Guardians of the Galaxy

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
do they just rumble with the bass or something?

The Dbox seats at the Ultrastar in scottsdale are freaking awesome. They rumble with the bass yes, but they also move with the action like a motion ride. It's slightly distracting for the first few minutes just cuz ya know, your seat is moving around, lol but once you get into it, it is a blast! You can select the level of movement or turn it off as well.

I highly recommend it! I have seen several movies there; Gravity, 300 rise of an empire and Thor 2. I will definitely see this one there too!

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Oh my God! It was sooooo good!!! Perfect casting! 3D visuals were awesome! Go see it now!!!! And stay thru the credits for The. Best. Cameo. Ever!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Fricking brilliant. Action comedy done to perfection. Can I have the sequel now? No? I guess I'll go watch this one again tomorrow night.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fricking brilliant. Action comedy done to perfection. Can I have the sequel now? No? I guess I'll go watch this one again tomorrow night.

did someone else take over Stout's account because I'm pretty sure in another thread he was ranting against those of us "subsumed" by Hollywood's remakes and sequels, screaming "MAKE A NEW EFFING MOVIE!!!" clamoring for a sequel here strikes me as strange coming from the guy who scolded others for being excited about the Mad Max sequel (which looks awesome).

Last edited:

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
did someone else take over Stout's account because I'm pretty sure in another thread he was ranting against those of us "subsumed" by Hollywood's remakes and sequels, screaming "MAKE A NEW EFFING MOVIE!!!" clamoring for a sequel here strikes me as strange coming from the guy who scolded others for being excited about the Mad Max sequel (which looks awesome).

Stout doesn't really have a philosophy or set values that he lives by other than; "Everyone should think exactly like me all the time or they are morons."

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Well, I certainly loved it. Definitely part of the conversation of best Marvel film so far. I'd say possibly top 3 with The Avengers and maybe Iron Man or Captain America 2.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
How are all these superheroes tied together Captain America Hulk X-MEN with
Guardians of the Galaxy

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Dbox seats at the Ultrastar in scottsdale are freaking awesome. They rumble with the bass yes, but they also move with the action like a motion ride. It's slightly distracting for the first few minutes just cuz ya know, your seat is moving around, lol but once you get into it, it is a blast! You can select the level of movement or turn it off as well.

I highly recommend it! I have seen several movies there; Gravity, 300 rise of an empire and Thor 2. I will definitely see this one there too!

Correct. It is so worth the extra 10 bucks.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
How are all these superheroes tied together Captain America Hulk X-MEN with
Guardians of the Galaxy

Thanos, the purple guy at end of The Avengers, is in this. And Thor's friends took something to the Collector (Benecio del Toro) at the end of Thor 2.

X-Men are not part of this shared universe because Fox owns the movie rights to them.

So the Quicksilver in the X-Men movie is not the same as the one in Avengers 2. Same in comics, but not movies, because both studios own the rights to him.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to see this today. Although a really good movie still not better than Avengers IMO. I am not even sure I liked it as much as the last Captain America. They are hard to compare though because this was more sci-fi and less hero movie. That's why it might not be entirely fair to compare.

In terms of some of things I didn't like....Rocket. Sorry, I was not familiar with the comic and thought the talking raccoon was stupid. The movie didn't change my mind one bit and the closeups of him (like screaming) seemed campy. It is a small nitpick though and didn't detract from my enjoyment of the movie one bit. The other thing was the STINGER after the credits for the most part was a throwaway scene. I would have loved to see a reveal type scene but instead we got a cameo. Most of the older folks knew who it was but almost universally the younger crowd didn't get it or know who it was.

The amount of humor was surprising but it fit within the context of the movie. CP was the perfect choice for Peter Quill. I loved how he kept making earth references and the scene at the end when he "challenged" Ronan was hilarious. The FX were outstanding and some of the scenes in 3D, especially the space scenes, were some of the coolest I have seen in 3D yet.

Looking forward to the sequel and even if you are not a big hero film fan...this is worth seeing if you are a sci-fi fan. It was simply a cool movie and a great way to cap off the summer movie run.

Last edited:

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Yeah, they touched on Rocket's backstory, which is pretty tragic actually. Wish they could have been a little more explicit in explaining just how much of a tortured soul he really is.

But, as I predicted, merchandising for this movie is taking off and the Raccoon is their number one license.

I was expecting less from Dave Bautista, and was totally surprised by his performance. Drax stole so many scenes and I did not expect that.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
A second viewing in two days, and it just got better. Knocked another one out of the park.

And y'all can stop being douches now. Seriously, acting like ***** behind keyboards is kind of lame.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A second viewing in two days, and it just got better. Knocked another one out of the park.

And y'all can stop being douches now. Seriously, acting like ***** behind keyboards is kind of lame.

Ya!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:biglaugh:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am with Darnell Dockett on this one. A raccoon shooting guns doesn't sound like my thing.

:raccoon:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So...it's okay for you to slam others for being excited about a sequel but when someone holds up a mirror showing that you did the same thing those people are the ones that are out of line? Lol...okay.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Most hypocritical post in ASFN history??? I vote yes.

It's cool for you to troll basically EVERY thread in the movies TV section and make smart ass comments, make fun of anyone who likes anything you dont and basically be a jerk to anyone who doesn't agree with you, but when your hypocrisy gets called out you are a victim?? Hilarious dude. I thought trolls had thicker skin than that.

Last edited: