David Johnson getting some lofty lofty praise....

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Fwiw, ESPN "celebrity" mock draft going on right now, they took him #1 overall in the entire draft. Ahead of guys like AB, AD. Have we ever seen this from a cardinal?!?!

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fwiw, ESPN "celebrity" mock draft going on right now, they took him #1 overall in the entire draft. Ahead of guys like AB, AD. Have we ever seen this from a cardinal?!?!
He's going too 3 in almost all drafts... Crazy cool and in a PPR league probably the smart pick..

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
He's going too 3 in almost all drafts... Crazy cool and in a PPR league probably the smart pick..
And to think I got him in the 13th round last season. Too bad not a keeper league.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
And to think I got him in the 13th round last season. Too bad not a keeper league.

I had him in my keeper league but dropped him as he wasn't killing it in the beginning of the season. :(

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In fantasy I think the only cardinal offensive player I would want as a FT starter is Palmer. DJ might be worth a FT RB role but he may also end up delegating work and goal line situations to CJ. We'll see.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In fantasy I think the only cardinal offensive player I would want as a FT starter is Palmer. DJ might be worth a FT RB role but he may also end up delegating work and goal line situations to CJ. We'll see.

You are crazy. DJ is going to be a monster, he is not going to get pulled on the goal line for CJ.

Even if he only gets a thousand yards rushing, his touchdowns and number of catches will make him the number one running back this year as long as he does not get hurt.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
You are crazy. DJ is going to be a monster, he is not going to get pulled on the goal line for CJ.

Even if he only gets a thousand yards rushing, his touchdowns and number of catches will make him the number one running back this year as long as he does not get hurt.

Don't think he's crazy. I kinda agree - too many weapons for him to be a "monster." They'll take what the defense gives them, and every team now has plenty of film on dj31 so he'll be defenses' #1 priority to stop.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Don't think he's crazy. I kinda agree - too many weapons for him to be a "monster." They'll take what the defense gives them, and every team now has plenty of film on dj31 so he'll be defenses' #1 priority to stop.

IMO, MF15 should have a banner year.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

id like that but I wouldnt bank my whole fantasy season on it. Just look at the raiders game, he got tired from willing the team down all the way down the field and we had to put CJ in to give him a breather.

I hope he has an amazing season, I just wouldnt take a #1 pick who could be a committee RB

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
id like that but I wouldnt bank my whole fantasy season on it. Just look at the raiders game, he got tired from willing the team down all the way down the field and we had to put CJ in to give him a breather.

I hope he has an amazing season, I just wouldnt take a #1 pick who could be a committee RB

I think the team is made it pretty clear he's not going to be running back by committee he's the man… of Course is going to get breathers here and there but he's going to get the bulk of the load he's just too dangerous of a weapon ... JMO

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the team is made it pretty clear he's not going to be running back by committee he's the man… of Course is going to get breathers here and there but he's going to get the bulk of the load he's just too dangerous of a weapon ... JMO

That is the plan but if CJ has the hot hand, they will feed him I bet. We will see.

Either way, I expect a huge year from him, I just wouldnt take him with the top pick in the draft. I could be totally wrong, just how ill do it. I dont know what pick im having in my two leagues yet.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had him in my keeper league but dropped him as he wasn't killing it in the beginning of the season. :(

Had him in my keeper league along with Cam. People in the league decided after 10 years to do a reset. I dropped out of that league.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I would say that's worthy of a week ban but I think you punished yourself enough already.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I had a #1 or #2 pick I would for sure take a chance on him. Some people are talking about that he will be sharing the workload with CJ and AE because they don't want to wear him out. Plus, the offense is so strong that he will also have to share with everyone else, so it maybe too risky to get him that early. Screw that! I just laugh at people when they say that.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

I managed last year to have Palmer and Brady as my QBs in fantasy football and Brady sat on the bench for most of the season, Palmer was a beast and I actually am going to draft him first... Johnson is a stud but running backs still function by community too often :)

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not in a PPR league. There will be plenty of two back sets and he will catch a ton of passes. He had 34 receptions with 4 TD's last year. He will easily catch 50 passes this year and get at least 6 receiving TD's.

1000 rushing yards 11 rushing TD's
50 receptions 500 receiving yards and 6 TD's

That is my guess

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not in a PPR league. There will be plenty of two back sets and he will catch a ton of passes. He had 34 receptions with 4 TD's last year. He will easily catch 50 passes this year and get at least 6 receiving TD's.

1000 rushing yards 11 rushing TD's
50 receptions 500 receiving yards and 6 TD's

That is my guess
yeah i dont play PPR so thats part of my hesitation too.

Plus in the last two years I had the #1 and #2 picks and I took shady Mccoy for a bust year and then last year I took eddie lacy for another bust year.

I dont like being a top pick, would rather pick late and get two top 15 guys than one of them at the top.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Y
yeah i dont play PPR so thats part of my hesitation too.

Plus in the last two years I had the #1 and #2 picks and I took shady Mccoy for a bust year and then last year I took eddie lacy for another bust year.

I dont like being a top pick, would rather pick late and get two top 15 guys than one of them at the top.
You chose Eddie Lacy in the top 2???? Might wanna quit fantasy altogether bro :)

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

There is a reason he is being compared to Marshall faulk by Stump Mitchell, Arians, Keim and Tom Moore.

Was Faulk limited because the defense knew of his abilities? He had a pretty good bunch of receivers around him in st louis - but he was still the focal point of the offense.

I really cannot understand how cardinal fans on this board are underselling DJ compared to the average nfl fan who is ranking him as the best fantasy RB. Chris Johnson is not half the back DJ is, if you don't see that than I don't think you know what a good running back looks like.

One thing I am sure of, they are not going to make chris johnson, who is 30 pounds lighter and all around inferior, the goal line back. They will give him some carries - I predict 5 a game, maybe not even that many because ellington is better than him when heathly - but his carries will not be at the goal line.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is a reason he is being compared to Marshall faulk by Stump Mitchell, Arians, Keim and Tom Moore.

Was Faulk limited because the defense knew of his abilities? He had a pretty good bunch of receivers around him in st louis - but he was still the focal point of the offense.

I really cannot understand how cardinal fans on this board are underselling DJ compared to the average nfl fan who is ranking him as the best fantasy RB. Chris Johnson is not half the back DJ is, if you don't see that than I don't think you know what a good running back looks like.

One thing I am sure of, they are not going to make chris johnson, who is 30 pounds lighter and all around inferior, the goal line back. They will give him some carries - I predict 5 a game, maybe not even that many because ellington is better than him when heathly - but his carries will not be at the goal line.

I don't think Cards fans are underselling DJ as much as you are underselling CJ. DJ is obviously a beast and will rack up plenty of fantasy points this year but CJ is a very good RB. I predict 10 carries a game and when Juke can stay on the field for more games then not then we can truly discuss whether or not he is better than CJ.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard