Game of Thrones (HBO)

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
I really hope they crank up the number of scenes at the wall for the rest of the season. Only 4 episodes left and they still have a lot of story left to tell up there.
I'm guessing that they are bundling the wall scenes together in next season. There's no way that fit the wall, Mance, Jon etc. story in this season.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Peter Dinklage has been simply awesome this season. In many ways it feels like a Peter Dinklage season. Not because the other aspects of the stories are not being covered but because I find myself each episode wanting them to swith to that part of the story so I can see what happens next.

Well book 3 has a few interesting story lines and it looks like season 3 is completely built around the Lannister storyline with sprinkles of the other but it looks like the storyline in the north is saved for season 4 I assume since there is some filler stuff happening instead.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm guessing that they are bundling the wall scenes together in next season. There's no way that fit the wall, Mance, Jon etc. story in this season.

That would be incredibly, inexplicably stupid.

Well book 3 has a few interesting story lines and it looks like season 3 is completely built around the Lannister storyline with sprinkles of the other but it looks like the storyline in the north is saved for season 4 I assume since there is some filler stuff happening instead.

If they're such complete morons as to not deal with the wall stuff this season, I would be tempted, mightily tempted, to be out on this show. How frickin' insane is that? How awful does it have to be for me, ME, to start getting to that level of frustration? Argh.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Thankfully, after some quick research, it appears as if those fears are unfounded. Whew!

Yep. I think the extended season trailer showed some of those scenes from the North, so I figured we'd get them around Episode 9, like most the big ones on this show.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I am not saying I don't care about the other parts of the story (like the Wall). I am simply saying, I find myself wanting them to switch back after a few minutes of dialogue about one of the other stories that's all. PD his hitting it out of the park this season IMO.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great episode.

My only gripe is the new guy they chose to play The Mountain is a total cheeseball. Horrible casting.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oberyn, Jaime and Bron scenes with Tyrion were fantastic.

saw the end coming from a mile away, but still satisfying nonetheless.

it's just a ridiculously impressive show.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oberyn, Jaime and Bron scenes with Tyrion were fantastic.

saw the end coming from a mile away, but still satisfying nonetheless.

it's just a ridiculously impressive show.

Even my wife who has never seen an episode and just happened to walk in on the last scene called what was going to happen. It couldn't have been more obvious.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even my wife who has never seen an episode and just happened to walk in on the last scene called what was going to happen. It couldn't have been more obvious.

yeah, that was a Chekov's Gun Moment if I ever saw it. They had alluded to the moon tower too many times and you knew Sansa wasn't going down there. The second I saw her standing there she was a goner.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
3 episodes left and three really, really big moments left to see from the third book.

The Viper and the Mountain fight, the stuff up at the Wall, and Tyrion's big moment.

The title of the next episode ensures that we will get one of those. And rumor is that there will not be a decompressing episode after #9 like in previous seasons. Apparently #10 is just as big as #9. So I think we get Book 3 wrapped up neatly at the end of this season and then forge ahead with a hybrid of Books 4 and 5 for the next 2 seasons.

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Think this season will end with Tyrion

stuff at the Wall will end in massive cliffhanger
arya will end in a cliffhanger

Might not even have enough time for Daenerys her Dragons

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, that was a Chekov's Gun Moment if I ever saw it. They had alluded to the moon tower too many times and you knew Sansa wasn't going down there. The second I saw her standing there she was a goner.

As soon as Petyr approached her I knew she was a goner as well. I pictured her wearing a RED shirt on an episode of Star Trek. It didn't really ruin it for me though because her character annoyed me to no end. LOL.

When Sansa bitched slapped her son...that was AWESOME TOO.

I thought the better twist was Oberyn and Tyrion's scene. I kept thinking he was going to try and kill him or gloat. It wasn't until the end of the speech I realized what he was going to do. I knew he had an agenda I just hadn't figured out how it would play out just yet.

I was like HELL YEAH!

You are right...no show deserves to be this damn good. Seriously, even when the show has OK moments they are really well done OK moments that usually lead to something better in the next episode.

Only 3 left?!!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

P.S. If I have one major complaint.....they teased the hell out of us with the White Walkers and I have no clue how they are going to get back to it with only 3 episodes left. If we don't get some significant White Walker time and some more information around them...it will piss me off a bit.

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
P.S. If I have one major complaint.....they teased the hell out of us with the White Walkers and I have no clue how they are going to get back to it with only 3 episodes left. If we don't get some significant White Walker time and some more information around them...it will piss me off a bit.

Don't hold your breath. We've already seen more about the white walkers than has been revealed in all of the first 5 books. Doubt you will see a white walker in the remaining episodes.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 episodes left and three really, really big moments left to see from the third book.

I just can't see them squeezing everything into three episodes. I agree with slin that there will be a huge cliff hanger that will force us to wait a year to find out what the outcome is.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As soon as Petyr approached her I knew she was a goner as well. I pictured her wearing a RED shirt on an episode of Star Trek. It didn't really ruin it for me though because her character annoyed me to no end. LOL.

When Sansa bitched slapped her son...that was AWESOME TOO.

I thought the better twist was Oberyn and Tyrion's scene. I kept thinking he was going to try and kill him or gloat. It wasn't until the end of the speech I realized what he was going to do. I knew he had an agenda I just hadn't figured out how it would play out just yet.

once he walked in the room, I knew that's why he was there, but the scene was still electric.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't hold your breath. We've already seen more about the white walkers than has been revealed in all of the first 5 books. Doubt you will see a white walker in the remaining episodes.

Really what a freaking tease. You see them marching at the end of last season. I guess they are really really really slow. Now you see them making more of them via the babies. UGH. How frustrating.

Oh well....if I get some battle at the White Wall I guess that will have to do.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I don't know about the cliffhanger being up North, just because of practical reasons. That has to be an expensive shoot. If they break it up, that'll cut into next season's budget. But maybe I am overthinking it. Maybe at this point, HBO execs are begging the producers to just take their money.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Isnt this as bad as a spoiler? People might like the suspense even if in the end they dont get the payoff.

I've read the books and have largely avoided commenting here even though I LOVE the show because I think I'd find it hard to avoid revealing things. I'd let the people who dont know whats coming to enjoy it without being told what is or what is not coming up.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isnt this as bad as a spoiler? People might like the suspense even if in the end they dont get the payoff.

I've read the books and have largely avoided commenting here even though I LOVE the show because I think I'd find it hard to avoid revealing things. I'd let the people who dont know whats coming to enjoy it without being told what is or what is not coming up.

I haven't read the books, but I didn't take it as a spoiler. I pretty much assumed the larger story of the white walkers is the end game of the entire story and with the way they keep throwing a tease every six episodes or so, wasn't expecting to see much more of them this season anyway.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You should read the books cheese. The writing is amazing. All of those scense in Tyrion's cell were word for word from the books, as was Lysa's trip through the moon door.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should read the books cheese. The writing is amazing. All of those scense in Tyrion's cell were word for word from the books, as was Lysa's trip through the moon door.

those were such well written scenes.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score

Didn't think it was a spoiler because they've deviated enough from the books that they may save something for next season. And we all can safely assume the series isn't close to fine with big moments. But sorry if I did spoil. I honestly didn't mean to and thought I was not ruining anything.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn