Game of Thrones (HBO)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Love how they're portraying little Robin :D

I'm not a fan of what they've done up North but, since they screwed it up already, I feel they dealt with their screw up rather well :D

An excellent episode, I felt, on all counts.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love how they're portraying little Robin :D

I'm not a fan of what they've done up North but, since they screwed it up already, I feel they dealt with their screw up rather well :D

An excellent episode, I felt, on all counts.

It's all good for me since I have not read them. I will once the series is over. Just give me some special "new" things to look forward too when I read them.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
It's all good for me since I have not read them. I will once the series is over. Just give me some special "new" things to look forward too when I read them.

Same. I just finished the first book and am onto the second. By the time the season is over, it'll be time for me to read books 4 and 5.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way, next week's episode looks pretty damn good!

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I like the way they handled the issue in the North. I love how they made Locke a little bit more than just the guy who chopped off Jamie's hand.

I thought Lysa's exposition was a little too obvious (not the content, which was awesome, just the delivery). She might as well have been Frank Underwood looking right into the camera when she delivered her big reveal.

Cersei's scenes were good. You can almost feel empathy for her, which is a tribute to Lena Headey's portrayal.

And we have two mismatched duo's on the road to provide some awesome banter (Arya/Hound, Brienne/Pod).

What could anyone complain about in this episode? #facesword

Stout

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Bwahahahah! Awesome!

Same. I just finished the first book and am onto the second. By the time the season is over, it'll be time for me to read books 4 and 5.

I'll be ready for a lot of swearing after the season, then. Some really frustrated swearing, nothing to do with the normal shocking stuff :D

I like the way they handled the issue in the North. I love how they made Locke a little bit more than just the guy who chopped off Jamie's hand.

I thought Lysa's exposition was a little too obvious (not the content, which was awesome, just the delivery). She might as well have been Frank Underwood looking right into the camera when she delivered her big reveal.

Cersei's scenes were good. You can almost feel empathy for her, which is a tribute to Lena Headey's portrayal.

And we have two mismatched duo's on the road to provide some awesome banter (Arya/Hound, Brienne/Pod).

What could anyone complain about in this episode? #facesword

Oh man, how could I have forgotten about the Brienne/Pod stuff? Absolutely classic stuff. Loving that they're making Pod like he was in the books, even though I still love what they did with him earlier.

Yeah, this episode was pretty damn awesome.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jon Snow's sword through the mouth kill raised him a couple notches in my book.

really good episode.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jon Snow's sword through the mouth kill raised him a couple notches in my book.

really good episode.

HA! I have seriously been waiting for his character to stop being everyone's bitch. That was awesome.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I'll be ready for a lot of swearing after the season, then. Some really frustrated swearing, nothing to do with the normal shocking stuff :D

See, I'm more frustrated about Book 1 being frame-by-frame the same damn story as the show. I'm looking forward to the change. Makes it like following two series with the same awesome premise.

Stout

Reaction score
See, I'm more frustrated about Book 1 being frame-by-frame the same damn story as the show. I'm looking forward to the change. Makes it like following two series with the same awesome premise.

No, I mean the books themselves, not any differences from the show. Without giving away any spoilers, fans had some big, big problems with the narratives in book 4 and the first half of book 5.

cardfaninfl

Demographically significant
Reaction score
Mycroft Holmes looked good in a beard. This episode had season 1 level of enjoyable dialogue and surprises.

Stout

Reaction score
Mycroft Holmes looked good in a beard. This episode had season 1 level of enjoyable dialogue and surprises.

Great episode, no doubt. This season is really, really frustrating me, though. About 3/4 of it is awesome and just as good as the last three seasons. The other 1/4 is eye-rolling bad, stupid writing, and just frustrating. What in the heck are they doing up north? I mean, changing stuff around was bad enough, but the gaping plot holes are ruining it. REALLY ruining it for me.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, I mean the books themselves, not any differences from the show. Without giving away any spoilers, fans had some big, big problems with the narratives in book 4 and the first half of book 5.

I read 25% of book 4. It was so bad I googled chapter summaries and confirmed I didn't care enough to read whole book. Movin to 5.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I read 25% of book 4. It was so bad I googled chapter summaries and confirmed I didn't care enough to read whole book. Movin to 5.

I was frustrated with 4 because it deviated from well-established characters and introduced so many new ones that I couldn't wait to get through them and back to the Stark/Lannister/Targaryen sagas. After reading book 5, I went back and re-read book 4. Without impatience hanging over my reading, I enjoyed it much more. It is a good read on its own. It is just maddening in terms of its place in the overall saga structure.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too much Cersei and boring Iron types. The Cersei is character seems so sexist I can't take it. I think I am losing interest all together.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I really hope they crank up the number of scenes at the wall for the rest of the season. Only 4 episodes left and they still have a lot of story left to tell up there.

Stout

Reaction score

Your loss. It's great material--just not the material you expected. Yes, he made a grievous error with books 4 and 5--should have had everything together and cut it to end book 4. His editor/publisher should be beheaded for allowing it. Great stuff in there, though, just not a lot of flash.

I really hope they crank up the number of scenes at the wall for the rest of the season. Only 4 episodes left and they still have a lot of story left to tell up there.

They have no choice but to. The writers have suddenly turned into drooling idiots on the northern story lines. What have Tormund and the Magnar been doing all these weeks, taking turns hitting Ygritte?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever. I think the writing at its best is just fair anyway.

And I can barely get past all the rape and the stupid spelling of sir as ser.

And feel free to stop telling me what secondary characters are wearing.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too much Cersei and boring Iron types. The Cersei is character seems so sexist I can't take it. I think I am losing interest all together.

Thats pretty much you with just about anything isn't it?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peter Dinklage has been simply awesome this season. In many ways it feels like a Peter Dinklage season. Not because the other aspects of the stories are not being covered but because I find myself each episode wanting them to swith to that part of the story so I can see what happens next.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort