyler is. I’ve been watching him play since his Sophomore year of 2012 for Allen. Always been a fan. I don’t think he’s this big boom prospect like a Mahomes though. He has more flaws than Kyler Koolaid Sippers would like to admit.

Murray was also on a wayyyy better supporting cast of players & coaches than Rosen has. I don’t think #QBWinz is fair at all in the judgement. Jalen Hurts probably won’t lose more than 2 games with that OU squad. Jared Goff wasn’t exactly a winner in college either.

But like I said, & despite what some think is impossible, what if he does have a similar rookie to Rosen? You gonna cut bait with him too or does his traits deserves another chance?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know how good Kyler is. I’ve been watching him play since his Sophomore year of 2012 for Allen. Always been a fan. I don’t think he’s this big boom prospect like a Mahomes though. He has more flaws than Kyler Koolaid Sippers would like to admit.

Murray was also on a wayyyy better supporting cast of players & coaches than Rosen has. I don’t think #QBWinz is fair at all in the judgement. Jalen Hurts probably won’t lose more than 2 games with that OU squad. Jared Goff wasn’t exactly a winner in college either.

But like I said, & despite what some think is impossible, what if he does have a similar rookie to Rosen? You gonna cut bait with him too or does his traits deserves another chance?

in this league u need to win , the job is safe if u win enough games, so it works also for murray, but as a rookie he can have a negative record as well but what u expect is a guy that can show enough talent and very solid mindset to give u some hope for the future and not a player who get worse week by week and looking like a lost dog

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
in this league u need to win , the job is safe if u win enough games, so it works also for murray, but as a rookie he can have a negative record as well but what u expect is a guy that can show enough talent and very solid mindset to give u some hope for the future and not a player who get worse week by week and looking like a lost dog

Are you really in Milan, Italy bro?