Bold and fearless predictions from an unabashed Seahawks fan.

cardsloco

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, you are so well informed. Did you know his previous tenures he actually had a winning record? Including a playoff win? And he was handed teams on the decline, and still pulled winning records out of them.

And please, don't pretend Whiz is some amazing coach. Let's see how he does now that HE is facing adversity.

The Patriots were coming from the Superbowl, I see you are the one that is well informed

Treefiddy

Richard Cranium
Reaction score
Enjoying some of the smack but I find it hard to find the motivation these days.

- I don't share the same belief that our O-Line is any better than any of the other 31 teams in the league. Rookies or not, our O-Line is our #1 problem this year and is probably the worst in the NFL.

- I hope Seattle puts 8 in the box. Beanie and Hightower have both ripped off some very nice runs against clear run defenses. The problems come when someone on our O-Line completely misses a player to block and he crosses the L.O.S. completely un-inhibited. This seems to happen no matter if the opposing defense is rushing 4 or 8, and since 8 in the box *might* allow Max Hall to look like a Starting NFL Calibur QB, then that's what I want.

- Our entire defense is bad. The only shining moments are against a Rams team that hadn't found their way yet, and New Orleans.

- I'm not scared of Lynch at all. Forsett terrifies me though.

- The one area where I felt confident that AZ was better than Seattle is Special Teams, and then I went and looked at the stats. What a let down. You guys have gotten so much practice at returning kickoffs and punting over the last two years that you're at or nearly at #1 in both categories.

Nothing but doom and gloom from me. I'd feel a lot better if this wasn't at Qwest field, but the above mixed with the location had me picking Seattle in my Survivor league this week since I already used Baltimore and New Orleans.

Despite all that, I'm still going to be glued to the TV on Sunday hoping the Cards can prove me wrong. Cheering them along the way.

Last edited:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Whoever the mouthbreather was who said we put 8 in the box to stuff the run is an idiot. I don't care what you've heard or seen, our front 4 are stopping the run just fine. The packages with DBs in the box are called blitzes, its one of the ways we will sack young Mr. Hall on Sunday.

That would be one of your SeaHag breathren...

:D

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Marshawn Stynch was traded because hes a chump. You guys will still suck at the run. Marshawn aint jack with out his strap (probably a 9 mili) and the only drive he will help sustain is the one driving home after another hit and run. He's a bum.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
one last overlooked factor in this game:

Hasselbeck seems to involuntarily wet himself whenever Adrian Wilson gets within 4 yards of the line of scrimmage.

Getting #24 free on an early passing play is important for the Cardinals

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
one last overlooked factor in this game:

Hasselbeck seems to involuntarily wet himself whenever Adrian Wilson gets within 4 yards of the line of scrimmage.

Getting #24 free on an early passing play is important for the Cardinals

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    33.7 KB · Views: 160
  • imagesCA274XJJ.jpg
    imagesCA274XJJ.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 158
  • imagesCAABHREG.jpg
    imagesCAABHREG.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 164

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Y'know, the Greenies are a source of mixed emotion for many hawks fans. Yes, they're ugly. They're downright FUGLY, but when you see that crazy green colour, there's no denying what team that is.

lol, that's like saying....... sure that vomit laying next to me is gross, but hey at least it's my vomit!

Ugly, drab, and hidious to the sight with no redeeming quality. Perfect jersey for that team actually.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Which team is going to show up Can'tHawk? The one who got stomped by the Rams or the one who stomped the Niners? We'll see, but your team--like most in this division--is way too inconsistent to be talking smack.

Cards have fared quite well in SEA since Whis took over and I think you underestimate the Cards to your detriment.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's pretty brave predicting that Lynch will gain 100 yards on the ground, but our defense is actually pretty solid against #1 RBs. Steven Jackson only had 81 yards and 3.2 YPC against us and he's twice the back BLUNT MODE is. I'm more worried about Justin Forsett, since #2 RBs are our kryptonite.

Hopefully they don't play thier #3 RB against our D. #3 RBs are like a comet made completely of Kryptonite.

GoHawks1212

Reaction score
I find all the "smack talk" this week pretty hilarious.

The Chickens win a road game and suddenly all the fans feel the need to come here and convince us how awesome their team is and how we should be scared.

It sounds more like they are trying to convince themselves.

How many road games have the cardinals won this year?

GoHawks1212

Reaction score
Of course you're not the same team. The simple fact that you and so many of your smack talking brethren have crawled out of their hiding places tells us this. In your favor, you picked the right time to puff up your chest and blow.

We're clearly a struggling team right now (stats wise, you could make the case that we're the worst team in the NFL) and you guys just enjoyed your first road win of consequence in quite some time. Speaking of road wins, prior to Chicago when was the last time you guys had a road win out of division (2007?)? Enjoy your moment in the sun, it doesn't happen often in Seattle.

Steve

Your right, only 6 years straight prior to your 2 in the sun.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Whiz has been to the SB with 2 different teams, he knows how to coach at the NFL level. Carol, she only succeeded at USC because she had the best college players in the country. She will have the same winning percentage (around .500) with the seacocks.

GoHawks1212

Reaction score
LMAO...haven't heard from Hawks fans in awhile. Pete Carroll has enthused this bunch with his rah rah. I hand it to you, your team has been hit by the injury bug the last couple of years. You are not the same team but you are who we thought you are or something like that.

Thank god, a Card fan who finally acknowledges that our team has been in pieces for the last two years. It didn't help our cause that the coaching staff was terrible last year either...

1. Marshawn Lynch...4 yard career average...not bad but not scary. We have handled him before. That was a beautiful and whopping 2.6 he ground out in Chicago.

The 2.6 yards per carry is a beautiful number in my mind. This number stems from the fact that the bears were FORCED into putting 8 in the box any time he was on the field. This completely opened up passing lanes, which Matt used to pick apart their defense. For the record, most RB's in this league average around 4 ypc...

2. The biggest point that everyone is missing...the Bears had three new starters on the O-line. THAT is why you got to Cutler. Not because of scheme or pure ability but because the Bears O-line is PITIFUL. Yes, I watched the game that you barely won but won.

Same excuse as the niners, and the chargers. "Our line" lost us the game. Can't argue with consistent results. Especially at home.

By the way, which Bears game were you watching? The score may have been close, but the game was completely one sided. Take away the hester return (punter was told to kick it out of bounds) and the blown 60 yard pass interference call on the opening drive, and this game is a complete blowout. Seahawks D forced Cutler to go 0-for on third downs. They were lucky the score even seemed presentable.

3. Peppers threw Okung around for awhile and was chipped several times. He still got pressure. Okung did settle in and play farely well in the second half. We have tape on this guy now. We will find his weakness.

Not sure how much pressure you really think Peppers got with his whopping 1 tackle. He may have hurried Matt at times, but Okung did what no other LT has done this season and contained Peppers.

Anyway, you are like your coach at the moment, all hype and enthusiasm. Can't wait to watch that balloon deflate.
We Seahawks fans have been anxious to see the big red Cardinal balloon deflate, like it will this season. Max Hall is not the future. Whiz is panicking. No more NFC West champs for the cards.

Cards 6
Seahawks 24

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAWKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Fixt.

GoHawks1212

Reaction score
If you actually took off your pea-green colored glasses and used Google ...

Whisenhunt has experienced no adversity? Look at 2007:

You literally make no sense. Was the google comment a diss? I didn't need to use google, this is common knowledge to me, as I follow my team and know what my coach's history is before I post on your forums in week 7.

Also, you lost me on the whisenhunt adversity link. What does Kurt Warner possibly playing against the Redskins have anything to do with adversity? Let alone compare to the fact that hes got a rookie QB as his starter now?

GoHawks1212

Reaction score
Truth is, if we pull out a win at your house, you might as well wish us good luck in the play offs. :) Maybe you guys can come down and remember what the play offs are like this post season. The only way the Hawks are going is if they buy tickets.

This is some good clean smack talk. I approve of this message. However, I don't agree! Hawks back on top!

GoHawks1212

Reaction score
Hmmm, I hope I can comment since I wore solid red briefs as I can't afford the logo embroidered ones.

Bold Predictions:
Forsett runs for 130 yards, Lynch for 7.
Howsmyback throws 2 TDs and 3 interceptions.
Seachicks pick 2 off of Max because your ugly ass uniforms blend in with the rain and the general depressing air of Seattle.
Money Mike Adams (that's our little guy) gets two pass interference penalties and a safety, he also has two tackles for a loss on Lynch (inc the safety)
Beanie and HT fumble 3 times in the rain, Max twice.
LSH scores twice on special teams, Seachicks drop a ball on a PR.

AZ: 19
SEA: 17

We pretty much win the game on a 120lb DB taking out your 'beast'.

See you Monday.

Honestly, if the game goes like you predict, we deserve the loss. LOL!

GoHawks1212

Reaction score
This is funny considering your next line....

Losing Warner, Boldin, Rolle, Dansby and any quarterback that has a grasp of the offense outside of 4 months..

3-2 and on top of the division.

He seems to be handling it pretty well.

Carrol would have packed his bags for some Euro football team months ago if he was in whiz's shoes this summer.

It's early in the season friend, don't say I didn't tell you so when the walls come crashing down. Let's see what cards fans think of whiz and Max Hall come end of the year.

Let's face it, both our teams have won some games that they probably shouldn't have (see sea vs SD, Zona vs NO), these kinds of things tend to balance out as the season progresses.

GoHawks1212

Reaction score
Additionally, after playing runner-up in the Super Bowl, he did something only one other coach had done since 2001 - that is get back to the post season the following year.
Adversity? Well, the odds were certainly stacked against him... ;)

Err.. Maybe i'm misunderstanding your post here, but the Hawks went to the SB in '05, and were in the playoffs in '06. Same coach.

GoHawks1212

Reaction score
The Patriots were coming from the Superbowl, I see you are the one that is well informed

Is it so hard to imagine a team making it to the superbowl then not making it quite so far the next year? Happens quite often. I assumed that was common knowledge.

Better question, how many teams have won back to back superbowls in the last 30 years? Not many.

Many players leave, retire, get traded, get cut, etc. Teams change on a year to year basis. People get injured. Simply stating that before Carroll got to New England they were in the Super Bowl, is a weak arguement at best. The better question is, why was a team in need of a new coach the following year after going to the superbowl?

GoHawks1212

Reaction score
Marshawn Stynch was traded because hes a chump. You guys will still suck at the run. Marshawn aint jack with out his strap (probably a 9 mili) and the only drive he will help sustain is the one driving home after another hit and run. He's a bum.

Ya, a bum that went to the pro bowl his rookie and sophomore years. And the seahawks might have a poopy day running, doubt it, but it could happen. Doesn't mean that your team isn't going to show Marshawn Lynch respect when hes on the field. Trust me, the cards know that Lynch is a threat, even if you aren't willing to be threatened.