After reading this Rolle can kiss my....

PaulW

Veteran
Reaction score
Living in NJ, I'm surrouded with Giant Fans. One asked me about Rolle and I answered if he saw the next to last play of the Green Bay playoff game last year.
If Rolle is going to play SS as CARDSFANMD stated, he won't have to cover up on the outside receivers.
Mitch always said that Rolle would be a better SS than a FS. Maybe, we'll see.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rolle sucked at corner was average at FS and have no doubt that he will come no where near playing at the level that is now expected of him in NY even at SS. If he could play half as good as he talks he would be in the Pro Bowl every year. Last year he started whiffing on tackles again and taking poor angles.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Rolle sucked at corner was average at FS and have no doubt that he will come no where near playing at the level that is now expected of him in NY even at SS. If he could play half as good as he talks he would be in the Pro Bowl every year. Last year he started whiffing on tackles again and taking poor angles.

No way he brings the hurt like AW. Role has not shown the animal it takes to play SS.

Early

Registered
Reaction score
No way he brings the hurt like AW. Role has not shown the animal it takes to play SS.

Rolle has 14 missed tackles, is among the ones topping the NFL in that category. How many yards and YACs that has costed, i really don't know. He is no Strong safety. He shouldnt be free or strong, he should be called a weak safety. A safety that you hope will not ever be in a position to tackle but only cover. And only cover in zone, cause he struggles with man both from CB and safety position.

Adrian Wilson has 1 missed tackle. Now, that's a strong safety.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Rolle has 14 missed tackles, is among the ones topping the NFL in that category. How many yards and YACs that has costed, i really don't know. He is no Strong safety. He shouldnt be free or strong, he should be called a weak safety. A safety that you hope will not ever be in a position to tackle but only cover. And only cover in zone, cause he struggles with man both from CB and safety position.

Adrian Wilson has 1 missed tackle. Now, that's a strong safety.

This. I can't believe people here think he will be better than AW.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt the Giants is where he really wanted to be.. After Dansby took up all the Dolphins money, he couldnt go there anymore.. I tend to believe Rolle never wanted to be here.. The whole I wanna stay in AZ was a ploy to get to be a FA.. From the minute we drafted him he frowned about coming to AZ (literally on the tv on draft day he frowned).. And this whole mess that he is now a part of the best safety tandem is a slap in the face to Adrian Wilson.. Its people like Rolle that make me appreciate people like ADubb that much more..

And by no means is Rolle the best safety in the NFL.. So he shouldnt be getting paid like one..

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
I doubt the Giants is where he really wanted to be.. After Dansby took up all the Dolphins money, he couldnt go there anymore.. I tend to believe Rolle never wanted to be here.. The whole I wanna stay in AZ was a ploy to get to be a FA.. From the minute we drafted him he frowned about coming to AZ (literally on the tv on draft day he frowned).. And this whole mess that he is now a part of the best safety tandem is a slap in the face to Adrian Wilson.. Its people like Rolle that make me appreciate people like ADubb that much more..

And by no means is Rolle the best safety in the NFL.. So he shouldnt be getting paid like one..
This!

Early

Registered
Reaction score
This. I can't believe people here think he will be better than AW.

And he has arround the same percentage allowed of catches in coverage as Wilson.

I'm glad we are getting rid of these type of "me" players as Rolle and karlos that are heavely overrated.

The only concern is the QB spot. Becaue Warner was for real and one of the best in the game and he was all about the team and not "me". We will see wheter we will be able to replace him, i hope someone will, Leinart or someone else, i really don't care as long as we get someone that can.

Replacing Rolle and Dansby is going to be fairly easy.

I dont want to see Rackers gone either, that can be a problem as well in addition to QB.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

This just made me think of the Cards trading down to pass on Suggs. Suggs is awesome and he wanted to play for AZ in the worst way. I love the guys that love being Cardinals. You almost never have to question their heart.

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Eff him and I hope he enjoys what will be effectively less money considering the difference in tax structures and cost of living between AZ and NY. What a jackass.

As a long ago escapie from New Jersey I'll vouch for that. Throw in as mentioned the NY media and for good measure the crap weather. ENJOY the honeymoon ANTREL.

Last edited:

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
I hope he enjoys getting turned around by DeSean Jackson and Miles Austin in coverage twice a year.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
What's wrong with what Rolle said. These guys have some pride. If the money is the same why would you go with the team that just cut you? If the Cards were willing to pay him that, why didn't they do it sooner. I put the blame squarely on Graves, again. I get a kick out of all this Rolle bashing. Remember this when you see Rashard Johson stinking up the fild next year.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
$35 million? I still can't beleive that. What are the Giants doing, paying him a $1 per pass interference call?

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
Bottom line is that we got the better end of the deal. $37M over 5 years equates to $7.4M per year (and a purported #15M guaranteed). Way too much (JMO). We should be able to pick up a couple quality replacements for that money.

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
What's wrong with what Rolle said. These guys have some pride. If the money is the same why would you go with the team that just cut you? If the Cards were willing to pay him that, why didn't they do it sooner. I put the blame squarely on Graves, again. I get a kick out of all this Rolle bashing. Remember this when you see Rashard Johson stinking up the fild next year.

Now wait a minute. Rolle and the Cards had a buisness agreement not a marriage. Rolle agreed to the terms which allowed the Cards to "cut him" just like the Cards agreed to "pay him". Think how close he came to being a complete bust? He came to us as a "shut down corner" who couldn't shut anyone down. It was the move to SS that saved his career and gave him the opportunity to get that 2nd payday. I didn't expect him to go to NY and meet the media and talk about how great it was in AZ. Why didn't we pay him sooner? This is a tough economy to make these moves in. I'm pretty sure you're going to see the guys who signed yesterday as some of the relative few who'll make a "killing". The Cardinals have to be mindful of the bottom line like every other team in professional sports. This is not 1998. Whiz has given them a "taste" of the big time and led us to within 40 seconds of football immortality. Give them a chance to work their magic. Goodbye Rolle. He gaves us some thrills but now he's gone. If he can kiss our asses now it's not because he left but because he plays for the Giants now and I don't care any longer if he succeeds or not.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Now wait a minute. Rolle and the Cards had a buisness agreement not a marriage. Rolle agreed to the terms which allowed the Cards to "cut him" just like the Cards agreed to "pay him". Think how close he came to being a complete bust? He came to us as a "shut down corner" who couldn't shut anyone down. It was the move to SS that saved his career and gave him the opportunity to get that 2nd payday. I didn't expect him to go to NY and meet the media and talk about how great it was in AZ. Why didn't we pay him sooner? This is a tough economy to make these moves in. I'm pretty sure you're going to see the guys who signed yesterday as some of the relative few who'll make a "killing". The Cardinals have to be mindful of the bottom line like every other team in professional sports. This is not 1998. Whiz has given them a "taste" of the big time and led us to within 40 seconds of football immortality. Give them a chance to work their magic. Goodbye Rolle. He gaves us some thrills but now he's gone. If he can kiss our asses now it's not because he left but because he plays for the Giants now and I don't care any longer if he succeeds or not.
tough economy? The NFL is as recession proof as any business going. The economy is nothing but an easy excuse for the NFL. Did any Cards home games get blacked out? People were going to the stadium. Plus they have 6 extra playoff games revenues from the last 2 years.

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
tough economy? The NFL is as recession proof as any business going. The economy is nothing but an easy excuse for the NFL. Did any Cards home games get blacked out? People were going to the stadium. Plus they have 6 extra playoff games revenues from the last 2 years.
Where have you been? The Labor agreement is in the toilet. Jerry Jones and several others want to terminate revenue sharing, and there might not be another cap. Don't you think those things have to be taken into account? Do you think they should spend to the bottom line just because a player asks for "X" $. Dansby did not get what he was asking for and in the long run neither will Boldin. Rolle made a killing because the Giants were willing to go out on a limb for him.

ReddBird

Registered
Reaction score

This isn't about Rolle's pride. This is about his ego. By telling reporters that AZ would have matched this new contract -- and where's the proof of that? -- he's dissing the team that saved his career and made him an overpaid multi-millionaire.

The Rolle bashing isn't new, by the way. Look at last year's posts if you want to see Rolle bashing.

If Graves had paid the man what the NY Giants paid him, we'd all think he was crazy. In this case, Graves doesn't deserve any blame.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
On the one hand maybe you can argue this is a nice problem to have, but I wonder how Coughlin will like the fact that its literally impossible for Rolle to have a pick six without incurring a fifteen yard unsportsmanlike. You would think that he would have learned at some point, but as far as I can tell, he never did. Whis just let it go although I believe he was completely disgusted with it but knew there was no way to reach Rolle. I really don't think Coughlin will put up with it.

I'll always remember Rolle's facemask of Larry Johnson when we gave away that game in the last couple minutes. Its the only time I really just wanted to walk out on an NFL game when the outcome was in doubt. Just horrible.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave