BA to Tampa Bay heating up?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Considering that Keim had his best draft class ever without the input of BA I believe we may know who pushed for all the tiny warriors and unique picks.

Have to wonder who it was who pushed Ameer Abdullah up the draft chart in 2015... I am betting it was BA.
I said as much in another post. Tampa would be wise, if required, to give AZ it's 1st Rounder.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Considering that Keim had his best draft class ever without the input of BA I believe we may know who pushed for all the tiny warriors and unique picks.

Have to wonder who it was who pushed Ameer Abdullah up the draft chart in 2015... I am betting it was BA.

Such a small sample size to reach that sort of conclusion.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Well it’s the only sample we have to work with. But to me there are 5 guys on their way to a second contract based on what I have seen so far. This is of course all dependent on Rosen developing.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Well it’s the only sample we have to work with. But to me there are 5 guys on their way to a second contract based on what I have seen so far. This is of course all dependent on Rosen developing.

I'm not saying you're wrong and I hope you're right.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I'm not saying you're wrong and I hope you're right.

Time will tell right? I am sure the coaches have some input on the draft picks so BA had to have some influence and my guess is his relationship with Keim allowed him to have more influence than he should have...hope Keim learns from that.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

Logan Thomas was an Arians pick.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It may be petty, but this is kind of BS of BA. Guy leaves here when the going gets tough and sits out one year. Thanks BA. SMH.

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Time will tell right? I am sure the coaches have some input on the draft picks so BA had to have some influence and my guess is his relationship with Keim allowed him to have more influence than he should have...hope Keim learns from that.
I Always had the feeling that BA had too much influence on the drafts picks.

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
I wish BA the best, but if he thinks we have a dysfunctional front office and ownership group, wait until he deals with the Glazers!

Not to mention, it is not like he is leaving a talent depleted AZ squad for a playoff caliber team...

Good luck BA --you are going to need it--

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

seriously. We saw ONE player actually produce out of that draft class (Kirk). The jury's completely out on everyone else.

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
I am willing to give the entire class a mulligan, no rookie could have done well under those circumstances.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This. He had no problem saying it was the Steelers retired him, not himself. On All or Nothing he says fired from Pittsburgh when he's running through his list of jobs/results. Maybe if he was pushed out he'll say it once he has a new job

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
seriously. We saw ONE player actually produce out of that draft class (Kirk). The jury's completely out on everyone else.
Two rookies started on the O-line and played well for the most part. Seems promising.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two rookies started on the O-line and played well for the most part. Seems promising.

no. simply playing doesn't mean they played well... or would even have been there if the rest of the line wasn't in the MASH unit. The only promising thing Cole showed was that he could stay healthy... which for this team I guess is a big thing. But he did nothing else to show he can make any positive difference.

draft picks playing doesn't mean squat when they a) are playing on an atrocious team and b) did nothing to make that team better.

With Kirk, we actually SAW production, not just a guy who was on the field. No one else proved anything else at this point... certainly not to the point to call the draft a success at this point or laud it in any way shape or form.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no. simply playing doesn't mean they played well... or would even have been there if the rest of the line wasn't in the MASH unit. The only promising thing Cole showed was that he could stay healthy... which for this team I guess is a big thing. But he did nothing else to show he can make any positive difference.

draft picks playing doesn't mean squat when they a) are playing on an atrocious team and b) did nothing to make that team better.

With Kirk, we actually SAW production, not just a guy who was on the field. No one else proved anything else at this point... certainly not to the point to call the draft a success at this point or laud it in any way shape or form.

I think you are being a tad harsh on Cole. Early in the year, you saw him getting run over. Later, he was not getting run over, but actually getting more push than we ever saw from Seindlein or Shipley.

Cole will be in the NFL as a starter for a long time, barring serious injury.

JMHO

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Is Rappaport's math right? In February 2015, we signed BA to a contract through the 2018 season with a team option for 2019. He retired last year, so as he didn't coach through the 2018 season, thus retiring with 1 year left on his contract PLUS the team option for 2019, wouldn't we be entitled to compensation?

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...rians-steve-keim-sign-new-contracts/23883133/
I think it would depend on if the Cards paid him for 2018 or not. If they paid him, I think his contract would toll.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
I think you are being a tad harsh on Cole. Early in the year, you saw him getting run over. Later, he was not getting run over, but actually getting more push than we ever saw from Seindlein or Shipley.

Cole will in the NFL as a starter for a long time, barring serious injury.

JMHO
Cunningham was given a final grade of 59.9 by PFF for an ' average' rating.

I'm not sure what every expects mid-low draft pick rookies to do on OL...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cunningham was given a final grade of 59.9 by PFF for an ' average' rating.

I'm not sure what every expects mid-low draft pick rookies to do on OL...

who's "expecting" anything out of them? I'm just saying to call them finds or that they help constitute a good draft class is beyond premature at this point.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If BA goes to Tampa, I hope the Cards at least go the the NFL and call them out to get at least something. If I'm not mistaken the last time something similar happend the team got some compensation credited by the NFL, hope this is nothing different.

And really, what rappaport says doesn't matter, I'm not sure if he knows more about this than anybody else. He is probably guessing.