Harrison- No agent

Mark22

VBhoopcoach
Reaction score
Might be a dumb question but I haven’t seen it come up. My understanding is Marvin doesn’t have an agent yet. Because of that if he doesn’t like who drafts him, can he go back to OSU and re enter the draft in 2025?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might be a dumb question but I haven’t seen it come up. My understanding is Marvin doesn’t have an agent yet. Because of that if he doesn’t like who drafts him, can he go back to OSU and re enter the draft in 2025?
It would be so he can save the money on his contract that the agent's fees would dictate. Even if the fee is 3-4%, that could be a million dollars.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
NFL rookie contracts are slotted by draft position

there are some tweaks that can be negotiated, but you can pay a very experienced attorney to do that for you --at a cost of max $50k

last years no 4 pick, Anthony Richardson signed a 4 year deal worth $34mm, with a $21mm bonus

2% on the contract would be $680k vs the $50k above

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Once he declares he forgoes any remaining eligibility. It's not like college basketball, where if they declare but don't hire an agent by a specific date they can go back to school.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It would be so he can save the money on his contract that the agent's fees would dictate. Even if the fee is 3-4%, that could be a million dollars.

The fee is half of that.

Given that contracts are slotted, the main outstanding issue is the payment schedule.

MHJ can hire lawyers/accountants to help with this without entering into a formal agreement.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fee is half of that.

Given that contracts are slotted, the main outstanding issue is the payment schedule.

MHJ can hire lawyers/accountants to help with this without entering into a formal agreement.
Most agent fees are anywhere between 1.5 and 4%

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why pay 4 when you get the service at 2...
Because just like everything else, not all agents are the same. In this scenario with slotted salaries, sure. Having a better agent that charges a higher fee could get you a better contract than a different one for example.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Agents don't just work their slotted NFL contracts. There are other aspects, like outside marketing opportunities.
Depends on the agent. Some will do that as part of a larger agency. Some will have relationships with marketing sources that are referrals.

I imagine a lot of top prospects already have marketing relationships from NIL.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Depends on the agent. Some will do that as part of a larger agency. Some will have relationships with marketing sources that are referrals.

I imagine a lot of top prospects already have marketing relationships from NIL.
Less about the relationship and more about the negotiation of those contracts.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agents don't just work their slotted NFL contracts. There are other aspects, like outside marketing opportunities.
Trades, public relations, hell even some help manage finances. It definitely isn't a one size fits all.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Because just like everything else, not all agents are the same. In this scenario with slotted salaries, sure. Having a better agent that charges a higher fee could get you a better contract than a different one for example.

An agent on contract two, I can certainly see.

But you can buy legal, accounting and negotiation support without getting into a long-term agreement.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson