What are you reading now?

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I am currently reading "The Cub's Way" which tells how Theo Epstein built the Cubs into World Series Champs (and Red Sox too). He is very upfront about everything and you are expected to follow his blueprint. Very interesting book. After the Cubs won the World Series (and the Red Sox previously) I joked that we should bring Theo to the Cards. He proves knowing more about people will take you farther than just knowing the numbers.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Jane Goodall - "In the Shadow of Man". Not that compelling a story but I have a reason to read it - I want to understand as well as possible the creatures(chimpanzees) we evolved from. DNA says we did but as you dig into the details of how that might have happened it seems to get more and more implausible. Once we get into the stone age, making sharp spear points from shaped flint, we were suddenly the apex predator so its not too hard from there on but getting to that point is extremely challenging.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
World War II: The Definitive Visual History: From Blitzkrieg to the Atom Bomb

You must be registered for see images attach

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Fireman by Joe Hill.

I've read everything he's ever written. He is a lot like his father (Stephen King). Really like his writing.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
The Westing Game. My favorite book as a child. Read it for the first time in 30 years.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
"Origin"

By Dan Brown... I like Browns novels as they usually move along at a great clip so they are hard to put down. Unfortunately Origin does not move as quickly as previous Langson installments. It seems Mr Brown got just a touch carried away with some of the art descriptions in this one and it drags the story a bit.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
"Origin"

By Dan Brown... I like Browns novels as they usually move along at a great clip so they are hard to put down. Unfortunately Origin does not move as quickly as previous Langson installments. It seems Mr Brown got just a touch carried away with some of the art descriptions in this one and it drags the story a bit.

I’m finishing this one today. :)

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
did it seem to drag a bit for you?? I am at the point where they just jumped on the chopper from the top of dudes building. or...are about to...maybe they dont, lol

I think it’s been pretty smooth, but I stopped reading with about 70 pages left, which I didn’t expect. It started to drag a bit there, so I will get the exciting conclusion today. :)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think it’s been pretty smooth, but I stopped reading with about 70 pages left, which I didn’t expect. It started to drag a bit there, so I will get the exciting conclusion today. :)
lol... I have caught myself actually skipping paragraphs when the long art history lessons start... skipping anything is unusual for me since I read fast anyway

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
lol... I have caught myself actually skipping paragraphs when the long art history lessons start... skipping anything is unusual for me since I read fast anyway

The Churchill stuff is important. ;)

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score

Making Habits, Breaking Habits: Why We Do Things, Why We Don't, and How to Make Any Change Stick

Nothing groundbreaking, but I got a few tidbits.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard