Tyrann Mathieu: "No way I'm taking a pay cut."

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
Good luck to him...I guess this is the downside to when players say they're "betting on themselves." Should have stuck around. Wish him well though, he gave us some great moments

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Well, I am quite pissed. HB just signed a 1year deal with Texans with up to $7 mil with incentives. Jurecki said the Cards offered him $8mil on the restructure/pay cut deal. Sounds like HB wanted out more than money to me. So all his whining and complaining after the Cards cut him is BS

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
John Brown with Ravens
Jaron Brown with Seahags
HB with Texans
Martin with Giants

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What were we reporting to cut his salary to?

8-9 million. Heard both. Probably somewhere in between. We didn't hear anything about years, but probably keep the same 3 years.

He might have just lost him and his new family 17-22 million. He might make some or all of that up, but he has to bounce back, otherwise it might be 4-5 million this year and 2-3 million the next two years. So he might have just lost about 15 million or so over the next three years.

I'd fire that agent asap.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, I am quite pissed. HB just signed a 1year deal with Texans with up to $7 mil with incentives. Jurecki said the Cards offered him $8mil on the restructure/pay cut deal. Sounds like HB wanted out more than money to me. So all his whining and complaining after the Cards cut him is BS

He felt jilted. I posted about this a week or two ago. Sometimes people get all emotional and make bad decisions. Honey Badger is a very emotional person.

His pride and/or agent screwed him.

When stuff like this happens, sometimes a person gets pissed off and decides they would rather just go play somewhere else. Offended at the thought of a restructure. He just learned a hard lesson.

He should of let cooler heads prevail and taken the restructure. His agent should of warned him. Maybe he did and HB didn't listen.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
He felt jilted. I posted about this a week or two ago. Sometimes people get all emotional and make bad decisions. Honey Badger is a very emotional person.

His pride and/or agent screwed him.

When stuff like this happens, sometimes a person gets pissed off and decides they would rather just go play somewhere else. Offended at the thought of a restructure. He just learned a hard lesson.

He should of let cooler heads prevail and taken the restructure. His agent should of warned him. Maybe he did and HB didn't listen.

Surprises me because of the relationship HB and P2 have/had that P2 would've told him to come back

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everybody’s in this thread talking about the guy that’s gone when they should be in the Justin Pugh thread talking about landing him. Haha

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everybody’s in this thread talking about the guy that’s gone when they should be in the Justin Pugh thread talking about landing him. Haha

Kinda like the ongoing drama called the Where is Mitch? thread. Get over it. He's totally out.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Surprises me because of the relationship HB and P2 have/had that P2 would've told him to come back

I heard it reported (can't remember where, might have been on tv) P2 roughly told him 'to go get his money you know how I feel'.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
I heard it reported (can't remember where, might have been on tv) P2 roughly told him 'to go get his money you know how I feel'.

That was after he was cut. You'd thibk with how close they were that HB would've talked to P2 about his offer from Texans and P2 would tell him to come back here. That's what I meant to say

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Was nothing bad at all.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Was nothing bad at all.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah, I wasn't trying to infer PP was saying anything bad (or alluding he felt like the Cards were a bad situation). Just a player saying things from a business perspective to go out and get your money.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison