Cardinals Trade Anthony Sherman to Chiefs for cornerback Javier Arenas

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What I heard from a source very close to Anthony was that Anthony's agent asked the Cardinals if he could pursue a trade---seeing as BA does not employ a FB in his system---the Cardinals agreed and allowed the agent to garner trade interest, which the agent did, and that now there is a deal in place with the Chiefs. The reason why it hasn't been announced yet may be due to AS (and if another player is involved) passing their physicals. My source only knew about Sherman being a part of the trade---no other details.

cool. I'm good with it. I like Sherman. He's a hard player. He deserves to play for a team that plays him. Plus, we might as well get something we can use for him rather than wasting him on the bench

jjjcardsfan85

Reaction score
cool thanks Mitch. makes perfect sense he's a hard worker hope he does great there. I hope we get something useful out of the trade too. It would be nice if he was part of a bigger trade for Albert.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just trying to figure out which chiefs player could be part of the trade,someone who is in last year contract or is closed by a starter

dylanbw

Registered
Reaction score
Exactly

cool. I'm good with it. I like Sherman. He's a hard player. He deserves to play for a team that plays him. Plus, we might as well get something we can use for him rather than wasting him on the bench

I'm not sure how he graded out on PFF or Football Outsiders, but it sure seemed like Sherman did everything asked of him. Dude is thick and no stranger to contact. He could help Jamaal Charles have a huge year if its true that he is going to KC. Good luck to him if true.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just trying to figure out which chiefs player could be part of the trade,someone who is in last year contract or is closed by a starter

Peyton Hillis :lol:

Wow, just looked up Hillis on ESPN. Had NO CLUE he was on the Broncos at one point, and he was drafted in the 7th round.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not saying it's a done deal, but his Wikipedia page lists him as a Kansas City Chief AND an Arizona Cardinal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Sherman

Anthony Sherman (born December 11, 1988) is an American football fullback for the Arizona Cardinals of the National Football League

Career history

Anybody can update wikipedia. The night Todd Bolwes was hired as DC, someone updated his middle name to a four letter word. Based on these two updates, I have a feeling it is someone that comes on here.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Perhaps we should be looking at what extra pieces KC has on the "D" side in any projected trade.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Props to Mitch. He out scooped the media by over 24 hours.

Good work man.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Nice work Mitch!

Mods, can we remove the question marks from the title now???

Last edited:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Well then back to my post on the topic since Caplan is now tweeting about it. It really does turn out the Chiefs are morons. Hey lets waste a draft pick on a FB then a few days later waste more resources to trade for one. Genius!

Maybe Reid since the guy that took his place in Philly is bringing something new to the league we think, Reid is going to do the opposite and bring back something old. The wishbone is back.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I like this...the new staff never freaking rests, they know what they want and if they can still think they can add and readjust and further move towards possibilities, THEY DO IT! :)

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Mitch is the anti-Tim Ring

great work :raccoon:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Big time props to Mitch.

Sent from my RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk II

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Some quick stats on Arenas, if that is the guy...

2nd round draft pick (50th overall) by the Chiefs in 2010. 3 year pro, played in all but one game over the three years (so appears durable). Career stats:

136 combined tackles, 4 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, 2 INTs, 22 pass deflections.

Numbers don't jump off the page, but good depth guy. He has also returned both punts and kicks some in all three years - so gives us another option there.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Caplan did not give Mitch credit in his tweet.

I'm 95% certain that Mitch is a more reliable source than Tim Ring. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort