Trading Rosen and trading down for Murray might be a great idea

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Regardless of whether Murray becomes the next great QBOF there are some good reasons to make these moves, DRAFT PICKS. Trading Rosen and trading down to snag Murray could get the Cards a nice stash of picks, and this team has a ton of holes.

Watching Murray, I'm intrigued about what he can do in the Cards system. Worst case scenario he doesn't work out, you play Glennon, and draft another QB, but the picks you can net may improve the rest of the team for years to come.

It all depends on what you can get back but I wouldn't dismiss this entirely. If the deals are right I hope Keim listens.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Jesus H...

I know you're sick of the Murray talk man.

But can you imagine how horrible it will be for us, if Murray lights it up in the NFL, goes on to be a superstar, while Josh busts out?

How we'll be cursing ourselves, since we had the easy decision to draft Murray sitting right in front of us, but we *ucked it up again, because we didn't have the balls to go for it?

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

But can you imagine how horrible it will be for us, if Murray lights it up in the NFL, goes on to be a superstar, while Josh busts out?

How we'll be cursing ourselves, since we had the easy decision to draft Murray sitting right in front of us, but we *ucked it up again, because we didn't have the balls to go for it?
And what if Bosa goes on to be another Mack or Reggie White or someone similar but we passed on him for a 5'9" QB who might not be any better than Russell Wilson?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
And what if Bosa goes on to be another Mack or Reggie White or someone similar but we passed on him for a 5'9" QB who might not be any better than Russell Wilson?

That's definitely fair NJCardFan.

But tell us honestly sir. In your opinion, which player has the greatest potential to change the course of a franchise? To turn it from a loser into winner? Murray or Bosa?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And could you imagine how horrible it would be if Rosen Goes on to become a star and balls out elsewhere after trading him...

While we get Dorf of the football world and he is a massive bust...

We would be cursing ourselves for making the dumbest decision in draft history....

OP
OP
azsouthendzone

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And could you imagine how horrible it would be if Rosen Goes on to become a star and balls out elsewhere after trading him...

We would be cursing ourselves for making the dumbest decision in draft history....
Stockpiling picks would never be considered dumb. Worst case scenario you draft another QB or sign a FA later. Rosen is very replaceable. He is not a once in a lifetime player and the chances that he is a bust, and that any QB is a bust, are a lot higher than becoming a Pro Bowl QB.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
KK obviously said the right thing yesterday that Rosen was his guy. Does everyone believe Rosen will fit into this Air Raid type offense. I don’t see why not as long as he buys into the system.

Hypothetically, say ARZ can get #6 from NYG or #7 from JAX for Rosen and keep #1 to take Bosa so they end up with him and Murray, would anyone do this?

I am intrigued by a scenario of Murray at QB, DJ at RB and WR corp of Fitz, Kirk & Brown. If ARZ fixes OL to protect Murray from getting killed that would be an interesting offense to see.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on what exactly?

Based on the fact that he is a top flight QB prospect whom was put in a position to fail by the previous staff.

Yet still managed to actually look better then Jared Goff in his rookie season.

Right staff and an OL and he is gonna be just fine. He will 1000% have a better career then Kyler freaking Murray... lol

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stockpiling picks would never be considered dumb. Worst case scenario you draft another QB or sign a FA later. Rosen is very replaceable. He is not a once in a lifetime player and the chances that he is a bust, and that any QB is a bust, are a lot higher than becoming a Pro Bowl QB.

Stockpiling draft picks is intriguing... But you can do that without trading Rosen.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

And that's fair too.

It comes down to who we think will be the better QB for the next 15 years. Josh Rosen or Kyler Murray.

Senior Season College stats:

QB rating:

JR = 147
KM = 199

TDs to ints

JR 26 and 10
KM 42 and 7

Rushing

JR 59 for -97
KM 140 for 1001

Shane, my money is on Murray keeping drives alive, moving the sticks, and making plays that lead us to wins.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
And that's fair too.

It comes down to who we think will be the better QB for the next 15 years. Josh Rosen or Kyler Murray.

Senior Season College stats:

QB rating:

JR = 147
KM = 199

TDs to ints

JR 26 and 10
KM 42 and 7

Rushing

JR 59 for -97
KM 140 for 1001

Shane, my money is on Murray keeping drives alive, moving the sticks, and making plays that lead us to wins.

Standing at 5'8, 160 pounds. Yeah ok.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Picks don't win football games, and the number of picks mean nothing if the guy drafting players cannot make sound decisions.

The one thing that I am VERY confused about is why people want to base draft decisions off of a HORRIBLE head coach hiring based on a hype-driven fad of an offensive scheme.

Yet, this IS the Cardinals and IS Steve Keim so I would not put it past them to actually do this.

I know everyone is very excited about offense and a couple of nationally televised games that the Chiefs played in (not sure what Andy Reid has to do with Sean McVeay, but that is another subject all together), but the Rams were beat by both the Patriots and Saints this year, and their offense was shown to be quite stoppable.

Last edited:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Comparing UCLAs talent level and type of offense to the talent level at OU with their offensive system...that's comparing apples to apples for sure :sarcasm:

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score

Can you imagine how sick we will be when we have spent two consecutive drafts drafting the same position only to have moved a franchise QB to a staff that was able to develop him into their QBOF, while ours after struggling with the physicality of the game calls it quits and plays for the Oakland A's?

I guess the good news is there are true franchise potential QBs in the 2020 draft...I guess third times the charm...

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Comparing UCLAs talent level and type of offense to the talent level at OU with their offensive system...that's comparing apples to apples for sure :sarcasm:

Okay Zeno.

Then you tell us sir, based on what you know about both guys, who is the more talented player? Rosen or Murray?

Which player has the most innate ability to make the Cardinal's offense good or great? In terms of points scored per game?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose