Neil Rackers strikes again!

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rackers atoned for his miss...the pooch was perfect and the game clincher FG too.

agreed...the pooch made up for the mistake

I have no more faith in Rackers. I used to EXPECT him to make it...now I expect him to miss it.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
So no one should get props for having a nice game then?

You Rackers haters get more rediculous by the post.

And its different for the NR jock club? Anybody can see this guy is a head case, and really is there any further need to debate this issue with you? Because if you don't reconize it now, you probably won't ever. At least not until he cost us a big game. I notice a lot of the NR fan club isn't in on this one.

I'll make you a deal, you stay out of the NR hate threads and I'll stay out of the NR love fest thread. Because I believe your just try to bait us into a arguement. I know you watch more football then your leading us to believe. Because if you truely believe that every FG made was a perfect snap, and hold, then TIVO more games.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow, you are very sensitive to a little ribbing.
Yeah, I am sorry. I went a bit too far there. As soon as I posted it I tried to go back an dtone it down some, but others had already quoted me. Didn't mean to come off so abrasive.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Still hyperboling. I said give me specific instances of kickers who were given a bad snap/hold and still made the kick.

I will take 3 instances last season to cover the "all the time" statement. You need to stop looking at numbers, making assumptions, and then using said assumptions to back up poor arguements.
I'm just going to go out on a limb and say out of those 129/129 made kicks that there were more than a few bad snaps or holds. If you want to assume that all 129 were perfect :rolleyes: then you're right,Rackers is not at fault at all.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
How are you determining if they had bad snaps/holds? How many were? You can't just throw out kickers that were perfect and assume they had bad snaps/holds.
you'd be naive to think that weren't any bad snaps or holds out of 129 kicks.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
HTF do you miss a 32yrdr!!!?? Granted the idiot Cardinals get a dely of game, but COME ON!!

From what the announcer said and what I saw the snap was a little high and the holder had the ball to close to his body. This could easily mess up the kicker. This one is not all on Rackers. Before he even kicked it as I was looking at the holder and the ball a thought occurred to me that this could go bad.

Seems their kicker who did not miss a kick last year under 50 yds was no good as posted by many on the board. Kickers can be great one year and not so great the next. Besides your head you have to have a good holder, a good center, and some time together. In the end it is always laid on the kicker.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
From what the announcer said and what I saw the snap was a little high and the holder had the ball to close to his body. This could easily mess up the kicker. This one is not all on Rackers. Before he even kicked it as I was looking at the holder and the ball a thought occurred to me that this could go bad.

Seems their kicker who did not miss a kick last year under 50 yds was no good as posted by many on the board. Kickers can be great one year and not so great the next. Besides your head you have to have a good holder, a good center, and some time together. In the end it is always laid on the kicker.

I hope everybody is watching the game tonight. The packers regular long snapper and holder were injured during the last preseason game. So tonight Crosby is kicking with both a new holder and snapper. They should just go for it on fouth down and extra points. Because according to the appologists they are doomed.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope everybody is watching the game tonight. The packers regular long snapper and holder were injured during the last preseason game. So tonight Crosby is kicking with both a new holder and snapper. They should just go for it on fouth down and extra points. Because according to the appologists they are doomed.

I am stuck at work with no TV :(

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW...

To call people haters was unfair and wrong. For that I apologize.

I also consider it fairly wrong to call someone "an apologist" or a "jocker" just because they have a different point of view than you.

Reaction score
I think we should send Neal Vanderjagt out of town on the first bus before he gets us beat. After a kicker gets his head turned around 90% of the time they don't get it back. IMHO :mulli:

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
you'd be naive to think that weren't any bad snaps or holds out of 129 kicks.

The point was to identify how many were. It is laughable that you guys make assumptions and back it up with "well they couldn't all have been perfect". Chris asked for three instances and you failed to provide them. "Oh we would have to look at actual games rather than throw crap out there!" Just maybe you should contact a real NFL kicker before you spout off just how easy it is.

For what it's worth, I don't care that he missed it. He made 3 of 4 and the rest of the kicking game couldn't have been played better. MY team won with a TOTAL TEAM effort. Stew in your hatred for Rackers. I just wonder why you're not all over Fitz, Warner, Boldin, Edge or the entire defense. They made mistakes. Passes were dropped. Runs were stuffed. The 49'ers actually scored points against us. Why aren't you shopping for players that are perfect to replace them?

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Stew in your hatred for Rackers. I just wonder why you're not all over Fitz, Warner, Boldin, Edge or the entire defense. They made mistakes. Passes were dropped. Runs were stuffed. The 49'ers actually scored points against us. Why aren't you shopping for players that are perfect to replace them?
Those guys have all shown to be multiple probowl players and have a record of success. Rackers has shown, other than 1 year, to be a below average FG kicker and an even worse one when the game is on the line. I hope Rackers makes all his kicks.I'm more tired of the excuses. Last year it was he didn't like his holder.This year on his first miss it was the snap and hold. The point is,true profesional kickers deal with new holders,bad snaps/holds and still succeed. Rackers seems like a golfer,when he misses a putt, blames his caddie,a spike mark, or anything other than the fact that he hit a bad putt.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
BTW...

To call people haters was unfair and wrong. For that I apologize.

I also consider it fairly wrong to call someone "an apologist" or a "jocker" just because they have a different point of view than you.

Sucks being a mod. I couldn't be that P.C.

You can call me a hater if you want :D

Rackers has been labeled like it or not. My first knee jerk re-action was to try and blow his head off with telepathy when he missed that 32 yarder. Thank goodness I have no mind powers cause he played well for the rest of the game.

Rackers has pained this team and the fans deeply....VERY deeply. It is a label he will have to deal with and has a lot of work ahead of him to heal those wounds.

So, every FG missed inside 45 will be ripped to shreds, IMO.

I personally am going to try to show some patience.......(fffffft, I am telling myself right now "Good luck with that')

Last edited: