Zaven Collins arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
No denying his actions were stupid. That said his relatively quick release with no additional charges filed (public records should have shown) would seem to indicate we know the full extent of the foolishness. I think it’s unlikely he gets any thing other than a severe warning for his behavior from the NFL. The Cards are limited in their response by the NFLPA agreement.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe he was pulling a "Tiger Woods" moment. We know how that ended up. 75 in a 35 mph zone.

Last edited:

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just clarifying why it's an arrestable offense rather than getting a ticket handed to you and being told to continue on your way.

Any misdemeanor ticket is an “arrestible” offense. If you don’t think so, just refuse to sign the ticket:rolleyes:.

I would think most officers would strongly consider arresting someone who just committed (in the officer’s opinion) an 8 point violation. Another one might be excessive speeding such as 90 or 100 mph+, maybe. Putting other people in the vehicle, especially children at risk, would also strengthen the possibility. Lots of possibilities

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except he wasn’t in a neighborhood and didn’t hit anything. Ifs and butts...

It's a street with either homes or apartments on each side. Lots of seniors in the area. People walking their dogs. Crossing the road at the canal, etc. Many reasons for it being only 35 MPH.

You must be registered for see images attach

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have you ever been hungover? Hungover people don’t do anything fast, including driving.

Totally agree, even in my twenties after a hangover I used to drive really slow, but it doesn't mean I wasnt dangerous for others drivers
Being stupid like I was, I put my life in danger couple of times, learned the lesson after crushing my car against a tree, I never took my car if I was going to get drunk or I didn't get drunk if I was with my car

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was just told that for a reckless driving ticket that there is speed involved plus two other moving violations. 76 in a 35 zone is criminal speed. By itself, it does not constitute reckless driving.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
DWash 2.0

Someone had to be stupid enough to say it, and I am that man. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think back to the things we used to do, growing up in Africa and man is still in awe how he survived. Drunk & hanging on to door of truck doing 100 plus on highway for example. It still gives me cold shivers what youth combined with cheap & easy to obtain liquor can do. Add on law enforcement that is all about the bribe & who generally don't care smh

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Not saying what he did is right, but I see people on my street, I have the third lot in my subdivision, so some people are in such a big hurry to get home, get to work, etc., I swear they are easily doing 50 in a 25 in front of my house all day! My house is after the first turn into the houses, and you can hear people revving up to pick up speed, too. It's stupid because my street is only one block, then it t-bones into a park, and you have to make a sharp turn again! So they are going 50 for literally less than a block.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not to excuse him, but Chaparral really should be 45 MPH on that stretch if they were consistent with other local streets of the same type. East of Scottsdale Road it is 4 lanes, and all other similar roads (as well as other stretches of Chaparral) are 45 MPH.

I would guarantee that most drivers are doing 45-55 on that stretch.

that’s a far cry from 76.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If there was anyone here I'd have to put money on simultaneously clutching their pearls and getting on their high horse it's Ouchie.

I'm sure you're also one of those piling on Billy Ailish for a song she sang when 13.

A 22 year old country boy sped on a wide straight road in an area he hardly knows. It was stupid and not unexpected. End of story.
Well if there was someone here who obviously doesn’t give an ish about people it’s you. Congrats on being an awful member of society . . . one in which you don’t live and from what I know don’t have family or friends.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Except he wasn’t in a neighborhood and didn’t hit anything. Ifs and butts...

Oh sweet! So how about a take a shortcut through the playground at 75 mph! As long as I don't hit anyone were good! Those kids need some excitement!!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
In an alternate reality I, and I would bet that a lot of you, did things when young that resulted in other's death. We were lucky to get away with it in this universe/reality. I still shudder at the thought of things I did as a teen/young adult that should have resulted in god knows what all. Some of us were very very lucky to get away with no injuries or deaths, not to mention jail time.

My worst was leaving a party in Australia after consuming a few beers. The problem was I didn't drink, and since I just moved there I didn't know that Fosters was more powerful than our weak stuff. I have know memory whatsoever of leaving the party, driving 30 miles home down a two lane coastal highway overlooking the ocean, where in Australia they drive on the opposite side of the road. I woke up the next morning in my bed with all my clothes on except my shoes, which I never did find. How I ever got home in one piece, didn't drive off a cliff or run head on to someone while driving on the wrong side of the little winding road, is still beyond me. Seems like a miracle to this day. As my signature caption below says:
The difference between some posters is that some of us would have said we deserved to get severely punished and raked over coals and then not do it again and some other posters would’ve gotten defensive and yelled “I’m just a kid! Don’t blame me! Hand me another beer’”

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m not trying to excuse what he did but I see people driving the speed limit every day on their phones and being wayyyy more reckless than someone speeding in a high end automobile and paying attention...
Love when people add “facts” that they have no way of knowing to strengthen a weak argument.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's a street with either homes or apartments on each side. Lots of seniors in the area. People walking their dogs. Crossing the road at the canal, etc. Many reasons for it being only 35 MPH.

The “didn’t hit anything” is a terrible argument bc prior to committing the offense they have no idea that’s going to be the case and they took the risk to others anyway.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's not the end of the world, but his response is going to impact my opinion of him more than the dumb mistake.

Just do the right thing and show you understand why it's a problem. If I hear any excuses, or an attitude like he is somehow above criticism...them I'm already out on this guy.

Reaction score
Very stupid and he's lucky he didn't hurt/kill anyone. Even on a Sunday morning, that area can be pretty congested. I wonder if the reckless charge is just because of the speed or if he was zipping in and out of traffic at all? Maybe more details will come out.

Personally, I avoid that stretch of road. Take Hayden or Pima if you want to go faster (45 MPH). Or the 101 (65 MPH, but most go 80 MPH). That's the one part of the East Valley that has West Valley speed limits of 35/40 MPH on a main road.

Huh? He was travelling east/west. Hayden & Pima are north/south roads.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Same with McDowell Road, Hayden Road, etc, and they are all 45 MPH. Chaparral has a freeway exit. It's a major road. At some point, a resident must have had something on the mayor to get it changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA