Reaction score
Boom.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Boom.

Like I stated ... we will see and if nothing, maybe it cancels out any reminding curse if there is ... from this franchise...

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I am sure the golfing in Tampa is better than Cleveland so that might weigh on BA’s mind when it comes down to it.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boom.

That’s what I was saying. Didn’t see any way in hell we were entitled to compensation

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
That’s what I was saying. Didn’t see any way in hell we were entitled to compensation
Yep we’re getting nada! “Team option” only covers 2019 which neither signed. Sad but true & sucks for Big Red

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
That ship has sailed for us. Bruce is a great coach but is loyal to a fault. He refused to let anyone go, not even the incompetent Amos Jones. He was responsible for for his own departure here. He once said he would never fire a coach because he knows what it feels like. Well, coaches are hired to be fired. That is why the NFL stand for NOT FOR LONG. I wish him well in the future.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I have to laugh at the people acting like the 2018 draft class is full of All-Pro's.

The fact that drunk ass Keim is still here while BA waltzes off to Tampa is very Bill Bidwill-esque.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Sure does sound like BA/Michael had a mutual parting of the ways, since the Cards or BA aren’t even talking about a possible return. No staff changes, we’re moving on.

Last edited:

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
BA interviewed with Tampa today. Also, Cards will get no compensation for BA as they did not pick up his option when he retired.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Something happened inside the organization. Not picking sides, but many ex players came out and spoke poorly of the organization, and BA goes out on a “medical.” I’ve seen this movie before.

Me thinks the cards have some upper management problems, and not necessarily with MB, but other folks, such as the marketing folks and bean counters. Just speculating obviously, but it sure seems the cards continue to have this effect on some people.

Why would the "bean counters" cause friction with the head coach?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I have to laugh at the people acting like the 2018 draft class is full of All-Pro's.

The fact that drunk ass Keim is still here while BA waltzes off to Tampa is very Bill Bidwill-esque.

Huh? So your upset that BA is going to Tampa and not here? Really?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That ship has sailed for us. Bruce is a great coach but is loyal to a fault. He refused to let anyone go, not even the incompetent Amos Jones. He was responsible for for his own departure here. He once said he would never fire a coach because he knows what it feels like. Well, coaches are hired to be fired. That is why the NFL stand for NOT FOR LONG. I wish him well in the future.

Totally agree with you. I like BA but it was time for him to move on. We missed on Wilks, we need to get it right this time.

Last edited:

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I’m sorry but I’m completely missing g where you were going with this.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Why would the "bean counters" cause friction with the head coach?

Not necessarily specifically with the coach, but the team as a whole. BA had his favorites (as most do), but he was extra loyal to those.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Why am I not surprised the league would screw us out of draft picks for BA.
How is the league screwing the Cards? If AZ had the option on 2019 and didn't exercise it, that's on them, not the league. It's obvious, MB sincerely thought BA was finished.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
How is the league screwing the Cards? If AZ had the option on 2019 and didn't exercise it, that's on them, not the league. It's obvious, MB sincerely thought BA was finished.

But he was still technically under contract for 2018? He signed a 4 year extension in 2015 with a 5th year option in 2019. If he retires, wouldn't the contract be frozen (2018 still open and 2019 an option year)? Or does the contract keep going through retirement?

I am over it.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
But he was still technically under contract for 2018? He signed a 4 year extension in 2015 with a 5th year option in 2019. If he retires, wouldn't the contract be frozen (2018 still open and 2019 an option year)? Or does the contract keep going through retirement?

I am over it.
If the Cards paid him in 2018, then the contract tolls. I think it's just like a retiring player contract.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard