lol @ how dirty the Spurs play..

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
ginosely.. bowen.. grabbing and pulling tripping.. flopping.. its pretty ridiculous.. i wish someone would take a bat to bowens knees and put him out of the league for good..

God i would love to crush them out of the finals..

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
Defense wins championships! Did you not see Dallas play it the same way? As if Josh Howard & Jason Terry play like angels.

This is the NBA...NO BABIES ALLOWED. That is the way you need to play, don't believe me...ask Shaq!

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Defense wins championships! Did you not see Dallas play it the same way? As if Josh Howard & Jason Terry play like angels.

This is the NBA...NO BABIES ALLOWED. That is the way you need to play, don't believe me...ask Shaq!
I'd rather ask "No shot" Bob. I believe he may an authority on doing whatever it takes to win despite rules,regulations, and being a washed up has been.

OP
OP
P

Phade

Registered
Reaction score

technicality won you a championship last year.. not defense.. and if i ever catch horry in public i'm throwing an entire pizza at his ugly ass face..

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I usually find it totally unacceptable to pull for a player to get injured. I never root for a player to get hurt so they can't play anymore, I usually find that totally classless.

Bruce Bowen is one of the few exceptions to that rule. Bruce Bowen is the dirtiest player in sports history and he deserves anything that happens to him.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I usually find it totally unacceptable to pull for a player to get injured. I never root for a player to get hurt so they can't play anymore, I usually find that totally classless.

Bruce Bowen is one of the few exceptions to that rule. Bruce Bowen is the dirtiest player in sports history and he deserves anything that happens to him.

Where's Randy Livingston when you need him?

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Robby's contributions tonight.

9:30 minutes
0 points
0-2 FG
1 rebound
0 assists
1 steal
3 personal fouls
and for those that put any emphasis on plus/minus.........-14
Wow. Actually those numbers look similar to Diaw's per 48 min.
LOL!

OP
OP
P

Phade

Registered
Reaction score

i usually dont watch spurs games cause i despise them so much.. watched them tonight bowen and ginosely were being cheap the whole game.. flopping grabbing.. holding.. throwing bows.. i love that thing where bowen puts his foot underneath the other player during a jump shot.. i swear i have no clue why someone hasn't knocked his face loose yet..

makes me so angry to watch that team..

Agloco

Veteran
Reaction score
ginosely.. bowen.. grabbing and pulling tripping.. flopping.. its pretty ridiculous.. i wish someone would take a bat to bowens knees and put him out of the league for good..

God i would love to crush them out of the finals..

That would seem to be the only way to keep him from swatting shots into the bleachers......

I love it when people hate on BB. It tells me he's doing his job effectively.

Agloco

Veteran
Reaction score

If you MUST whine about him, then at least call him the second dirtiest player in history.......

Remember that guy Bill Laimbeer?

Kody Rumin

Registered
Reaction score

Agreed. Simply because I've seen him try to hurt his opponent several times. I love great defense. I love trash talking. I love getting into your opponent's head. But you don't hurt your opponent on purpose. Bowen and Horry can both rot.

French Fries

Mangaworm
Reaction score
If you MUST whine about him, then at least call him the second dirtiest player in history.......

bowen, laimbeer, mahorn etc. they are dirty. dirty as can be and i wouldn't want to play against them BUT i'll gladly take them in my team...

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
technicality won you a championship last year.. not defense.. and if i ever catch horry in public i'm throwing an entire pizza at his ugly ass face..

Yeah sure you would...You'd figure out in a hurry you're no longer all safe behind your little monitor and not near as tough as you thought you were.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If nothing else i'd probably break my ribs with laughter watching Horry's skinny a$$ get snapped in two at the hands of Shaq if he pulls any crap this year. I don't forsee little Bob doing anything though....
.......taunting,hip-checking.....scoring,rebounding,blocking shots......anything at all.
He's done and he's a *****
You must be registered for see images

some_user86

Reaction score
If nothing else i'd probably break my ribs with laughter watching Horry's skinny a$$ get snapped in two at the hands of Shaq if he pulls any crap this year. I don't forsee little Bob doing anything though....
.......taunting,hip-checking.....scoring,rebounding,blocking shots......anything at all.
He's done and he's a *****
You must be registered for see images

Horry and Shaq are still pretty good friends from their Lakers days. It'll be cordial, and if anything, any crap that either one of them pulls will just bring smiles to both of their faces, letting them remember the glory days of the threepeat Lakers. They had been together a long time, after all: 1996-2003 (more than they have been with any of their other teams).

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Horry and Shaq are still pretty good friends from their Lakers days. It'll be cordial, and if anything, any crap that either one of them pulls will just bring smiles to both of their faces, letting them remember the glory days of the threepeat Lakers. They had been together a long time, after all: 1996-2003 (more than they have been with any of their other teams).
Dude, thats a sweet story and all but if Horry tries to get cute Shaq isn't gonna play nice when it comes to the heat of the battle going after another title. Especially given the history between these two teams.
Let me also add that Shaq knows why he was brought here and it wasn't to smile at old friends that like to give out hip-checks to small guys.

Last edited:

BeeBeard

Throw some Bees on that.
Reaction score

That's unfair to Laimbeer. Laimbeer would step on people's shoes so they couldn't get rebounds. He would grab jerseys, throw elbows, get inside of people's heads. He was about as dirty as they got. And yet, he was a gifted shooter and a 10/10 big man who could knock down clutch 3's, clutch free throws. The man was a competitor.

Compare and contrast to Bruce Bowen, who is a player with so little ability that he was nearly bounced out of the league years ago. He had no jump shot, couldn't knock down free throws--couldn't do much of anything of value to a basketball team. So Bruce decided that he would hand check, trip, gouge, and hack the living hell out of anybody he was matched up against. He's tried to carve out a niche for himself as some sort of tough guy perimeter defender. And so the NBA kept him.

To his credit, he has worked tirelessly on the corner 3-point shot that you see him take all the time, and he spent an entire season working on nothing but his free throw shooting. It's Bruce Bowen still trying to justify his presence on the floor.

And try as he might, the man still lacks fundamental basketball skills. He can take and make a three pointer only because it's a measured shot that he practices every day--not because he's some sort of shooter who can hit from anywhere on the floor. If you watch him enough, you'll notice that if a single thing is different from the motion he practices: foot position, floor position, defender's position--he will miss the shot. I've seen this phenomenon in person at pregame shootarounds. And to this day, I'd still say that people like Bruce Bowen have no place in the league.

Last edited:

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Dude, thats a sweet story and all but if Horry tries to get cute Shaq isn't gonna play nice when it comes to the heat of the battle going after another title. Especially given the history between these two teams.
Let me also add that Shaq knows why he was brought here and it wasn't to smile at old friends that like to give out hip-checks to small guys.

Yep. Even tho Shaq claims Raja as one of his good friends, it didn't stop him from putting his foot out underneath him and injuring his ankle when they played in Miami. That same game Shaq was throwing elbows like crazy at Amare.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would seem to be the only way to keep him from swatting shots into the bleachers......

I love it when people hate on BB. It tells me he's doing his job effectively.

Swatting shots into the bleachers?
You must be registered for see images attach

I have NEVER remembered Bowen putting a shot into the bleachers with any kind of authority. The guy has averaged 0.4 blocks for his career.

Bowen knows how to get around the rules that the league installed on the perimeter. He has a reputation of being a good defender, so they do not call those hand checks, the grabbing, pulling that he does. We have all seen the dirty moves that he has done.

Get out of here.

BeeBeard

Throw some Bees on that.
Reaction score
Swatting shots into the bleachers?
You must be registered for see images attach

I have NEVER remembered Bowen putting a shot into the bleachers with any kind of authority. The guy has averaged 0.4 blocks for his career.

Bowen knows how to get around the rules that the league installed on the perimeter. He has a reputation of being a good defender, so they do not call those hand checks, the grabbing, pulling that he does. We have all seen the dirty moves that he has done.

Get out of here.

My favorite part about last night's game was that whenever the Spurs would complain about calls--I mean really complain non-stop, complete with the hand gestures and "Who me?" faces of shock, TNT would show the replay and sure enough, the right call was made, and the foul was even worse than it looked during play.

Bowen had a "Who me?" moment last night where he was whistled for mugging Dirk. It was hilarious because the replay actually showed him literally grabbing and tugging on Dirk's jersey as fast as possible, and then quickly retracting his arm into a common defensive position. Yeah, "Who me?" indeed, you freaking punk.

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
You guys just can't let it go.
Compare and contrast to Bruce Bowen, who is a player with so little ability that he was nearly bounced out of the league years ago.
Ummmm.....
2000-01:
Named to the NBA All-Defensive Second Team
2001-02:
Earned a spot on the NBA All-Defensive Team for the second straight season
2002-03:
Led the NBA in 3PT-FG percentage with a .441 (101-229) mark from downtown ... named to the NBA All-Defensive Second Team for the third straight season
2003-04:
Named to the NBA All-Defensive First Team
2004-05:
Named to the All-Defensive First Team for the second straight season
2005–06: Earned All-Defensive First Team honors for the third straight season … finished second in Defensive Player of the Year voting

2006–07: Named to the All-Defensive First Team for the fourth consecutive season … finished second in voting for Defensive Player of the Year … only Spur to start all 82 games … enters the 2007–08 season with a streak of 436 consecutive games played – and started – which is the longest active streak in the NBA as well as a Spurs franchise record

And the streak continues. If all he does is cheap shot you, then why is it, he is placed on the All D team year-after-year? Why is it does Raja Bell train with Bruce in Florida in the off-season? If you knew about the guy's childhood, you'd see he is a winner in every sense of the word for all he's made of himself despite growing up in a bad situation in Fresno.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose