Which is the most memorable play in Cardinals' history?

Which is the most memorable play in Cardinals' history?

• Total voters

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
One of my favorites for sure. Loved that ending !!

Didn't go back to my South Endzone seat after the halftime meet...watched it (with mdamien13 and my cousin) from the North Endzone seats which no longer exist. We were right above all the 4th quarter action. :D

We had so much fun at that game, we were sitting right on the goal line and nate caught that ball right in front of us. There was a dude sitting in front of my wife, and he was telling her we were stupid to fly down from Wi to see the cards (which I didnt know or we might have had words). After that catch my wife was poking that dude in the chest saying "whose stupid now dude?" It was funny she was in rare form that day.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I too believe it was a catch. I see the facemask on rodgers as a total "play on" situation. Ball was already out of his hands, that's not what caused him to fumble. Not even sure if that would have given them posession because the turnover had already occurred.

That game is not as great of a memory for me because it just got so ridiculous at the end, nobody could stop anyone it was just a score fest with no defense until that play and then even that play wasn't just a clean defensive play it had the controversy, dont get me wrong I loved that we won but when I think about that game I dont really think of it fondly. I mostly just remember being so pissed that our defense couldn't stop them once in the second half and we blew an enormous lead, again... So frustrating.

I feel that way about the Nate Poole catch. It was cool and everything but I'm not going to remember a meaningless play (meaningless for us) to end a horrible season as one of my best memories just because it screwed the Vikings. Now if we had screwed the Niners or the Cowboys, that woulda been sweet.

I think it's the same with any of our big plays though. We had awful play that made that big play so important. But I may have been more into that play because I was there. In that endzone, about 12 rows up. Was amazing seeing in person. Another couple honorable mentions too are the flip over DWash for a TD and the Floyd catch to beat take a win from SEA at home in 2 years

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about Tim Hightowers screen pass to beat the Eagles to win the NFC Championship that put us in the Super Bowl?

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I remember Larry Centers digging for yards, as Buddy Ryan walked off the field before the game ended.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I too believe it was a catch. I see the facemask on rodgers as a total "play on" situation. Ball was already out of his hands, that's not what caused him to fumble. Not even sure if that would have given them posession because the turnover had already occurred.

That game is not as great of a memory for me because it just got so ridiculous at the end, nobody could stop anyone it was just a score fest with no defense until that play and then even that play wasn't just a clean defensive play it had the controversy, dont get me wrong I loved that we won but when I think about that game I dont really think of it fondly. I mostly just remember being so pissed that our defense couldn't stop them once in the second half and we blew an enormous lead, again... So frustrating.

Bert, were you lucky enough to be in the stadium at the end of the Packers game? I only ask because I can't imagine anyone who felt the bolt of lightning hit that place when Dansby scored saying they remember much of anything but the absolute pandemonium overtaking that place on that last play. It was an INSANE game, but that play was probably the most ludicrous walk off ending to any Cards game I've ever seen live in person. Do or die, the D couldn't get a break and we move on to the next round in the blink of an eye. I can't imagine that could be topped for anyone in that stadium if only for the sheer electricity of the moment.

I wish I could find that youtube link of the play live in the stadium taken from the upper deck. The four levels of screaming, starting with people screaming their heads off before the snap...screaming louder after the snap...going to ANOTHER level when we got to Rodgers and the LUDICROUS SPEED screams when everyone realized Dansby had the ball and was running into the endzone were amazing.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Bert, were you lucky enough to be in the stadium at the end of the Packers game? I only ask because I can't imagine anyone who felt the bolt of lightning hit that place when Dansby scored saying they remember much of anything but the absolute pandemonium overtaking that place on that last play. It was an INSANE game, but that play was probably the most ludicrous walk off ending to any Cards game I've ever seen live in person. Do or die, the D couldn't get a break and we move on to the next round in the blink of an eye. I can't imagine that could be topped for anyone in that stadium if only for the sheer electricity of the moment.

I wish I could find that youtube link of the play live in the stadium taken from the upper deck. The four levels of screaming, starting with people screaming their heads off before the snap...screaming louder after the snap...going to ANOTHER level when we got to Rodgers and the LUDICROUS SPEED screams when everyone realized Dansby had the ball and was running into the endzone were amazing.

How true, We were there and it was an awesome end. My wife and I traveled to Phoenix with a good friend of mine a Packer fan of course. All the way there we told each other one of us is flying home mad, and lucky for me it was him.
Remember all of the plays that could have ended that game earlier. The missed FG at the end of regulation and the bomb from Rodgers that was dropped right before the sack.

When we landed in Madison in full Cardinals gear, of course, no less than 10 people made mention of the alledged face mask that wasn't called. I just told them alll I love it when Packer fans are complaining, because it means they LOST!!!!