Who is your most frustrating player in Cardinal history...

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
No, I did not post this as a poll because there are unfortunately way too many to choose from but who is the one player which frustrated you the most that the Cardinals had acquired... be it draft or free agency. By frustrating I mean not only a disappointment but the player themselves just made you roll your eyes with disgust. I personally would not post Wadsworth because he did play hard and had a what I thought was a unfortunate injury. I would not list Heap because I did not think he had anything left in the tank. As far as Kolb, I was already in so much QB limbo after Warner it was hard to get too upset. For me it was freaking Duane Starks. He made Tom Knight look like an iron man and we all know how often injured Tommy was. Duane was the big salary guy who seemed to get sidelined by a cracked fingernail. He was suppose to be this shutdown or at least elite corner and, well you know lol

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
So many options, so little time.

Leinart, Levi, Leonard Davis from the newer era. I'll have to think about pre-2006 players.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Freddie Jones. I thought that guy was going to be a star when we got him from San Diego at the same time we were integrating a WCO under Marc Trestman with Plummer under center.

For a guy the Cards drafted? I don't know. I really wanted OLB LeVar Fisher to be good, and he couldn't stay healthy.

If people don't end up saying KVB, Marcel Shipp, and Alex Stepanovich, they're GD liars.

I expect that Russ might cop to Dennis Johnson (I think that was the kid who was playing varisty high school football at like 13

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Levi not only because of who he was, but because of who he wasn't...and because as opposed to the other guys people have mentioned, we had to to be reminded of both his awful play and what was passed upon for a very long time.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I had such high hopes for Garrison Hearst. :(

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Leinart because he was a QB, someone whom the team put as its "new face" of the franchise & depended on for great play for 10+ years, especially after a solid rookie season that ended with injury.

I still believe his 2 shoulders injuries killed his confidence in himself & watching Warner return to prominence in the last half of 2007. After that season, he was still given a shot & was sooooo scared to make a mistake passing the ball that he became "check down Matty". #7 never was never a check down QB til that happened!!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jake Plummer. Because he got paid a ton of money and then went to Denver and ripped the teams offseason workouts, later to admit he never actually attended them he was just going off hearsay. We then later heard how Shanahan had to teach Jake how to watch film because with the Cards he'd never really done it.

Jake admitted he spent his summers hosting foosball tournaments.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Leinart because he was a QB, someone whom the team put as its "new face" of the franchise & depended on for great play for 10+ years, especially after a solid rookie season that ended with injury.

I still believe his 2 shoulders injuries killed his confidence in himself & watching Warner return to prominence in the last half of 2007. After that season, he was still given a shot & was sooooo scared to make a mistake passing the ball that he became "check down Matty". #7 never was never a check down QB til that happened!!

But Bucky, you also had such high hopes for Leeland McElroy lol

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Levi not only because of who he was, but because of who he wasn't...and because as opposed to the other guys people have mentioned, we had to to be reminded of both his awful play and what was passed upon for a very long time.

Should have never drafted that guy!!! :bang:
Thanks human snail :bang:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Freddie Jones. I thought that guy was going to be a star when we got him from San Diego at the same time we were integrating a WCO under Marc Trestman with Plummer under center.

For a guy the Cards drafted? I don't know. I really wanted OLB LeVar Fisher to be good, and he couldn't stay healthy.

If people don't end up saying KVB, Marcel Shipp, and Alex Stepanovich, they're GD liars.

I expect that Russ might cop to Dennis Johnson (I think that was the kid who was playing varisty high school football at like 13

yeah Johnson seemed to be too talented to be such a mediocre player.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Draft - Wendell Bryant.

That is a good one...too many to mention really but here are two that haven't been mentioned yet:

Andre Wadsworth (oh so close to Peyton Manning)
Levi Brown (should have taken AP)

Matt Leinart has to be #1.

Leland Mcelroy was terrible because not only did we get a bad RB, we cut Garrison Hearst to sign him.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I had such high hopes for Garrison Hearst. :(

This was my main one also. Guy played better after two knee surgeries than he did when he was with us.

Plummer is my other vote. Guy had so much potential and looked all pro sometimes but he remained inconsistently interesting throughout his career. It's like you knew he couldn't win the big one but he may pull a game out of his ass to get you there.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easily Matt Leinart

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn