OT: McDaniels to spurn Colts?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. That would be wild. Coach in waiting? Belicheat retirimg?

Frank The Fixer

Veteran
Reaction score
It's going to be very interesting to see what happens with the patriots after the season.
Maybe Bill walks

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Bill probably cost his team this time winning the super bowl over his stubbornness not to play Butler. Whatever his personal reason we will never really know. But he wins because he is the ultimate guru at making halftime adjustments. Refusing to play Butler kept him from making the adjustments he would have in other games. I think he put his ego above his team winning the game. Maybe it is time for him to go. He and his ego has gotten to be bigger than the game and is affecting his judgement now.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Bill probably cost his team this time winning the super bowl over his stubbornness not to play Butler. Whatever his personal reason we will never really know. But he wins because he is the ultimate guru at making halftime adjustments. Refusing to play Butler kept him from making the adjustments he would have in other games. I think he put his ego above his team winning the game. Maybe it is time for him to go. He and his ego has gotten to be bigger than the game and is affecting his judgement now.

He pulled a Barrett Robbins except went to Canada instead of Mexico.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Hey, but at least Butler is a good tackler.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I didn't hear anything about this this morning on ESPN. Is it really a story or just talk?

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I didn't hear anything about this this morning on ESPN. Is it really a story or just talk?

There are reports yesterday that Patricia told the Pats long ago he was leaving for Detroit, but McDaniels has yet to do the same (telling the Pats he's leaving). That's what started speculation around this, but at this point it is very much just speculation.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
to add to the speculation:

Sando made reference to various NFL coaches wondering why Belichek would want to start over with coordinators

add to that the Garrapolo dust up with Brady/ownership midseason --

rumors about Belichek being open to the Giants HC job --

so-- some smoke about Belichek being done

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hope we get to see Belichick coach without Brady for 5 years to settle who is the GOAT between them.

Brady is a HOF with or without Belichick. Belichick without Brady is likely not.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Hope we get to see Belichick coach without Brady for 5 years to settle who is the GOAT between them.

Brady is a HOF with or without Belichick. Belichick without Brady is likely not.

Matt Castle, Jimmy G, Jacoby Brissette all think otherwise....They all won games as starters, replacing Brady.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I actually respect BB for this. I hate him for many things but having a set of rules that applies to everyone isn't one of them.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Matt Castle, Jimmy G, Jacoby Brissette all think otherwise....They all won games as starters, replacing Brady.

True. I will not discount it. Bill is a great coach. Is he is HOF coach without Brady?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I actually respect BB for this. I hate him for many things but having a set of rules that applies to everyone isn't one of them.

I would agree with this. But there is not a smoking gun on why the benching happened. Hopefully things will clear out soon.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score

Yeah, I think we'd have to see Brady go play somewhere else AND see Belichick coach without him to really get a sense of that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose