lol @ how dirty the Spurs play..

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to see more than one highlight of a Bruce Bowen block into the bleachers.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Defense wins championships! Did you not see Dallas play it the same way? As if Josh Howard & Jason Terry play like angels.

This is the NBA...NO BABIES ALLOWED. That is the way you need to play, don't believe me...ask Shaq!

Never saw josh howard or terry kick a player in the face when he was shooting like bowen did. As a suns fan I also dont see those guys as guys who area consistent threat to sub their defensive assignment. And finally those guys are vulnerable on offense, they drive the lane, so retribution is possible if they did play cheap. Bowen is a coward, a guy who takes cheapshots at others but isnt vulnerable himself as all he does on offense is spot up from 3.

OP
OP
P

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
You guys just can't let it go.
Ummmm.....
2000-01:
Named to the NBA All-Defensive Second Team
2001-02:
Earned a spot on the NBA All-Defensive Team for the second straight season
2002-03:
Led the NBA in 3PT-FG percentage with a .441 (101-229) mark from downtown ... named to the NBA All-Defensive Second Team for the third straight season
2003-04:
Named to the NBA All-Defensive First Team
2004-05:
Named to the All-Defensive First Team for the second straight season
2005–06: Earned All-Defensive First Team honors for the third straight season … finished second in Defensive Player of the Year voting

2006–07: Named to the All-Defensive First Team for the fourth consecutive season … finished second in voting for Defensive Player of the Year … only Spur to start all 82 games … enters the 2007–08 season with a streak of 436 consecutive games played – and started – which is the longest active streak in the NBA as well as a Spurs franchise record

And the streak continues. If all he does is cheap shot you, then why is it, he is placed on the All D team year-after-year? Why is it does Raja Bell train with Bruce in Florida in the off-season? If you knew about the guy's childhood, you'd see he is a winner in every sense of the word for all he's made of himself despite growing up in a bad situation in Fresno.

why does he knee nash in the balls.. why does he 'accidentally' slide his foot underneath opponents feet during a jump shot..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLgHeeOZJFI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc4yz__akIU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdxXvkMB6gA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drPQkEsM8uM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J2SDouIqtA

Bynum3000

Reaction score
Bowen is a dirty player, but then again Bell ain't no saint himself. And before you guys have a heart attack, even Kobe has had his less than stellar moments on a basketball court.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bowen is a dirty player, but then again Bell ain't no saint himself. And before you guys have a heart attack, even Kobe has had his less than stellar moments on a basketball court.

Hell, even Nash has done some pretty dirty things. For anyone, even a Spurs fan to say that Bowen hasn't been dirty is just plan stupid.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
the spurs are so dirty that they just traded for a former suns player named dirty.

Bynum3000

Reaction score
Hell, even Nash has done some pretty dirty things. For anyone, even a Spurs fan to say that Bowen hasn't been dirty is just plan stupid.

Yeah Nash has been known to use his soccer skills on a basketball court. All teams have dirty players, but I do agree that Bowen is on the top of that list with how he slides his foot so gracefully under a shooters jumper.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
The Suns player dont get close enough to a player on defense to do something dirty so we'll never be classified as a dirty team. We are NBA's equivalent to flag football. :)

Bowen is one dirty ****.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
I usually find it totally unacceptable to pull for a player to get injured. I never root for a player to get hurt so they can't play anymore, I usually find that totally classless.

Bruce Bowen is one of the few exceptions to that rule. Bruce Bowen is the dirtiest player in sports history and he deserves anything that happens to him.

What did Bowen ever do? Do he clothesline Kobe? Have you heard of Bill Laimbeer? Jeff Ruland? Rick Mahorn? Dennis Rodman? Jason "Nut Punching" Terry? Danny Fortson?

Oh wait, you are a Suns fan, who consider playing defense "dirty".

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
technicality won you a championship last year.. not defense.. and if i ever catch horry in public i'm throwing an entire pizza at his ugly ass face..

I would say it's more stupidity of opponents that won the Spurs a championship last year.
And who do you mean by "you", I am not sure MIB got a ring or anything.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
i usually dont watch spurs games cause i despise them so much.. watched them tonight bowen and ginosely were being cheap the whole game.. flopping grabbing.. holding.. throwing bows.. i love that thing where bowen puts his foot underneath the other player during a jump shot.. i swear i have no clue why someone hasn't knocked his face loose yet..

makes me so angry to watch that team..

Nice examples of saying nothing and everything all at once!

I swear, I was watching Suns game, and it was disgusting how the Suns were flopping grabbing .. holding.. throwing bows.. clotheslining people.. I love that thing where nash acts like he got shot out of a cannon to exaggerate contact without factoring in his teammates' IQ or ability to follow simple rules. i swear, oh, wait, people already knocked Nash's face loose last year, and went on to win a championship.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
Agreed. Simply because I've seen him try to hurt his opponent several times. I love great defense. I love trash talking. I love getting into your opponent's head. But you don't hurt your opponent on purpose. Bowen and Horry can both rot.

Tape anyone? Since when did Bowen try to hurt people on purpose?
And Horry? Puhleeeze, a hip check is trying to hurt your opponents on purpose?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tape anyone? Since when did Bowen try to hurt people on purpose?
And Horry? Puhleeeze, a hip check is trying to hurt your opponents on purpose?

do we REALLY need to bring up the knee to the groin, or the sliding his foot under Amare after a shot, or him kicking at his heel?

I can youtube them if you really need it.

Barkley swinging his elbows around to clear space after a rebound could be considered a "Basketball move." If he hits someone, he hurt him "on purpose." You are barking up the wrong tree on this one.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
If nothing else i'd probably break my ribs with laughter watching Horry's skinny a$$ get snapped in two at the hands of Shaq if he pulls any crap this year. I don't forsee little Bob doing anything though....
.......taunting,hip-checking.....scoring,rebounding,blocking shots......anything at all.
He's done and he's a *****
You must be registered for see images

You mean the same Shaq who:
1) Got in an argument with Bill Laimbeer and cheap shot peace maker Alvin Robertson (who also happen to be MUCH smaller than Laimbeer)?
2) Got frustrated with Oakley's hard foul, and tried to take it out on Brad Miller (missed punch)?
3) Tried to stare down Sir Charles and subsequently got his ass kicked?
4) Picked on Shawn Bradley throughout his career?

Learn your history about Shaq.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
Never saw josh howard or terry kick a player in the face when he was shooting like bowen did. As a suns fan I also dont see those guys as guys who area consistent threat to sub their defensive assignment. And finally those guys are vulnerable on offense, they drive the lane, so retribution is possible if they did play cheap. Bowen is a coward, a guy who takes cheapshots at others but isnt vulnerable himself as all he does on offense is spot up from 3.

Kicking others in the face is definitely a cheapshot, while clotheslining people is an act worthy of the highest glory in the league!
Long live Bell!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean the same Shaq who:
1) Got in an argument with Bill Laimbeer and cheap shot peace maker Alvin Robertson (who also happen to be MUCH smaller than Laimbeer)?
2) Got frustrated with Oakley's hard foul, and tried to take it out on Brad Miller (missed punch)?
3) Tried to stare down Sir Charles and subsequently got his ass kicked?
4) Picked on Shawn Bradley throughout his career?

Learn your history about Shaq.

Shaq going after Brad Mill with a haymaker that missed is a big one.

How many people are here trying to defend Shaq for not being dirty? What mojo is implying IS DIRTY.

You are still barking up the wrong tree.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kicking others in the face is definitely a cheapshot, while clotheslining people is an act worthy of the highest glory in the league!
Long live Bell!

Geez man. You are saying that Bowen isn't dirty. You should be arguing that Bowen AND other players are dirty, not that these players are dirty and Bowen isn't.

It's not that hard.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
do we REALLY need to bring up the knee to the groin, or the sliding his foot under Amare after a shot, or him kicking at his heel?

I can youtube them if you really need it.

Barkley swinging his elbows around to clear space after a rebound could be considered a "Basketball move." If he hits someone, he hurt him "on purpose." You are barking up the wrong tree on this one.

Knee to the groin was a FOUL, he got called for it. Nash got into his space and Bowen swung, nothing different from an elbow swing.

And when did he slide his foot under Amare? I probably missed that.

Kicking his heel? It was absolutely GOLD, Amare didn't say anything during the game, and came out AFTER reviewing the tape. I know the guy is a little on the dumb side, but don't tell me that "kick" didn't register for a day. Then he quickly retracted when people pointed out how puss he is for complaining about it. WNBA is probably way more physical for your "enforcer" Amare.

And nice you brought up Barkley's elbows, how many times did Barkley hurt people with his elbows/knees, and how many times did Bowen do it? Perhaps your Suns legend is even dirtier than the "dirtiest" player in basketball history ..... I can't believe I forgot Karl Malone and John Stockton in the previous list.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
Shaq going after Brad Mill with a haymaker that missed is a big one.

How many people are here trying to defend Shaq for not being dirty? What mojo is implying IS DIRTY.

You are still barking up the wrong tree.

When did I say he was dirty? I said he is not the enforcer that people make him out to be.

And what the heck are you talking about barking up the wrong tree? That I am trying to tell people who consider every non-Suns player to be dirty that Bowen is not the dirtiest player in league history?

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
Geez man. You are saying that Bowen isn't dirty. You should be arguing that Bowen AND other players are dirty, not that these players are dirty and Bowen isn't.

It's not that hard.

Not the dirtiest player in league history != not dirty.
Just because I am saying Suns are not the softest team in league history (doubtful) doesn't mean that they are not soft.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You said he didn't try to hurt people on purpose. I listed instances where myself, and quite a few others disagree with you.

You can't tell me that Bowen sticking out his foot so that shooters on the way down don't come down on it, isn't trying to hurt people on purpose. (you could tell me, but then I wouldn't believe you)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, thats a sweet story and all but if Horry tries to get cute Shaq isn't gonna play nice when it comes to the heat of the battle going after another title. Especially given the history between these two teams.
Let me also add that Shaq knows why he was brought here and it wasn't to smile at old friends that like to give out hip-checks to small guys.

Where does this concept of Shaq being an enforcer come from? He's really not. Sure, he'll slap an Ostertag once in a while, but he's not going to be the guy who comes to the defense of a teammate.