Bold and fearless predictions from an unabashed Seahawks fan.

OP
OP
C

CANHawk

Reaction score
I just want to thank the board for staying away (mostly) from childish nicknames for players:

"Beast Mode, Okung-fu, BMW, #12 & Jim Mornon" - ugh

Enjoy your "Head Cheerleader" until you face real adversity.

Just like his previous tenures as an NFL coach, he'll be tuned out and lose the team before you know it.

Nicknames are fun. We all love them. Even you..... Or is sw3j your Christian name....?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is pretty interesting that most Seahawk fans were nowhere to be found that past couple years.

LittleDavis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
LMAO...haven't heard from Hawks fans in awhile. Pete Carroll has enthused this bunch with his rah rah. I hand it to you, your team has been hit by the injury bug the last couple of years. You are not the same team but you are who we thought you are or something like that.

1. Marshawn Lynch...4 yard career average...not bad but not scary. We have handled him before. That was a beautiful and whopping 2.6 he ground out in Chicago.

2. The biggest point that everyone is missing...the Bears had three new starters on the O-line. THAT is why you got to Cutler. Not because of scheme or pure ability but because the Bears O-line is PITIFUL. Yes, I watched the game that you barely won but won.

3. Peppers threw Okung around for awhile and was chipped several times. He still got pressure. Okung did settle in and play farely well in the second half. We have tape on this guy now. We will find his weakness.

Anyway, you are like your coach at the moment, all hype and enthusiasm. Can't wait to watch that balloon deflate.

Cards 24
Seahawks 17

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CARDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

OP
OP
C

CANHawk

Reaction score
I find all the "smack talk" this week pretty hilarious.

The Chickens win a road game and suddenly all the fans feel the need to come here and convince us how awesome their team is and how we should be scared.

It sounds more like they are trying to convince themselves.

Hilarious is all I'm ever shooting for. As I said in my opening salvo, I just want to whip up a little friendly debate/smack leading up to the game to make things a little more interesting for us all on Sunday. Don't get your Cardinal print panties in a twist.

We're a team that won 9 games in two years, hasn't really won in overly convincing fashion this year yet (except for maybe the 9'ers game) and got served by the Lambs on the road. We know exactly who and what we are right now; a team undergoing a mass rebuild that is experiencing some mild success in the early stages of said rebuild. But it's success none the less, so why not have some fun with it..?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hilarious is all I'm ever shooting for. As I said in my opening salvo, I just want to whip up a little friendly debate/smack leading up to the game to make things a little more interesting for us all on Sunday. Don't get your Cardinal print panties in a twist.

We're a team that won 9 games in two years, hasn't really won in overly convincing fashion this year yet (except for maybe the 9'ers game) and got served by the Lambs on the road. We know exactly who and what we are right now; a team undergoing a mass rebuild that is experiencing some mild success in the early stages of said rebuild. But it's success none the less, so why not have some fun with it..?

Nothing wrong with enjoying your modest success especially in light of the past few years. However, it is a bit antagonizing to talk smack on our board during one of our toughest periods in recent memory. And you guys do have reason to be hopefully confident but it might be a little early for the cockiness that seems to be flourishing among Seahawks fans.

Steve

OP
OP
C

CANHawk

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with enjoying your modest success especially in light of the past few years. However, it is a bit antagonizing to talk smack on our board during one of our toughest periods in recent memory. And you guys do have reason to be hopefully confident but it might be a little early for the cockiness that seems to be flourishing among Seahawks fans.

Steve

If it makes you feel any better, I've talked smack on an opponents board prior to every game this season; including the dismantlings at the hands of the Rams and the Broncos. Came back on Monday morning to chat about the game and eat crow as necessary too (and I don't talk smack to the losers after we win... well I did to the Bears fans a bit, but they were arseholes).

This isn't a "pour salt in the wounds of the Cardinals" thread by any means. Just keeing up with the rivalry.... because a rivalry without smack talk is just lame. ;)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, I've talked smack on an opponents board prior to every game this season; including the dismantlings at the hands of the Rams and the Broncos. Came back on Monday morning to chat about the game and eat crow as necessary too (and I don't talk smack to the losers after we win... well I did to the Bears fans a bit, but they were arseholes).

This isn't a "pour salt in the wounds of the Cardinals" thread by any means. Just keeing up with the rivalry.... because a rivalry without smack talk is just lame. ;)
So, what do you have to say about the limegreen SHawk uni's? :)

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
Well that 12th wont have much influence on the game after the Hags are down by a couple scores. Have you forgotten that Whis and the Cards have had the Hags number even when you were supposed to win?

I wont say 100+ on the ground is unlikely but with Hayes back there are gonna be some different looks. But 100+ on the ground does not worrie me anyway. After DRC and Toler make old man Hasselbeck look his age bye shutting down the pass, your 100+ yards may be the majority of the offensive yards gained.

As far as shutting the run of THT and Beanie, could happen. But right now Beanie is realizing he is not producing like the hype says he should, he has a chip on his shoulder and likely will have a big game. And THT is what he is, he will beat you up and wear you down. And he has shown that a homerun is always possible. So I hope your #2 ranked Run D believes this will be a cake walk. And if they get some stops it better happen early because Graham will have Hasselbeck pinned inside of his 10 yardline most of the day.

And Maximus is going into only his second start as a NFL QB, no way Seattle should take him light. The kid has a fight in him that compliments his accuracy like no other. He is gonna suprise the Hags. Fitz, Breaston and Doucet are gonna love the chance to shut the crowd up. Oh yeah Maximus uses the TE which the Hags have yet to see the Cards do.

And lets not forget about LaRod Stevens-Howling and his kick returns!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
weather looks to be craptastic -- 100% chance of rain on sunday

for a road underdog -- I like that. Rainy likely means low scoring, with an emphasis on special teams.

sw3j

Reaction score
Wow, you are so well informed. Did you know his previous tenures he actually had a winning record? Including a playoff win? And he was handed teams on the decline, and still pulled winning records out of them.

And please, don't pretend Whiz is some amazing coach. Let's see how he does now that HE is facing adversity.

If you actually took off your pea-green colored glasses and used Google ...

The team that went to the 1997 Super Bowl under Parcells declined in each of Carroll's seasons, bottoming out with an 8-8 last-place record when it beat Baltimore 20-3 Sunday after losing six of its previous seven games.

He was fired after one season in which they went 6-10 and was replaced by Rich Kotite.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/news/2000/01/03/patriots_carroll_ap/

Whisenhunt has experienced no adversity? Look at 2007:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3069730

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Truth is, if we pull out a win at your house, you might as well wish us good luck in the play offs. :) Maybe you guys can come down and remember what the play offs are like this post season. The only way the Hawks are going is if they buy tickets.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hmmm, I hope I can comment since I wore solid red briefs as I can't afford the logo embroidered ones.

Bold Predictions:
Forsett runs for 130 yards, Lynch for 7.
Howsmyback throws 2 TDs and 3 interceptions.
Seachicks pick 2 off of Max because your ugly ass uniforms blend in with the rain and the general depressing air of Seattle.
Money Mike Adams (that's our little guy) gets two pass interference penalties and a safety, he also has two tackles for a loss on Lynch (inc the safety)
Beanie and HT fumble 3 times in the rain, Max twice.
LSH scores twice on special teams, Seachicks drop a ball on a PR.

AZ: 19
SEA: 17

We pretty much win the game on a 120lb DB taking out your 'beast'.

See you Monday.

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
Yeah he is day to day right now. But he is saying he feels good with no soreness from practice, so I guess I am being hopeful.

70% chance according to weather.com . I was just up there for 3 days and everyday I was there is was supposed to rain. We got some rain early one day and sprinkles through out the day on and off and then the next day no rain at all even though the morning forcast called for heavy rain.

Either way just saying, that place has some strange weather cycles that make the predictablility pretty tough!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
70% chance according to weather.com . I was just up there for 3 days and everyday I was there is was supposed to rain. We got some rain early one day and sprinkles through out the day on and off and then the next day no rain at all even though the morning forcast called for heavy rain.

Either way just saying, that place has some strange weather cycles that make the predictablility pretty tough!

Thanks for the weather update, just not sure what that has to do with Doucet playing or not??

:p

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wow, you are so well informed.
This is funny considering your next line....

And please, don't pretend Whiz is some amazing coach. Let's see how he does now that HE is facing adversity.

Losing Warner, Boldin, Rolle, Dansby and any quarterback that has a grasp of the offense outside of 4 months..

3-2 and on top of the division.

He seems to be handling it pretty well.

Carrol would have packed his bags for some Euro football team months ago if he was in whiz's shoes this summer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CANHawk

Reaction score
@Mulli: Y'know, the Greenies are a source of mixed emotion for many hawks fans. Yes, they're ugly. They're downright FUGLY, but when you see that crazy green colour, there's no denying what team that is. The green becomes something of a rallying point for us, much like the Donkos and those ugly orange jerseys they used to wear. The neon becomes our identity to a point. For all the teams that roll out a generic black third jersey so they can try to capture some of the Evil Raiders thunder from the 80's, I'm kinda glad we opted to be original and go in a completely different direction.

@DieHard: I don't think Coach Pete looks past anything. From what I hear he is very Grudenesque in his dedication to film study - he's not just a "rah rah" guy. He knows all about Beanie and Timmy (sounds kinda like a children's show) and he's been devising a scheme to nutrilize them all week. He's probably found film on Max all the way back to Pop Warner and knows what he's getting into with him too. Yes our secondary needs help, and your WR's have always scared me, but I can't see Max being on the same page with them to the point where they'll be able to function in spite of the crowd noise and the pressure Max will experience.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
This is funny considering your next line....

Losing Warner, Boldin, Rolle, Dansby and any quarterback that has a grasp of the offense outside of 4 months..

3-2 and on top of the division.

He seems to be handling it pretty well.

Carrol would have packed his bags for some Euro football team months ago if he was in whiz's this summer.

Additionally, after playing runner-up in the Super Bowl, he did something only one other coach had done since 2001 - that is get back to the post season the following year.
Adversity? Well, the odds were certainly stacked against him... ;)

Jesterhawk

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We just claim it rains all the time to stem the tide of Californians heading north.

Good to see a board with some activity, I'm only a few hours late to the party and we're almost at 4 pages. Beats the heck out of the Bears forum.

Surprised none of have made any latte jokes, those are pretty standard.

Whoever the mouthbreather was who said we put 8 in the box to stuff the run is an idiot. I don't care what you've heard or seen, our front 4 are stopping the run just fine. The packages with DBs in the box are called blitzes, its one of the ways we will sack young Mr. Hall on Sunday.

Beanie and HT will not see many yards...book it.

As far as Hawks fans coming out of the woodwork...we've been on this mission since week 1, its all in fun, stir the pot, and get to know some opposing fans. We have a few 9ers fans that still stop by and post once in awhile.

Your X and O discussion is decent, if homerish. Your smack is weak. Your team will fail you.

Honestly, I hope Max works out for you guys, that will be one mmore chance for a better QB to make it past the early rounds (where you will pick) to the later rounds (where we will pick).