Lebron Opts Out/Becomes Free Agent

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I don't know what to think. By this point everyone is expecting Cleveland, so if that's the decision, just announce it already.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice one, Tide. :D

Tide / ‏@tide

We can clean the dust off any uniform. #JustInCase

You must be registered for see images

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the heck??! Now ESPN is reporting LeBron hopped on a plane with Wade and headed back to Miami.

Holy #$@^ make a decision already.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lebron should pack up family and come to Phoenix... such are dreams.

Looks like Miami might be his choice after all. Anyway Cleveland appears to have suffered a setback.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It almost seems like LeBron and Melo are trying to string along Bosh and the rest of the league so they can team up in Miami like a bad wrestling script.

I'd love for Houston to withdraw their offer to Bosh so he is stuck on Miami. Also, it would never happen in a million years, but it would be so awesome if LeBron chose Cleveland and Gilbert responded that they weren't interested, forcing him to pathetically go back to Miami.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It almost seems like LeBron and Melo are trying to string along Bosh and the rest of the league so they can team up in Miami like a bad wrestling script.

I'd love for Houston to withdraw their offer to Bosh so he is stuck on Miami. Also, it would never happen in a million years, but it would be so awesome if LeBron chose Cleveland and Gilbert responded that they weren't interested, forcing him to pathetically go back to Miami.

I had not thought about it that way, but it is starting to feel staged at this point. As for the Cleveland part, that would be pretty funny, but Gilbert would have to reject him with a letter.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Also, it would never happen in a million years, but it would be so awesome if LeBron chose Cleveland and Gilbert responded that they weren't interested, forcing him to pathetically go back to Miami.

He could still come to Phoenix.

What I'd like to see is Bosh lose patience and take the Rockets offer. Then Miami's basically out because they can't come up with a supporting cast. James would probably have to go to Cleveland, but they would be winning by default.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If that is true how freaking awesome would that have been? It would be a stroke of genius on PR part. I just don't understand how LeBron could even consider going back there after that.

Evidently the Suns were never it but I think he should reconsider if he really wants to explore leaving Miami.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Suns still haven't said anything, and we still haven't done anything that would prevent us from getting Lebron.

Bledsoe is still on the backburner. Tucker hasn't signed yet. The guys we're looking at in FA can coexist with Lebron signing and/or be replacements for potential trades.

The media is running out of stories to push. Maybe they missed something?

I'm starting to think perhaps Lebron is trying to use Bosh to break up the big 3, and then he can choose whatever he wants in freedom. Lebron has plenty of time and can wait, he's going to get his no matter what.

Bosh will have to make a decision because Dallas signed Parsons. So Bosh can't wait. If Bosh wants to leave, Houston with Parsons is better then without. Also who says they wait on Bosh and risk losing both?

Can Bosh pass up Houston's offer to wait in limbo for Lebron? If not, then Lebron won't be seen as quite the bad guy if he leaves.

If it works out like this, Lebron should send something nice to Parsons.

With all the reports of Miami...no..Cleveland...no...; I'm not sure we're out of it.

They keep saying Cle vs Miami, but Lebron's camp isn't the one narrowing the list, the media is through guesses. I even wouldn't be surprised if there's more teams in the mix besides Phx, CLE, and Miami.

Or perhaps Lebron is playing Gilbert to come out and publicly humiliate himself by apologizing and groveling for Lebron. Which with Lebron's ego, I wouldn't rule out.

I haven't given up hope, it's quite clear ESPN and others in the media have been jumping the gun in regards to Lebron every step of the way.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
LeBron tells SI: "Who am I to hold a grudge?"

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow. Well at least he's realistic about the situation, with a tad bit of optimism. I can respect it.

Bosh now will probably go to Houston and Miami is blow'd up.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen