After reading this Rolle can kiss my....

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not bitter to Rolle. He was a fave of mine, but now that he's gone. It's whatever.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
On the one hand maybe you can argue this is a nice problem to have, but I wonder how Coughlin will like the fact that its literally impossible for Rolle to have a pick six without incurring a fifteen yard unsportsmanlike. You would think that he would have learned at some point, but as far as I can tell, he never did. Whis just let it go although I believe he was completely disgusted with it but knew there was no way to reach Rolle. I really don't think Coughlin will put up with it.

I'll always remember Rolle's facemask of Larry Johnson when we gave away that game in the last couple minutes. Its the only time I really just wanted to walk out on an NFL game when the outcome was in doubt. Just horrible.

On the other hand I like to remember Rolle scooping up the fumble vs the Falcons and taking it to the house to help get the Cards back on the road to the Super Bowl after trying to give the game back to Atlanta.

No sense in being negative about a guy who played for us for 5 years, including the greatest season in modern Cardinal history, just because he left in free agency but that seems to be the norm around here no matter who the player is.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
On the other hand I like to remember Rolle scooping up the fumble vs the Falcons and taking it to the house to help get the Cards back on the road to the Super Bowl after trying to give the game back to Atlanta.

No sense in being negative about a guy who played for us for 5 years, including the greatest season in modern Cardinal history, just because he left in free agency but that seems to be the norm around here no matter who the player is.

If you were/are a big Rolle fan, so be it. He certainly made some great plays for us. No one was happier than I was when it happened. Nevertheless I always thought he was a mixed bag. From washing out at CB on down. I'm glad we didn't overpay for him. Maybe he'll prove I'm idiot by becoming an incredible bargain for the Giants. But I doubt it.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I'll always remember Rolle's facemask of Larry Johnson when we gave away that game in the last couple minutes. Its the only time I really just wanted to walk out on an NFL game when the outcome was in doubt. Just horrible.

Are your seriously trying to stick that loss on Rolle? had Rolle not committed a personal foul Johnson would have scored a TD.

That was a game Neil Rackers blew...not Antrell Rolle.

Rolle had his share of problems but it is just strange that you bring up that game as an example. I tend to think more of the 2 TDs against Cincy or the playoff TD against Atlanta...he was a good not great player who is still learning his position, no I don't think he is worth the contract he had but I sure as heck wouldn't be upset if he was still a Cardinal.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If you were/are a big Rolle fan, so be it. He certainly made some great plays for us. No one was happier than I was when it happened. Nevertheless I always thought he was a mixed bag. From washing out at CB on down. I'm glad we didn't overpay for him. Maybe he'll prove I'm idiot by becoming an incredible bargain for the Giants. But I doubt it.

Being a fan of Rolle or not is irrelevant. I just don't see why people suddenly start hating on guys and claiming they were worse than they were in Arizona simply because they signed somewhere else.

However, I could care less how Rolle plays in NY.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
Are your seriously trying to stick that loss on Rolle? had Rolle not committed a personal foul Johnson would have scored a TD.

That was a game Neil Rackers blew...not Antrell Rolle.

Rolle had his share of problems but it is just strange that you bring up that game as an example. I tend to think more of the 2 TDs against Cincy or the playoff TD against Atlanta...he was a good not great player who is still learning his position, no I don't think he is worth the contract he had but I sure as heck wouldn't be upset if he was still a Cardinal.

I understand I'll be on island for saying this but yeah, I'd rather see him give up a touchdown that make a tackle that way. I agree down to the word with everything you said after the word Atlanta except that I'd be nervous if he were a Cardinal and we had made him the highest paid player at his position. I admired the incredible game he had in Cinci but it it didn't make up for all the years he was largely disappointing.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
Being a fan of Rolle or not is irrelevant. I just don't see why people suddenly start hating on guys and claiming they were worse than they were in Arizona simply because they signed somewhere else.

And again since you are quoting me, you are misstating my position to say I'm suddenly hating on the guy. Thats not anywhere close to being true.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Who is "hating on him" most people just call him what he is an average S who was extremely overpayed. Many people have been calling him that for two years and all of last season. Thatscertainly nothing new. IMO we upgraded that position by trading Q and still have an extra 3rd rounder. I'm ecstatic!

Last edited:

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
Who is "hating on him" most be people just call him what he is an average S who was extremely overpayed. Many people have been calling him that for two years and all of last season. Thatscertainly nothing new. IMO we upgraded that position by trading Q and still have an extra 3rd rounder. I'm ecstatic!
I completely agree. FO gets a A+ for this move. Very excited. If we land Porter too... Could be better already then last year.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

Exactly. I don't remember too much Rolle bashing once he moved to FS. In fact, most people were happy with and predicting he'd be a Pro bowler within a couple years,which he was. He was bashed , deservedly so as a CB, but has turned into a very good FS and should only get better. It seems alot of people are basing Roll'es entire performance on an incomplete pass that Greg Jennings got behind him. These players can be replaced but it won't be easy. I'm just skeptical of thinking a guy who was benched,by probably the best defensive coach in the game, coming in here and being the equal of Rolle. Rhodes may turn out to be great but he could easily be bad as well.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with what Rolle said. These guys have some pride. If the money is the same why would you go with the team that just cut you? If the Cards were willing to pay him that, why didn't they do it sooner. I put the blame squarely on Graves, again. I get a kick out of all this Rolle bashing. Remember this when you see Rashard Johson stinking up the fild next year.

Bingo.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we offered him the same money and he chose to go to NY, I say thank you to Rolle.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Who is "hating on him" most people just call him what he is an average S who was extremely overpayed. Many people have been calling him that for two years and all of last season. Thatscertainly nothing new. IMO we upgraded that position by trading Q and still have an extra 3rd rounder. I'm ecstatic!

He just got tired of Adrian cussing his ass out. He wanted to be big man in the secondary.

I'll never forgive him for the hundreds of extra yards he allowed with his pansy shoulder tackle attempts.

Eff him and I hope he enjoys what will be effectively less money considering the difference in tax structures and cost of living between AZ and NY. What a jackass.

Eff you, Rolle. I hope you get torched and are out of the league by the end of your contract.

$35 million? I still can't beleive that. What are the Giants doing, paying him a $1 per pass interference call?

its literally impossible for Rolle to have a pick six without incurring a fifteen yard unsportsmanlike.

Take these and the title of the thread and you can see where I might get the impression people are "hating" on him.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how Rolle does when Adrian doesn't cover him. When AW was yelling at Rolle, it was usually because Rolle screwed up. Now he won't have anyone to check him, which may mean Rolle's lined up differently or what not, or simply more mental mistakes will be made, and Rolle by himself or as a leader might be a half a notch lower than he was here at his best.

Again he better keep his nose clean or the media will have no problem ripping into the highest paid safety who might miss a year with substance abuse issues.

Greg Jennings is a great receiver.

Rolle was cut based on his contract. One he signed and knew would be an issue. Same for the cards. When it came to shove, he wasn't going to be paid 12 million. Only an idiot would get upset with that, especially when we were offering, the same money, if not more after taxes then he got from NY.

No, if he got angry, that's HIS character flaw, and one that might lead him to be a poorer on the field performer. No sane man would get mad at the Cardinals. Only if they were drinking their own kool-aid. He was. So it's own fault for being 'butt hurt'.

I wish Rolle the best, but my guess is he's a petty person, because his actions are that of a petty person. Anyone want petty people on this team? Every team has them, but the fewer you have the better your TEAM is.

We got rid of 2-3 of them. Our TEAM is better. Our talent is poorer, but we're in a great position to be net positive from these defections by the end of April, let alone future years from having capspace/or money available for players we actually need to keep.

We dodged a bullet, and that gun is now pointing at the NYG. Good luck with that. Stick with Pepsi, ditch the coke.

Last edited:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Rolle just said on the Radio that he never felt at Home in Arizona.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rolle just said on the Radio that he never felt at Home in Arizona.

He likes humidity and not a dry heat. His favorite color is not RED. He has a phobia of cactus needles.
I'm not gonna take this personally and it does help explain why he accepted similar $ from the Giants instead of staying a Card.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
While Rolle is making backhanded insults towards AZ, Rhodes is doing one last signing for his NY fans.

That is an upgrade in and of itself.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson