Bold and fearless predictions from an unabashed Seahawks fan.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We beat you in your place. Take a hike and go to a Rams board. You are way to cocky.
Too cocky? In the smack shack? Yeah,my bad. :lol:

You escaped us week 1 in our place sure,but week 1 Rams is not the same St Lou team that lines up tomorrow(or Dec 5th).....meanwhile AZ is running out the same ole squad they did 7 weeks ago. An anemic offense and a tired defense.

Take some comfort in that if it suits you. BTW,what did i say that got your panties in such a wad PJ? Your team is 3-2.....lighten up Francis.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CANHawk

Reaction score
Good morning all.

Don’t worry… I’m not here to rub anyone’s nose in anything. The game is over and so is the smack talk. Just doing a little post game recap of my predictions and maybe have a little chit-chat about the game.

OK, the recap; my stupid and clueless predictions:

#5: Marshawn breaks 100 yards. Almost got there. 89 yards on 24 carries. Would have been better if our RT Shawn Locklear wasn’t a moron. But if we factor in the running back by committee factor, Forsett rushed for 41 yards so that’s 130 for the "Beast and the Priest" tandem on the ground (yes, more stupid nick names) so that’s a half decent day of pounding the rock. It’s nice to have a running game again in Seattle.

#4: Cards get no sacks. Holy crap was I ever wrong! I was correct on my prediction of 5 sacks, but for the wrong team! It’s my fault really; I forgot to add the caveat that this prediction would be rendered null and void should Russel Okung go out of the game for any reason. God I hope he doesn’t turn out to have glass ankles, because when he’s healthy he’s a beast.

#3: Mike Williams continues his campaign for comeback player of the year with at least another 8 catches, only this time he adds a score. Stat sheet says 11 rec’s, 89 yards and 1 TD for Big Mike. Check one for the Hawk fan. Despite the impassioned arguments of some for LT, I believe Mike will be making a more and more convincing argument for himself as the season rolls on in the Comeback Player of the Year race. Even if the east coast media insists on giving it to LT, Mike will be a big part of that discussion. That TD catch was downright pretty.

#2: Hawks get 5 sacks/no single rusher from ARI breaks 75 on the ground. We only got 2 sacks so that’s a definite fail on me. Beanie and THT finished with 54 and 59 respectively. I suppose technically my prediction was accurate, but the fact that BOTH backs got pretty close to 75 equals a fail to me. The effect of Brandon Mebane’s absence on the run defense was painfully obvious to anyone who has watched all the previous Hawks games this season; though former 1st round bust Kentwan Balmer filled in admirably.

#1: All the BS about false starts, Max Hall and Qwest being a tough place to play. Although Max did flame out big time – accounting for only 4 comp’s, 36 yards and an INT – there was not one false start called on Arizona. And that place was loud! I suppose kudos go to The Whiz and co. for doing a good job preparing the team (and I do think Whiz is a darn good coach). Danderson looked pretty good on that first drive he came in and I was genuinely scared he might rally the troops for the big comeback. He started connecting with Fitz where Max couldn’t and that’s always a cause for concern, but our rookie CB Walter Thurmond rallied to keep him in check quite admirably (although help over the top from the ball hawking Earl Thomas didn’t hurt either). I think in the long run, Walter Thurmond will go down as the steal of the 2010 NFL draft seeing as we got him in the 4th round.

Bonus prediction: Hawks will win/CANHawk is delusional…. Check. It was ugly at times sure, but the ugly ones count just the same in the standings so I’m a happy camper. We’ve been too crappy for too long to get all uppity as to the cleanliness of our wins. If coach Pete can get us 10 ugly wins this year, that’d be some feat.

Sole possession of 1st place in the div for the first time in 2 years feels nice. There was nobody happier when Kurt Warner decided to pack it in than me. Good luck wandering through the QB jungle to find his replacement (we’ll be there to join you soon enough after Hasslebeck finally flames out for good).

So to recap, the stupid cocky Hawks fan went a dismal 1 for 5 on his silly predictions – 2 for 6 if you count the bonus – so feel free to make as much fun as you like. I’m still high as a kite after the win, so I can suffer the slings and arrows of your insults in good spirits.

Thanks for the entertaining pre-game flurry of football talk. It was actually a lot of fun. You’re a really good group of football fans – except for the Wesley Willis guy, he’s a little off… 11 pages in 4 days is an incredible pace for a thread in a forum. I’m sure your sponsors will appreciate all the looks these banner ads got in that time. I'm seriously considering purchasing a Zwinky.........

Cheers! :)

Last edited:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Good morning all.

Don’t worry… I’m not here to rub anyone’s nose in anything. The game is over and so is the smack talk. Just doing a little post game recap of my predictions and maybe have a little chit-chat about the game.

OK, the recap; my stupid and clueless predictions:

#5: Marshawn breaks 100 yards. Almost got there. 89 yards on 24 carries. Would have been better if our RT Shawn Locklear wasn’t a moron. But if we factor in the running back by committee factor, Forsett rushed for 41 yards so that’s 130 for the "Beast and the Priest" tandem on the ground (yes, more stupid nick names) so that’s a half decent day of pounding the rock. It’s nice to have a running game again in Seattle.

#4: Cards get no sacks. Holy crap was I ever wrong! I was correct on my prediction of 5 sacks, but for the wrong team! It’s my fault really; I forgot to add the caveat that this prediction would be rendered null and void should Russel Okung go out of the game for any reason. God I hope he doesn’t turn out to have glass ankles, because when he’s healthy he’s a beast.

#3: Mike Williams continues his campaign for comeback player of the year with at least another 8 catches, only this time he adds a score. Stat sheet says 11 rec’s, 89 yards and 1 TD for Big Mike. Check one for the Hawk fan. Despite the impassioned arguments of some for LT, I believe Mike will be making a more and more convincing argument for himself as the season rolls on in the Comeback Player of the Year race. Even if the east coast media insists on giving it to LT, Mike will be a big part of that discussion. That TD catch was downright pretty.

#2: Hawks get 5 sacks/no single rusher from ARI breaks 75 on the ground. We only got 2 sacks so that’s a definite fail on me. Beanie and THT finished with 54 and 59 respectively. I suppose technically my prediction was accurate, but the fact that BOTH backs got pretty close to 75 equals a fail to me. The effect of Brandon Mebane’s absence on the run defense was painfully obvious to anyone who has watched all the previous Hawks games this season; though former 1st round bust Kentwan Balmer filled in admirably.

#1: All the BS about false starts, Max Hall and Qwest being a tough place to play. Although Max did flame out big time – accounting for only 4 comp’s, 36 yards and an INT – there was not one false start called on Arizona. And that place was loud! I suppose kudos go to The Whiz and co. for doing a good job preparing the team (and I do think Whiz is a darn good coach). Danderson looked pretty good on that first drive he came in and I was genuinely scared he might rally the troops for the big comeback. He started connecting with Fitz where Max couldn’t and that’s always a cause for concern, but our rookie CB Walter Thurmond rallied to keep him in check quite admirably (although help over the top from the ball hawking Earl Thomas didn’t hurt either). I think in the long run, Walter Thurmond will go down as the steal of the 2010 NFL draft seeing as we got him in the 4th round.

Bonus prediction: Hawks will win/CANHawk is delusional…. Check. It was ugly at times sure, but the ugly ones count just the same in the standings so I’m a happy camper. We’ve been too crappy for too long to get all uppity as to the cleanliness of our wins. If coach Pete can get us 10 ugly wins this year, that’d be some feat.

Sole possession of 1st place in the div for the first time in 2 years feels nice. There was nobody happier when Kurt Warner decided to pack it in than me. Good luck wandering through the QB jungle to find his replacement (we’ll be there to join you soon enough after Hasslebeck finally flames out for good).

So to recap, the stupid cocky Hawks fan went a dismal 1 for 5 on his silly predictions – 2 for 6 if you count the bonus – so feel free to make as much fun as you like. I’m still high as a kite after the win, so I can suffer the slings and arrows of your insults in good spirits.

Thanks for the entertaining pre-game flurry of football talk. It was actually a lot of fun. You’re a really good group of football fans – except for the Wesley Willis guy, he’s a little off… 11 pages in 4 days is an incredible pace for a thread in a forum. I’m sure your sponsors will appreciate all the looks these banner ads got in that time. I'm seriously considering purchasing a Zwinky.........

Cheers! :)

The better team lost yesterday... but, that's why they play the game I guess. :bang:

Our QB position is are achilles heel for sure. But seriously, 5 turnovers which allowed you guys to have 3 drives started inside our 20, and all you can do was put up 22 points for the game...
Kurt's retirement is indeed a tough pill for us to swallow... :mad:

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rams find a way to choke on the road. Not gonna win a road game this season.
You may be right,but I'll take a 7-9 season.

Spags needs to learn how NOT to sit on a 1st half lead and put all of the pressure on his beloved defense to win it in the 2nd half. PERIOD.
He did the same thing last week vs San Diego and we were lucky to preserve the win.

The 2nd half offensive playcalling(with a lead) has been beyond conservative..."Shottenheimer-esqe."

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
The Cards turned the ball over 5 times and were still within striking distance in the 4th quarter. The Cards gave the ball to Seattle inside their own 20 three times and Seattle could only manage 13 points.

Congrats on holding serve, but Seattle's not a good team. Don't fool yourself.

Cards still win the division.

OP
OP
C

CANHawk

Reaction score
You know... It's amazing the unprecidented luck the Seahawks have been able to have this season. I mean, all our wins have never been because of anything the SEAHAWKS have done right, but we miraculously keep getting teams on their worst days. :sarcasm off:

We only beat SD because we were "lucky" enough to have two kick return TDs out of Leon Washington? Why is it then that when a team like Chicago and a guy like Devon Hester does something like that, it's not luck but their great special teams? We only beat Arizona because we were "lucky" enough to get great field position off of special teams.

Uh, no.

Developing outstanding special teams is all part of Pete Carroll's plan. The guy who forced that fumble on the kick return, that was Michael Robinson, the former SF special teams standout that Pete made a point of luring away from SF to do just that... but I guess that's just dumb luck again.

We sure were "lucky" that our rookie 4th round CB Walter Thurmond was "lucky" enough to shut down Fitz. And don't blame your QB, Fitz was rarely open that game. He was blanketed by Thurmond with help over the top from Earl Thomas. We sure were lucky we were smart enough to pick Earl Thomas over Taylor Mays.

arrgh... I'm mostly just venting about the morons in the media. At least Tony Dungy is smart enough to notice how good our team is. Can't wait to prove how smart Tony is and smash the Giants at Qwest... Of course we first have to prove how flukey Oakland was yesterday.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You know... It's amazing the unprecidented luck the Seahawks have been able to have this season. I mean, all our wins have never been because of anything the SEAHAWKS have done right, but we miraculously keep getting teams on their worst days. :sarcasm off:

We only beat SD because we were "lucky" enough to have two kick return TDs out of Leon Washington? Why is it then that when a team like Chicago and a guy like Devon Hester does something like that, it's not luck but their great special teams? We only beat Arizona because we were "lucky" enough to get great field position off of special teams.

Uh, no.

Developing outstanding special teams is all part of Pete Carroll's plan. The guy who forced that fumble on the kick return, that was Michael Robinson, the former SF special teams standout that Pete made a point of luring away from SF to do just that... but I guess that's just dumb luck again.

We sure were "lucky" that our rookie 4th round CB Walter Thurmond was "lucky" enough to shut down Fitz. And don't blame your QB, Fitz was rarely open that game. He was blanketed by Thurmond with help over the top from Earl Thomas. We sure were lucky we were smart enough to pick Earl Thomas over Taylor Mays.

arrgh... I'm mostly just venting about the morons in the media. At least Tony Dungy is smart enough to notice how good our team is. Can't wait to prove how smart Tony is and smash the Giants at Qwest... Of course we first have to prove how flukey Oakland was yesterday.
Dude, the gloat boat has left, but your still on it. Good luck with the Raiders, we already beat them so chances are they will have no problem with you.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Uh, no.

Seriously, don't press your luck.

OP
OP
C

CANHawk

Reaction score
^That's my POINT! It's NOT luck! We're the better team.

But you're right. I have Ray-duh's to go play with.

See you again in a few weeks! :)

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Yep - seattle is horrible and lucky - yet people want to gloat over wins against the raiders (at home where they missed 3 FGs including a chip shot to win)

then in the saints game which people like to crow about the cards had 4 fumbles which they somehow recovered all 4 - NO turned the ball over 4 times (2 returned for a TDs and the other gave the Cards the ball @ the 2) .... NO outgained them 358 to 194 .... missed a FG

but that's a good win - even though NO tripped all over themselves that game and then continued to play like crap while getting beat by a bad cleveland team with their 3rd string QB at home

a team that is 31st in the league in PPG and 28th in the league in points allowed per game and has a -62 point differential should probably spend more time thanking their own lucky stars that they are .500 instead of proclaiming that they are the better team at any point in time and throwing around how lucky everyone else is for only beating them by 12

now i'm not saying seattle is a world beater by any means ... nor am I saying that the return visit will be a lock for a win ..... seattle has a lot of holes and a lot of work to do .... but they have received no more good fortune or "luck" in their victories than the local side

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Too cocky? In the smack shack? Yeah,my bad. :lol:

You escaped us week 1 in our place sure,but week 1 Rams is not the same St Lou team that lines up tomorrow(or Dec 5th).....meanwhile AZ is running out the same ole squad they did 7 weeks ago. An anemic offense and a tired defense.

Take some comfort in that if it suits you. BTW,what did i say that got your panties in such a wad PJ? Your team is 3-2.....lighten up Francis.
You must be registered for see images attach

So what has changed about the Rams since week 1? They recently lost to the Bucs and got blown out by a team that only has 3 wins in the last 3 seasons.The Cards are not the same team since week 1 either aside from maybe the QB. The offensive line is much better since week 1 and the defense has improved immensely with Alan Branch playing like the best 34 DE in the league.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So what has changed about the Rams since week 1?
OFFENSIVELY
1) Sam Bradford has progressively cut down on his mistakes.
TD/INT by game:
1/3(week 1)
2/1
1/1
2/1
0/2
1/0
2/0(week 7)

2) SJ and the OLine have continued to gain momentum in the run game.
22-81(3.7)
19-75(3.9)
10-58(5.8)
22-70(3.2)
25-114(4.6)
29-109(3.8)
22-110(5.0)

If you've paid any attention to your division rival you'd know that the Rams defense has carried this team thus far and is as good as any defense in the division...including Arizona's talented but tired squad.

The Cards are not the same team since week 1 either aside from maybe the QB. The offensive line is much better since week 1 and the defense has improved immensely with Alan Branch playing like the best 34 DE in the league.
If anything the Cards are worse than they were week 1....when they were still playing like they had a reputation around the league(and especially within the division) that they were a team that had to be dealt with as the top dog. For me that rep quickly eroded after escaping a then fired up but disorganized and extremely inexperienced Rams team....by 4 pts.

Objectively speaking, i would have to say the two teams are currently evenly matched,but heading in two very different directions quickly.

So tell me,(anybody...?) how have the Cardinals progressed since week 1? You've got an OLine that has done nothing but pass block for 3 yrs,which is likely the real reason that Whiz won't run the ball consistently post Warner...because well,they cant run block consistently. Either rebuild the OLine into a unit that can run block,or go get another elite QB.

Talking about the NFC here...the Buccaneers are the worst 4-2 team i've ever seen(ok i admit,i'm still upset about another close defeat), and AZ is by far the luckiest ever to be sitting @ 3-3 and facing zero hope to get better until they decide what kind of offense they want to be.

Last edited:

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
OFFENSIVELY
1) Sam Bradford has progressively cut down on his mistakes.
TD/INT by game:
1/3(week 1)
2/1
1/1
2/1
0/2
1/0
2/0(week 7)

2) SJ and the OLine have continued to gain momentum in the run game.
22-81(3.7)
19-75(3.9)
10-58(5.8)
22-70(3.2)
25-114(4.6)
29-109(3.8)
22-110(5.0)

If you've paid any attention to your division rival you'd know that the Rams defense has carried this team thus far and is as good as any defense in the division...including Arizona's talented but tired squad.

If anything the Cards are worse than they were week 1....when they were still playing like they had a reputation around the league(and especially within the division) that they were a team that had to be dealt with as the top dog. For me that rep quickly eroded after escaping a then fired up but disorganized and extremely inexperienced Rams team....by 4 pts.

Objectively speaking, i would have to say the two teams are currently evenly matched,but heading in two very different directions quickly.

So tell me,(anybody...?) how have the Cardinals progressed since week 1? You've got an OLine that has done nothing but pass block for 3 yrs,which is likely the real reason that Whiz won't run the ball consistently post Warner...because well,they cant run block consistently. Either rebuild the OLine into a unit that can run block,or go get another elite QB.

Talking about the NFC here...the Buccaneers are the worst 4-2 team i've ever seen(ok i admit,i'm still upset about another close defeat), and AZ is by far the luckiest ever to be sitting @ 3-3 and facing zero hope to get better until they decide what kind of offense they want to be.

Sam Bradford has cut down on his mistakes but nothing else about his game has improved. His YPA and completion % is taking a nose dive, I believe he has improved very little so far aside from cutting down on mistakes that I expect to return very soon.

Won't disagree about your running game or defense either. They play very good bend but don't break defense and Jackson is a top 5 back.

The Cards do not run the football a lot because Whiz loves to pass and the play of the defense and special teams forced the Cards to pass. The Cards are top 10 in YPA running the ball and #32 in attempts. The run blocking isn't dominant but it is very solid and is actually built to run block, the main problem so far this season has been pass protection which has improved in the past couple of weeks. I'm very disappointed in the lack of running but hopefully Whiz finally saw the light because he started balancing the pass/run plays as the game progressed.

The Cards defense is much improved from week 1. The rookie WILB is reading plays a lot better and the secondary is light years better outside of DRC especially Greg Toler and Michael Adams who were picked on in game one. Billy Davis also stopped scheming like an 8 year old Madden and is fighting to keep his job. The Rams offensive line won't be able to handle the unstoppable duo of Alan Albert Haynesworth Branch and Darnell Dockett at the same time.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sam Bradford has cut down on his mistakes but nothing else about his game has improved. His YPA and completion % is taking a nose dive, I believe he has improved very little so far aside from cutting down on mistakes that I expect to return very soon.
Agreed,this is because as of late(the last 3 gms) SJax has been given heavier carries in order to establish a dominant run game early,thus the consistent 1st half success the Rams offense has seen as of late.

Bradford has been handed a west coast offense without many west coast worthy weapons...and those weapons have been gradually taken away due to injury....the IR type of injuries. Donnie Avery,Mark Clayton etc.

Still,my point was that Bradford's light years ahead of where he was week 1 against your blitzing defense which...btw, Bradfords seen every week since(an aggressive blitzing defense). This last game vs Tampa was probably his worst game all year actually,his numbers weren't bad....but his accuracy was off all day.
The problem has been w/the 2nd half playcalling ,and the execution of the conservative plays that have been called(Bradford included),however he's making the plays on 3rd down....check it. :)

The Cards do not run the football a lot because Whiz loves to pass and the play of the defense and special teams forced the Cards to pass.
I would hope that Whiz is smart enough to realize that no matter what he likes to do on offense,it's better to find your teams strengths and start there.

The Cards are top 10 in YPA running the ball and #32 in attempts.
Those stats sound like a team thats playing from behind alot.

The run blocking isn't dominant but it is very solid and is actually built to run block
Maybe so but have they done much run blocking in the last few years? Have they established anything in the trenches in terms of consistency? Not with Warner throwing darts all over the field they haven't....not now either.
I dont think the AZ OLine knows how to control a game from the get go with physicality up front....and isn't that what the doctor ordered this season w/out a legit QB? AZ has no identity on offense. IMO you're assesment of the OLine is gracious at best.

the main problem so far this season has been pass protection which has improved in the past couple of weeks.
That may have something to do w/Max Hall in there, being able to move around the pocket a bit more than Anderson.

hopefully Whiz finally saw the light because he started balancing the pass/run plays as the game progressed.
Ya gotta keep your defense off the field when your offense is mediocre. Run the ball,call higher % pass plays for Hall.

The Cards defense is much improved from week 1. The rookie WILB is reading plays a lot better and the secondary is light years better outside of DRC especially Greg Toler and Michael Adams who were picked on in game one. Billy Davis also stopped scheming like an 8 year old Madden and is fighting to keep his job. The Rams offensive line won't be able to handle the unstoppable duo of Alan Albert Haynesworth Branch and Darnell Dockett at the same time.
I think your defense is the same defense we saw in week one,its just that now they're tired, and frustrated too....they know that every week it's up to them to win the game. A solid defense thats getting worn out as the season roll's along due to an anemic offense(i've seen this before as a Rams fan bro....trust me.)

No doubt that AZ's defense can put some pressure on Bradford up front,but you arent going to rattle him,and he's not going to be throwing 3 picks again vs you guys again for a very long,long,long,time.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave