After reading this Rolle can kiss my....

Feeble Mcjackson

Registered
Reaction score
From PFT

"Antrel Rolle says his decision to sign with the New York Giants was less about the money than it was about the attitude.

In fact, Rolle says, the Cardinals were willing to pay him just as much as the Giants, who signed him to a five-year, $37 million deal, an NFL record for a safety.

Ultimately, Rolle said when he met the media today, it came down to this: When he visited the Giants' facilities on Friday, he felt at home -- just as he did a decade ago when he went on a recruiting visit to the University of Miami and decided he wanted to be a Hurricane.

At first blush, that might sound a little strange: Giants coach Tom Coughlin is known as a strict disciplinarian, and the reputation of the Miami Hurricanes football program is not exactly one of strict discipline.

But Rolle said he's particularly thrilled to be playing with his fellow Hurricane Kenny Phillips, calling himself and Phillips "The best [safety tandem] in the league, hands down. Without a doubt.""

We offer that guy the same money, the same money to make him the highest paid safety and he turns it down! The team that converted him to safety and made him what he is! He can go to hell

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You also have to remember we just cut him to save 4 mil or whatever it was. I think he was hurt no matter how you slice it. Of course I am sure as hell glad we did, but there was little chance in hell he was going to re-up with a team that just dumped him.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You also have to remember we just cut him to save 4 mil or whatever it was. I think he was hurt no matter how you slice it. Of course I am sure as hell glad we did, but there was little chance in hell he was going to re-up with a team that just dumped him.

Hurt? Its business. I highly doubt he was "hurt"

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kenny Phillips and A. Rolle are the best tandem in the league? Sure buddy. That is a good one.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hurt? Its business. I highly doubt he was "hurt"
You and I can say it was business, but its pretty evident by the comments these guys make that they make way too many emotional decisions. All things being considered there is nothing wrong with his decision, but emotions played a role in it. Getting cut hurts. I don't care who you are.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

I agree

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a portion of his decision is based on being in the NY media spotlight. Of course if he gets injured or plays poorly then it could come back to haunt him.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He just got tired of Adrian cussing his ass out. He wanted to be big man in the secondary.

Early

Registered
Reaction score
Every year, my biggest wish is really that Cards win the Super Bowl. I think this year it is even bigger than that.

It would be so nice to see these players watch the Cards in playoffs when their team is out and preparing for offseason. Even better to se us send Giants out.

Karlos and Rolle and not great players and will be relatively easy to replace. They are nowhere near the complete package. Both suck in the rungame and have obvious leadership and loyality issues.

If we can get production from QB spot, wheter it be Leinart, a draftpick, or a vetertan starting, i have absolutely no worries about WILB and FS positions. I think Rashad Johsnon will be two times the player Rolle is, and i really believe that it is fairly easy to get a good LB early in the draft and plug him in. It's a position that is very protected and does not require dealing with lineman. You can easy get by with athleticism alone here, and a highly rated prospect can easy transition well in this role.

I think it's a great day for our franchise. Ironically, these posiitons (WR, WILB, FS) is the least of our worries. I know it will be talked about alot what happened today. But in my mind it shouldnt, cause we will have replacements ready and will probably even get better players. The true worry is QB position, and how that will sort out. That's a huge open question, and outcome of that will dictate the next season.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll never forgive him for the hundreds of extra yards he allowed with his pansy shoulder tackle attempts.

Goober Man

Ultra Vida Guerra Mojo
Reaction score
Isn't Kenny Phillips career at stake with his knee injury? Good luck with being the best 1 and 1/2 safety tandem in the league.

Anybody else still chuckle that they said Dre Bly and Champ Bailey was the best CB tandem in the league after Dre Bly signed with the Broncos?

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Amazing to me as this guy couldn't cover anyone at CB and was working on making himself a decent safety. This all world talk is actually funny. He will find screwing up in New York is different than Arizona. I was born in raised in Giant country and they will not be as kind when he screws up. Not with all of that cash dished out.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Isn't Kenny Phillips career at stake with his knee injury? Good luck with being the best 1 and 1/2 safety tandem in the league.

Anybody else still chuckle that they said Dre Bly and Champ Bailey was the best CB tandem in the league after Dre Bly signed with the Broncos?

It's all about them both coming from the U which is also enough to make you puke.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
He just got tired of Adrian cussing his ass out. He wanted to be big man in the secondary.

That's a great point that I haven't seen mentioned before. I bet that had a lot to do with his moving on.

Antron knows he will always be second fiddle to AW in AZ, both on the field and in the hearts of the fans.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Like it or not Adrian appears to have an overbearing personality on the field. Numerous times he and Antrel had shouting matches or heated debates. I do believe Rolle was the leader of the miami defense when he left. He wants to be the man.

Cody

i love defense
Reaction score
made him feel at home? or just sucked up to him

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
We'll see how "At Home" he feels next year when the New York media and populous eats him alive for putting up average numbers for elite money.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Very dissapointing that Rolle made some of these comments. Usually when you celebrate and praise your new team you do throw a bone to the former team.

I'm beginning to think that we need to stay away (as much as possible) from Florida players.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Eff him and I hope he enjoys what will be effectively less money considering the difference in tax structures and cost of living between AZ and NY. What a jackass.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Rolle is a 'me first' personality-----which will fit just fine with the NY 'me first' attitude.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
maybe Graves will grant you your wish & let DD & CC to become free agents.

That's why i put as much as possible ;)

I get a completely different vibe from CC then DD. I get this vibe sitting in my living room in Pa. so take that for what it's worth.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose