Of the 6 current NFC Play-off Teams

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona has played 5 of them, losing to SEA, SF and NO, beating Detroit and Carolina.

Only team we haven't played in the NFC is Dallas, who has a worse record than the Cards.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it means anything - we did play and beat the Cowboys in the preseason...

Packers and Broncos too. :D

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
There's 5 non division leading teams at 6-3 or 5-4 right now. Panthers beating SF didn't help us any. But there's a lot of football left.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
There's 5 non division leading teams at 6-3 or 5-4 right now. Panthers beating SF didn't help us any. But there's a lot of football left.

I dont agree with this. SF loses next week in NO and we win (highly likley IMO) we are tied withthem with 6 games left and a head to head at home. All the losses to anyone in the NFC not names Seahawks or Saints is a GREAT thing.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont agree with this. SF loses next week in NO and we win (highly likley IMO) we are tied withthem with 6 games left and a head to head at home. All the losses to anyone in the NFC not names Seahawks or Saints is a GREAT thing.

in divison record will matter if tied, we gotta win some of them, currently 0-3

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Some people are "glass half full" and others are "glass was poisoned with ricin from my stevia". ;)

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

I'm thinking its more likely that the Cards could match the Panthers record than SF or beat the 49ers in SF even if they have lost 2 there this season. So we'd have to be a game up on them in week 17 but we hold the tiebreaker with Carolina.

Of course now the Bears and Packers are also at 5-4.

Oh hell just win 'em all and it won't matter.

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
Of course now the Bears and Packers are also at 5-4.

And both are teams with QB situations that aren't looking too good over the next few weeks.

So here we are, in November and the Cardinals are above .500 in the middle of the NFC Playoff race. Gotta love it!!!!

Go Cardinals!
-Tim

@SheriffK9NJ

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
WE HAVE TO BEAT SOMEONE IN OUR DIVISION...we have to beat more than one team in our division to make the playoffs. The division decides your faith. It would have to be our luck, leave the NFC East which was once a powerful division and find ourselves in the power division of the NFC again and the East now is one over hyped mediocre group ...with only Michael Irvin spewing over his Cowboys lost in the past, like the East means anything to anyone anymore

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
WE HAVE TO BEAT SOMEONE IN OUR DIVISION...we have to beat more than one team in our division to make the playoffs.

I'm thinking this is dead on Jetstream, unless they win the 4 of the next 5. IMO the Cards don't match up well against the Hawks or Niners physically enough to win 1 of those games. Winning 9 games might still not be enough, thus I think your logic is fair & quite true!

As we know looking ahead gets teams in trouble, so I really rather to take 1 game at a time cause I still think we're a longshot to make the playoffs giving the inconsistencies of the O & there TOs that come in bad times.

Last edited:

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm with JetGreen, we have to beat the Rams and then either the 9ers or Hawks. We do have a shot at the 9ers at home.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Arizona has played 5 of them, losing to SEA, SF and NO, beating Detroit and Carolina.

Only team we haven't played in the NFC is Dallas, who has a worse record than the Cards.

Excellent point Jon.

And considering that we played well in San Fran, I think if people look at the big picture and our schedule the Cards are a bit of a dark horse at this point.

I like it. :)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can we get this as a smiley?

:heisenberg:

You must be registered for see images

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's not rocket science , we need (us wins ------ them losses) to get us to the playoffs . The playoffs are certainly my goal for our team .

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking its more likely that the Cards could match the Panthers record than SF or beat the 49ers in SF even if they have lost 2 there this season.

The Cardinals' remaining gave vs. the 49ers is in Arizona!

...dave

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard