Guardians of the Galaxy

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guardians of the Galaxy

First concept art for Guardians of the Galaxy and a release date.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a thinkin' this just might be a lot of fun.....

I take that back.....

This looks like it's going to be a funny, rock 'em sock 'em, special effects extravaganza, hoot of a movie!!! I...... AM...... STOKED!!!!!!

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Is it werid that green Zoe Saldana is kinda doing it for me?:thumbup:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am worried about this being ultra campy. Seriously, that would suck. There is supposed to be some continuity between the "verses". I think tone is important and where I am struggling with this is some ridiculous raccoon bouncing around the screen.

Although I admit out of all the properties I know the least about this one. Like for example how some humans are part of this "verse".

Last edited:

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
It's The Avengers...In Space!

RE: Continuity

In the comics, Zoe's character is the daughter of the purple guy (Thanos) who appeared mid-credits after the Avengers. And Benicio del Toro's character appeared at the end of Thor 2. So the events of this movie will likely feed into a big showdown in Avengers 3.

And I am going to predict that the Raccoon will be the biggest Halloween costume this year.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's The Avengers...In Space!

RE: Continuity

In the comics, Zoe's character is the daughter of the purple guy (Thanos) who appeared mid-credits after the Avengers. And Benicio del Toro's character appeared at the end of Thor 2. So the events of this movie will likely feed into a big showdown in Avengers 3.

And I am going to predict that the Raccoon will be the biggest Halloween costume this year.

So how are humans part of this intergalactic verse? In the Avengers universe it appears they have no idea humans are out that far. Even in THOR they don't appears to have any knowledge of that.

Also, no doubt the costume might be popular at Halloween. It appears to be a campy novelty. :D

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
So how are humans part of this intergalactic verse? In the Avengers universe it appears they have no idea humans are out that far. Even in THOR they don't appears to have any knowledge of that.

Also, no doubt the costume might be popular at Halloween. It appears to be a campy novelty. :D

Chris Pratt's character is a human (abducted?) from Earth.

The other humanoid characters may have origins from a planet called Xandar. Their species resembles humans, but they do not originate from here.

I think...

:D

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the comics, Zoe's character is the daughter of the purple guy (Thanos)

She is the last survivor of her race. Thanos adopted her and trained her as an assassin.

Chris Pratt's character is a human

Star-Lord is half human/half alien. His mother was human.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
something about this just says it's Marvel first real miss. not that I don't think it'll be good, but the action/space/comedy is a tough sell for general movie going audiences. Makes me think of a movie like Mystery Men for some reason and that movie (with stars) was a huge flop.

good to see Marvel taking some risks though. If they're going to be a behemoth in the movie world (and they already are), I want them to make movies like this and Ant-Man. If we're gonna get a buttload of comic book movies, let's at least see some out there stuff.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
something about this just says it's Marvel first real miss. not that I don't think it'll be good, but the action/space/comedy is a tough sell for general movie going audiences. Makes me think of a movie like Mystery Men for some reason and that movie (with stars) was a huge flop.

good to see Marvel taking some risks though. If they're going to be a behemoth in the movie world (and they already are), I want them to make movies like this and Ant-Man. If we're gonna get a buttload of comic book movies, let's at least see some out there stuff.

I don't mind risk but to me not every comic needs to be made into film nor does every comic translate into film. I personally think for example they should have left Ant Man alone but maybe I will change my mind.

This film doesn't have me excited one bit.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Doesn't Disney own marvel now? Lokl forward on seeing this. I didn't know Bradley copper and Vin diesel were in this. Well their voices at least.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson