What are you reading now?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Haven't read it yet, but Ernest Cline did write another book after RPO. It's called Armada. Sounds a bit like a modern take on The Last Starfighter to me.

"The story follows a teenager who plays an online video game about defending against an alien invasion, only to find out that the game is a simulator to prepare him and people around the world for defending against an actual alien invasion."

Nice. I'll check it out.

Does sound like The Last Star Fighter though.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Haven't read it yet, but Ernest Cline did write another book after RPO. It's called Armada. Sounds a bit like a modern take on The Last Starfighter to me.

"The story follows a teenager who plays an online video game about defending against an alien invasion, only to find out that the game is a simulator to prepare him and people around the world for defending against an actual alien invasion."

Just finished it a few days ago. It was good but no where near as good as his Ready Player One book.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Jesse is hilarious and David Goggins is one of the most interesting guys I follow.

Last edited:

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score

Beyond Human: How Cutting-Edge Science Is Extending Our Lives

Editorial Reviews

Review
"Dazzling... An eye-opening description of scientific transhumanism that may provoke older readers to curse themselves for being born a few decades too early."-- Kirkus (starred review)

"An intriguing projection of the current arc of medical technology, with a rich exploration of the potential societal consequences that will inform and provoke readers in the health-care and social science fields."-- Library Journal

About the Author
EVE HEROLD is a science writer specializing in issues at the intersection of science and society. She has written and spoken extensively about stem cell research and regenerative medicine and the social and bioethical aspects of leading-edge medicine. She is the past director of the Office of Communications and Public Affairs at the American Psychiatric Association and has served as Director of Public Policy Research and Education for the Genetics Policy Institute.

Interesting read. Opened my eyes to a plethora of ethical questions we'll need to answer in the near future about extending human lives. Nanotechnology is going to blow up healthcare as we know it.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
The Reckoning by John Grisham