BA to Tampa Bay heating up?

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
Tampa has lost their minds if they hire him..Many on this board have lost their mind wanting him back!!!!!!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
So...why did he retire again?

The truthers will tell you he was forced out and retired to avoid being fired.

The more likely scenario is he retired because of health reasons and seeing the Cards eventual decline. After a year off from coaching and not being good in the booth he got the itch again.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
So...why did he retire again?

Something happened inside the organization. Not picking sides, but many ex players came out and spoke poorly of the organization, and BA goes out on a “medical.” I’ve seen this movie before.

Me thinks the cards have some upper management problems, and not necessarily with MB, but other folks, such as the marketing folks and bean counters. Just speculating obviously, but it sure seems the cards continue to have this effect on some people.

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score

The more likely scenario is he retired because of health reasons and seeing the Cards eventual decline. After a year off from coaching and not being good in the booth he got the itch again.
But the TB opening hardly qualifies as great.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I obviously don’t know ish, but I watched us win our first playoff game in 98, only to watch the team get gutted in the next year and two.

I watched us go to the Super Bowl in 2009, and NFC championship in 2010, only to watch us let good players walk in the next offseasons.

We hit it big again, only to watch us do stupid stuff again. I think the organization is moving forward, but sometimes I think they don’t know how to handle/sustain continued success (even just being a competitive .500 or above club).

Sure I like to see us in the playoffs, but I’ll still tune in every Sunday if we are a competitive team. I think I missed 4-5 games this year, which has never happened.

I’m hoping we do something to get over the hump and stay above it.

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
JW is mentally weak. He has proved it time and time again. BA will have his work cut out for him.

JW has all of the talent in the world but has consistently made bad decision after bad decision.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

More like the tinfoil hatters.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I obviously don’t know ish, but I watched us win our first playoff game in 98, only to watch the team get gutted in the next year and two.

I watched us go to the Super Bowl in 2009, and NFC championship in 2010, only to watch us let good players walk in the next offseasons.

We hit it big again, only to watch us do stupid stuff again. I think the organization is moving forward, but sometimes I think they don’t know how to handle/sustain continued success (even just being a competitive .500 or above club).

Sure I like to see us in the playoffs, but I’ll still tune in every Sunday if we are a competitive team. I think I missed 4-5 games this year, which has never happened.

I’m hoping we do something to get over the hump and stay above it.

We didn’t go to NFC Championship in 2010. We lost in the divisional round to the Saints and after that we didn’t let good players walk, Warner retired and Whisenhunts offense became useless without him.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tampa has lost their minds if they hire him..Many on this board have lost their mind wanting him back!!!!!!

I really don't think the Glazer family (the owners) will allow BA to be hired. They have always been involved in key decisions.

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
We didn’t go to NFC Championship in 2010. We lost in the divisional round to the Saints and after that we didn’t let good players walk, Warner retired and Whisenhunts offense became useless without him.
Boldin was traded, rolle and dansby left in FA, and Warner retired. A lot of good players to lose in one off season

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Something happened inside the organization. Not picking sides, but many ex players came out and spoke poorly of the organization, and BA goes out on a “medical.” I’ve seen this movie before.

Me thinks the cards have some upper management problems, and not necessarily with MB, but other folks, such as the marketing folks and bean counters. Just speculating obviously, but it sure seems the cards continue to have this effect on some people.
Well, since the Cards weren't the 1st team to retire BA, methinks BA should look within himself and see what the Harbaugh is going on in there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account@RapSheet
If the #Bucs hire Bruce Arians as their head coach — and he is the front-runner — they are not required to provide compensation to the #AZCardinals, sources say. Arians did retire in AZ, but his 2019 team option was declined. Tampa Bay can proceed without any obstacles.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account@RapSheet
If the #Bucs hire Bruce Arians as their head coach — and he is the front-runner — they are not required to provide compensation to the #AZCardinals, sources say. Arians did retire in AZ, but his 2019 team option was declined. Tampa Bay can proceed without any obstacles.

So what about 2018? If it's like players contracts, if they sit out, the 2018 season would become 2019 terms. Why would this be different?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
So what about 2018? If it's like players contracts, if they sit out, the 2018 season would become 2019 terms. Why would this be different?
If they paid him in 2018, then his contract probably tolled.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If they paid him in 2018, then his contract probably tolled.

No way. :shocker: I hope you are wrong on that.

If so, then doing the 'right thing' and not being cheap would of screwed us over.

Or maybe it has to do with coaches contracts being guaranteed? But they can't possibly be guaranteed when they retire.

The NFL needs to clarify this, because it seems way screwed up.

Here you can't interview a college coordinator coach who hasn't even coached the team yet even for a higher level NFL job (HC), but your former head coach who retired and was under contract (paid or not) is allowed to sign on with another team?

Wow. The NFL just bent us over while wielding a broomstick with a bunch of splinters.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The only way this makes sense is if they told BA they were going to fire him and allowed him to "retire" to save face. Again, he was probably facing coaching changes to keep his job or be fired and he wouldn't do it.

Then I can see the league saying no compensation, otherwise he is under contract. Technically, we could pick up the team option for 2019 (league year hasn't started...right?)

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The only way this makes sense is if they told BA they were going to fire him and allowed him to "retire" to save face. Again, he was probably facing coaching changes to keep his job or be fired and he wouldn't do it.

Then I can see the league saying no compensation, otherwise he is under contract. Technically, we could pick up the team option for 2019 (league year hasn't started...right?)

Considering that Keim had his best draft class ever without the input of BA I believe we may know who pushed for all the tiny warriors and unique picks.

Have to wonder who it was who pushed Ameer Abdullah up the draft chart in 2015... I am betting it was BA.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard