Trading Rosen and trading down for Murray might be a great idea

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
Everyone knows they are passing on Bosa right? He isn't coming to Arizona either way.

And where are you getting that from? I haven’t heard anything saying the Cards don’t want Bosa or that Bosa doesn’t want to come to AZ.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Okay Zeno.

Then you tell us sir, based on what you know about both guys, who is the more talented player? Rosen or Murray?

Which player has the most innate ability to make the Cardinal's offense good or great? In terms of points scored per game?

Rosen has a much better chance to be a high quality NFL starting QB because history shows QBs under 5' 11" have ZERO history of success in the NFL QB. I am not gambling the franchise on bucking that trend.

If you base stuff just on college stats you have no idea what you are looking at. Based on that QB1 below should be in the HOF and QB2 would probably have no place in the league right?

QB1 65.4% 12429 yards 95 TDs 40 INTs
QB2 52.4% 7695 yards 52 TDs 34 INTs

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And what if Bosa goes on to be another Mack or Reggie White or someone similar but we passed on him for a 5'9" QB who might not be any better than Russell Wilson?

He still would not be worth 25% of a franchise quarterback.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know you're sick of the Murray talk man.

But can you imagine how horrible it will be for us, if Murray lights it up in the NFL, goes on to be a superstar, while Josh busts out?

How we'll be cursing ourselves, since we had the easy decision to draft Murray sitting right in front of us, but we *ucked it up again, because we didn't have the balls to go for it?

Imagine how horrible it will be if we trade Rosen and he wins 5 Super Bowls while Murray is playing baseball in 2024?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing he’ll weigh the same as Wilson and be an inch shorter.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Kyler Murray’s overall size, not just his height, could be an issue

https://sports.yahoo.com/kyler-murray-overall-size-not-013155570.html

PFT Live. Neither is tall, but Wilson has an overall bulk that Murray simply doesn’t. When seeing both of them in person only a couple of hours apart, it’s a jarring difference."

On the Thursday of Super Bowl week in Atlanta, both Wilson and Murray visited the set of PFT Live. Neither is tall, but Wilson has an overall bulk that Murray simply doesn’t. When seeing both of them in person only a couple of hours apart, it’s a jarring difference.

Murray is thin and slight. He’s small. He looks young, too young to play college football much less pro football. While he may be sufficiently elusive and durable to survive an NFL pounding, it’s a concern that will need to be resolved by teams considering him in the draft.

Wilson increased his muscle mass after entering the NFL, and Murray could do the same. However, Murray’s frame could limit how much he can add without otherwise affecting his abilities.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
BTW QB1 in my message above is Kliff Kingsbury and QB2 is Brett Favre

Haha, Nice.

Point taken Zeno. But college performance, plus what we've seen out of Rosen after one year, is the best info we have to make a difficult decision.

If you're money is on Rosen, cool. If we keep him, and pass on Murray, I'll be pulling for JR to get us a superbowl ring. I do think Josh is talented, and that he has a chance to be a star in the NFL. But man he was underwhelming last year, although I know there were a lot of extenuating circumstances.

My overarching point is that JR does not appear to be a generational QB talent, while Murray definitely does appear to be a generational QB talent. Thus the Cards should take the risk of spending another pick on the most important position in football. Also, the NFL is changing, the Cards acknowledged this change with the KK hire, and it only makes sense to me to get a QB that gives a crafty, QB-developing-mind like KK the best chance to succeed. To me, it's clearly Murray.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Haha, Nice.

Point taken Zeno. But college performance, plus what we've seen out of Rosen after one year, is the best info we have to make a difficult decision.

If you're money is on Rosen, cool. If we keep him, and pass on Murray, I'll be pulling for JR to get us a superbowl ring. I do think Josh is talented, and that he has a chance to be a star in the NFL. But man he was underwhelming last year, although I know there were a lot of extenuating circumstances.

My overarching point is that JR does not appear to be a generational QB talent, while Murray definitely does appear to be a generational QB talent. Thus the Cards should take the risk of spending another pick on the most important position in football. Also, the NFL is changing, the Cards acknowledged this change with the KK hire, and it only makes sense to me to get a QB that gives a crafty, QB-developing-mind like KK the best chance to succeed. To me, it's clearly Murray.

I don't see "generational talent" in Murray. The last QB that looked like generational talent was Luck, but really the only QBs active in the NFL today you could possibly call generational are Brees and Brady...so the fact that Rosen doesn't look like a generational talent isn't an indictment, its just the reality that these players are considered to come around once or twice in a generation. IMO Saquon Barkley was truly the only generational player in last years draft, barring injury that guy will be an all time great.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I don't see "generational talent" in Murray. The last QB that looked like generational talent was Luck, but really the only QBs active in the NFL today you could possibly call generational are Brees and Brady...so the fact that Rosen doesn't look like a generational talent isn't an indictment, its just the reality that these players are considered to come around once or twice in a generation. IMO Saquon Barkley was truly the only generational player in last years draft, barring injury that guy will be an all time great.

If one takes out insane arm strength, there are not many QBs who have come out with the refine QB skills as Rosen. His throwing motion is beautiful to watch when he has decent protection and that skill set allowed him to flash a few tight window throws his first year a lot of rookie QBs are not capable

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great idea.

Do we get to ditch Kyler Murray after one year if he doesn't look like an All-Pro after a year ?
We could ditch every QB we draft after one year, and draft a new guy every year.

Heck, we could bcome famous for setting the modern day record for QB turnover...New team slogan - more turnover than IHOP.

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You ca
I know you're sick of the Murray talk man.

But can you imagine how horrible it will be for us, if Murray lights it up in the NFL, goes on to be a superstar, while Josh busts out?

How we'll be cursing ourselves, since we had the easy decision to draft Murray sitting right in front of us, but we *ucked it up again, because we didn't have the balls to go for it?
You can say the same thing the other way. We trade Rosen and he leads a team to s super bowl as Murray flames out

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cap wise this notion is laughable. They are not eating that much money to dump Rosen.

Rosen is here for the next 2 seasons, at least. And, I'm OK with that.

KM is intriguing but I think he's just too small for the NFL. He will be broken in half if he tries to run that much in the pros.

Just my 2 cents for what it's worth..which is nothing...

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
You ca

You can say the same thing the other way. We trade Rosen and he leads a team to s super bowl as Murray flames out

You're exactly right slaninrac16.

And I could be completely wrong about Murray, I admit that. What I'm saying to the group though, is that 15 years from now, we'll say that Murray was the better QB option than Rosen.

Which scenario is more likely? Rosen leading a team to a superbowl, or Murray leading a team to the superbowl? I say Murray, and that's why the Cardinals should draft him.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're exactly right slaninrac16.

And I could be completely wrong about Murray, I admit that. What I'm saying to the group though, is that 15 years from now, we'll say that Murray was the better QB option than Rosen.

Which scenario is more likely? Rosen leading a team to a superbowl, or Murray leading a team to the superbowl? I say Murray, and that's why the Cardinals should draft him.
Either way you slice it your looking at throwing away a pair of aces to catch an inside straight. Why do we not trust Kk? He convinced the cards brass that he can help Rosen excel. Why would he say that if he didn’t believe it? That would be occupational suicide. He has helped every qb he’s coach improve and excel. I trust KK.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still do not get why the Cardinals trade Rosen for an unproven player in Murray.

Forget the draft picks, it's about finding the right quarterback.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard