Who is your most frustrating player in Cardinal history...

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Early Doucet was another for me. He show flashes of brilliance and then not be heard from again for weeks on in. Injuries played a big part in his career too.

Let's not forget his effort against Cincy where he spoiled a big comeback by tripping over, well, air, while being wide open in the endzone.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was a replacement for ..... Steve Little.... a kicker who the Cardinals took in the..... FIRST ROUND!!!

Oh these young ones know nothing of frustration.

I say again, one of the best moments ever was watching ESPN's fledgling draft coverage back when they still had binders and watching them dig furiously through them trying to find the guy the Cardinals just drafted.

Someone probably remembers who it was I've forgotten, I keep wanting to say it was Swan but I don't think so.

No matter the important thing is those days are thankfully history.

Bolded part made me lol because it's true. Drafting a kicker in rd 1, who else besides Al Davis does that?

Yeah it wasn't Swan because he was know for not going to college and playing in some kind of pro league.

Could it have been Pisakarwitz sp?

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you referring to the MNF meltdown against the Bears? You're actually going to blame the defense for that? They gave up 3 points in that game. The other 21 came from 2 fumbles returned for TD's(1 from Leinart and 1 from Edge) and a Devin Hester punt return. I don't even blame Rackers for that. He should have never been in that position in the first place not to mention it's pretty weak to blame the kicker for 11 losses.

I fully blame Denny Green for that loss. Totally turtled and took the ball out of Leinarts hands so the Bears D was all over Edge who ended up fumbling on a run that should have been whistled dead 5 seconds before the ball came out. Then ML does drive us into FG position when given a chance.

Yep ST's gave up a big play and then Rackers does choke, don't care if we "shouldn't have been in the position" fact is we were and the dude has one job, kick a football.

To be clear, Matty toast is probably my biggest frustration player per the OP.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Leonard Davis a human turnstile? Whoever wrote that must have missed the games he played. Simeon Rice had 51 sacks in his 5 seasons in the AZ. Wouldn't we love to have a pass rusher like him now. His attitude sure sucked though.

Agreed.

Two worst moves in Arizona Cardinal history: Letting Leonard Davis leave as a free agent and then passing on Adrian Peterson to draft Leonard Davis. Even gave that bum Brown the same #. And trading for Kevin Kolb and paying that lack of talent $17 million.

I gotta agree with this as well. BIG struggled at LT at times but he was a dominant OG. I don't think Kolb lacked talent but simply couldn't stay healthy. If he could have stayed on the field we would have made the playoffs in 2012 IMO.

Most frustrating Cardinal of all time? Bill Bidwill. How he let guys like George Boone and Rod Graves manage his business is truly amazing.

YES YES YES YES.

Not just RG and Boone but firing Coryell as well. Throw in his refusal to enter the modern NFL and keeping his antiquated way of doing business. He was like one of two or three owners who voted against instant replay challenges. Seriously dude, do you not see how often your team gets screwed on bad calls and you don't want a chance to fix that. :doi:

Last edited:

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is Andre Wadsworth for me though I get the Leinart arguements. My thought is Wadsworth was the sure thing. He was Jadeveon Clowney, the can't miss pick, and he got hurt. It wasn't an attitude thing, a talent issue or a legal issue. Wadsworth just got an injury that pretty much ended his career despite his freakish athletic ability. That is most frustrating to me because it was out of anyone's control.

Just plain bad luck which is very frustrating.

Leinart just wasn't as good as he was projected to be and didn't seem to work hard enough to overcome that difference. That is poor scouting in my mind, and while it sucks, I can at least wrap my head around it and see how the mistake was made.

I guess bad scouting in that we should have taken Cutler instead.

i can't put Wads on my list simply because he didn't frustrate me...he just saddened me. I too thought he was going to be the next Bruce Smith. Just an outright terror at DE that was going to make our D-line one of the best ever. I mean, can you imagine if he had actually stayed healthy and you had both him and Rice coming off the edge, with Swann in the middle blowing stuff up? They had the makings of the best D-line of all time, but Dr. Steadman saw to it that that never happened.

Yeah, that is the truth right there, very frustrating.

He is disappointing for me because even when we did everything right, it still didn't work out for the Cardinals. We finally beat incompetence and lose to plain old bad luck.

not only that, but by trading down from the number 2 pick, we also got the Chargers #1 pick the next year which was top ten and netted us David Boston, who looked like a monster in the making and ended up being a disaster.

Both Wadsworth and Boston should have been superstars and ended up being a big bowl of nada.

And on top of that we got the Chargers 2nd rd pick as well and Anthony Clement is our pick. Some bash him but he was very good until he hurt his back and was never the same again.

So Wads gets injured and is never the same. Boston could have been the best WR ever and loses his mind. Clement also gets injured and is never the same.

Talk about being snake bit and to Choppers point, Furgy did everything right and it basically all just blew up due to bad luck.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Not just RG and Boone but firing Coryell as well. Throw in his refusal to enter the modern NFL and keeping his antiquated way of doing business

This is really evidenced by how the franchise struggled once free agency started.

From 1960-1985 with the reserve clause the Cardinals had 11 winning seasons and never went more than 5 years between winners.

From 1989 to 2013 the Cardinals had 4. And two stretches of 10 years between winners!

The way the Cards handled free agency was extremely frustrating.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Big Red is by far my most frustrating Cardinal.....

as it turns out, he has the innate ability to remove a players prowess, skills, and physical abilities just by being on the side of their helmet.