Which is the most memorable play in Cardinals' history?

Which is the most memorable play in Cardinals' history?

• Total voters

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Didn't look at the article yet but for me it has to be the bomb to Floyd against Seattle after Palmer threw INTs all game long.

(Edit: wait are we talking history or last year?)

(Edit squared: if we're talking all time it has to be the Warner pick in the end zone to end the half in the SB. That was pretty memorable unfortunately)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Yeah, they seem to be choosing "positive" memorable moments.

Just mentioning that INT made me shudder. Thanks for that. LOL.

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Warner to Fitz touchdown will win in a landslide on espn, but I'm wondering if it might be closer here.

Most non-Cardinal fans probably won't remember how important that Hightower play was or how insane that Packer game was.

Curious to see how the poll results compare. :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's got to be Warner-Fitz or Dansby's walk-off wild-card winner.

if only our D didn't completely crap the bed on that final Steelers drive. That Fitz play would have been run at the beginning of every big game when they show highlights...instead of that FREAKING Santonio touchdown.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to go with the Fitz TD even though the game broke my heart.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to go with the Fitz TD even though the game broke my heart.

Yeah, I narrowly chose that one over the Dansby TD. Kind of surprised the 3rd choice was not the Hightower TD in the NFC Championship.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are many. I still love Jay Feely's run for a TD off the fake FG.

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
I will always remember Larry Centers hurdle a Dallas Cowboys player on his way to the end zone.

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I will always remember Larry Centers hurdle a Dallas Cowboys player on his way to the end zone.

That was the first .gif file I ever downloaded from the web. :santa:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

He didn't score a TD, he got a first down. The only TD scored that game was by Aeneas.

Christmas 1995.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This play is on the top of my list.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All the ones you listed in your poll happened during a 2 year period. Many more happened through out Cardinal history. Here are a couple.

1)The controversial Mel Gray TD to beat the Redskins at Busch Stadium.
2) Roy Green returning a Kick off 108 yrds against the Cowgirls.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the ones you listed in your poll happened during a 2 year period. Many more happened through out Cardinal history. Here are a couple.

1)The controversial Mel Gray TD to beat the Redskins at Busch Stadium.
2) Roy Green returning a Kick off 108 yrds against the Cowgirls.

Lomax to Green with :03 left to beat the Niners in 1988.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i thought warner to fitz was a no brainer, it showed that way on espn yesterday and looks that way here too. That whole playoff run the main things that stck out to me are warner to fitz, especially fitz running after that bomb. That is easily the most memorable cardinals play I have ever seen.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i voted the packer game play but there are many.

As for most memorable game for me it was one I didn't actually see, the comeback win against the Rams in the 70's.

Back then there was no way to see games out of area so you watched the postgame shows for the scores.

IIRC the score was Rams 28 Cards 20 and that was the score through the entire post game show but it wasnt' a final. They went to commercial did one more highlight and then suddenly the score visible behind them looked different. And sure enough they came on because they couldn't show highlights until the game ended, and the Cards had won 30-28. I think we scored 10 in last 90 seconds or something I looked it up a TD pass to JV Cain and then a Bakken FG. didn't have time or details on it though. 1976.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The most memorable game for me was pasting the Cowboys 38-0 in Dallas in 1970 on Monday Night Football. Dandy Don Meredith sang "Turn off the Lights, the Party's Over" early in the 4th quarter. That was our 3rd straight shutout: 44-0, 31-0, 38-0. The next week we tied a very good KC team on the road 6-6, so our D didn't give up a TD in 4 games!! We lost a heartbreaker 28-27 game on the road to Skins in the season finale to finish 8-5-1 & missed the playoffs. Cowpukes went on to win the SB, even though we beat them twice that year!!!

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lomax to Green with :03 left to beat the Niners in 1988.

I was at that game end zone seats. Wins for me hands down.

As for the choices I'll have me some Dansby, as it was so final. Based on the situation it was like "okay deep breath, here we go" then just bam it was over in a flash and left me stunned. I didn't even move for 30 seconds. Dang, I couldn't bring myself to believe what I just witnessed.

On the fitz td I was excited but as a long time card fan, I immediately looked at the time left and said there is too much time left on the clock dampening my outlook on the play. Just sayin...

Seandonic

Gotta love that Cardinal red!
Reaction score
Sadly it is the Fitz TD from the Super Bowl. For about five seconds I thought the game was won. Too bad. Hopefully there will be many more memorable moments to choose from in the future.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
it's got to be Warner-Fitz or Dansby's walk-off wild-card winner.

if only our D didn't completely crap the bed on that final Steelers drive. That Fitz play would have been run at the beginning of every big game when they show highlights...instead of that FREAKING Santonio touchdown.

The second Fitz crossed the goal line I looked at the time on the clock and said out loud, "We're screwed."

LDL

Veteran
Reaction score
Wildcard game, 2009 season... All of it...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort