BA to Tampa Bay heating up?

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I think a second round pick would be fair compensation. If Tampa hires BA they will be getting the best coach available. BA will make them a winner. I would love to have BA and Bowels back. At least we would have a top ten offense and defense again.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a second round pick would be fair compensation. If Tampa hires BA they will be getting the best coach available. BA will make them a winner. I would love to have BA and Bowels back. At least we would have a top ten offense and defense again.

What are you missing? Nobody is getting compensation for BA if he hires in Tampa that’s already been cleared up.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I suspect that Michael wanted Amos gone due to our abysmal Special Teams and BA said no thanks. And Keim wasn’t about to force his buddy BAs hand.

It wasn’t that we wanted BA to retire or his health, but rather an unwillingness to replace his cronies. I don’t think Michael gives a damn about the culture as long as we’re winning.
If so, this raises the question of MB fixing what wasn't broke & risking the shake-up of the entire franchise (which appears to be precisely what happened).

Either that or BA was being totally unreasonable - if I had to guess, I'd be prone to side with BA (because he's the one modern-day coach we won with).

He had one losing record in 5 seasons.

This all conjectuee but if I were in his shoes and the longtime owner of one of the most historically inept franchises in all professional sports decided he was going to give me an ultimatum, I would opt to "retire."

Last edited:

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I really don't think the Glazer family (the owners) will allow BA to be hired. They have always been involved in key decisions.

The rumor is that the Bucs want “a name” this time, and Arians certainly fit that description.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Reports starting to swirl now that BA is going to Tampa and taking Bowles and Amos Jones with him. Leftwich will be the QB coach.

Last edited:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Reports starting to swirl now that BA is going to Tampa and taking Bowles and Amos Jones with him. Leftwich will be the QB coach.

Harold Goodwin is out of football currently so I would expect him on that staff too.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bruce Arians’ Tampa interview included a physical

As the Buccaneers prepare to potentially hire coach Bruce Arians, more details are emerging regarding his weekend interview in Tampa.

Via JoeBucsFan.com, Jay Glazer of FOX explained on Colin Cowherd’s radio/TV show that the Arians interview included a trip to a local hospital. Glazer explained that he’s heard of no team taking that kind of precautionary step regarding a candidate for a head-coaching job.

It’s justified in this specific case. Arians, 66, has had several health issues over the years, included a bout with prostate cancer and a 2016 case of kidney cancer.

Glazer also said that he believes the Buccaneers will name Arians its next head coach “in a day or two,” which implies that the trip to the hospital went well. Along with the interview.

If/when it happens, it will cap an unexpected series of events for Arians, who retired a year ago, accepted a spot on the NFL’s Career Development Advisory Panel (per a league source, Arians told the league office on multiple occasions that he would not be a candidate in 2019), and said publicly — and repeatedly — that he’d only unretire to coach the Browns.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Well TBH Bruce never looked exactly healthy his last season in AZ, I never knew a man could be that shade of red ALL the time, not just when he was upset.

Maybe that year off did his health some good.

I have no ill will toward BA, he gave us some fun football to watch.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Looks like Rappaport (and the league's initial decision) were wrong. The Cardinals argued that they owned Arians' rights and were entitled to compensation and the league agreed. I'm surprised that's all they could get for him but sounds like the Cardinals didn't want to be bogged down in a dispute either. So, we are swapping our 7th round pick next year for their 6th round pick this year.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ortedly-compensate-cardinals-with-draft-pick/

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard