2018 1st round pick is Josh Rosen

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ugh at his comments, I hope this kid doesn’t blow up in our face. Still very excited for him to play, can’t wait to watch him develop

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Frankly, I don't give a you know what if that makes him cocky. I like that about the dude. Get you some Josh.
as long as he can back it up, i don't mind the talking. a little distasteful to do it the day you were drafted tho, go earn it kid, show them then.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's pissed off. 9 teams made a mistake. Was thinking he was going to have to fake a smile because he slighted. After he was picked that all went away and he's excited

he's pissed off he was the 4th QB taken, after he wasdnt drafted by 3, "it was all a blur because i was mad" "There were nine mistakes ahead of me, and i'll prove that over the next decade”

I like the idea of a motivated QB. His remarks did not bother me.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
as long as he can back it up, i don't mind the talking. a little distasteful to do it the day you were drafted tho, go earn it kid, show them then.

I'll buy that, but it's very Aaron Rodgers'esque. He proved it. If he and Aaron are close, he will certainly help him be a professional. As will Fitz of course.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he's pissed off he was the 4th QB taken, after he wasdnt drafted by 3, "it was all a blur because i was mad" "There were nine mistakes ahead of me, and i'll prove that over the next decade”

I love it. Cutler never had these balls/anger and Cutler was my fear for him pre-draft.

Did I mention he’s Jewish, too?

Last edited by a moderator:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Damn skippy!

I have to believe it was Arians, then, that was holding Keim back from drafting a young QB.
Can’t disagree at all. Prolly goes back to trying to go all in to win given he & the staffs age as well as much of the roster. Hopefully Keim learns he has to do what’s best for the organization going forward.

But then again, it could also involve he knows his neck will be on the chopping blow in 3-4 years & realized he had to roll the dice.

Either way Cards fans should be proud of Rd 1 & what took place. Step 2 starts tomorrow :cheers:

This move could possibly extend Larry Legends career 1-2 years as well

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Love the pick. Can spend the season sitting behind Bradford and learning. Doesn't have to be rushed in to play.
I think at some point Sam will be on IR & Glennon will stink & we will get a taste of the future

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he was the consensus #2, than why didn't he go #2?

Because he wasn't the consensus #2 that's why.

He would have gone 2 to the Jets if Cleveland had not let Darnold stay on the board.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It was a great pick, didnt cost much either and was a position of need. Many sports media guys loved the pick.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Mel Kiper Jr. says we're a winner.

"I know UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen has durability concerns, and he has battled some injuries. There are also questions -- fair or not -- about his leadership skills. Does he have that extra intangible to be the great quarterback he is capable of being? On the field, he's NFL-ready. He makes throws few quarterbacks can. And people forget that Rosen outplayed Sam Darnold when USC and UCLA met late last season. He's a good player, and he's going to be motivated. I wouldn't be shocked if he played early for Arizona, which has Sam Bradford and Mike Glennon signed to short-term deals.

Plus, the Cardinals jumped two spots to get in front of the Dolphins to take Rosen and only gave up extra third- and fifth-round picks."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave