Zach Collins

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns could do worse than draft Zach Collins if the Suns decide to address the center/PF position. This would likely involve a trade-down. Collins is not a stiff and stands 6'10 1/4 inches without shoes. He is very mobile with excellent size and strength.

If the Suns want size, scoring and defense, he is an option.

Here is a description from NBADraft.Net:

Strengths: Young center with excellent size and coordination ... Runs the floor well possessing very good mobility ... Has a great frame, showing the ability to carry a lot of weight and remain fast and athletic ... Strength shouldn't be much of an issue for him at the next level after a season or two ... A stellar defender with good lateral quickness, especially for his size ... Has a versatile offensive game with solid post skills as well as the ability to face up and hit midrange and outside shots ... a fiery competitor, he gets agitated when he's beaten or challenged, and generally channels it in a positive way ... Possesses a very nice shooting stroke with the form to extend his range to the NBA 3 point line

... Showed the ability to knock down the college three, having hit 10/21 on the season (47.6%) ... Solid rim protector and shot blocker averaging 1.7 boards per game in limited minutes ... Plays on balance, and doesn't rush things ... Not afraid to mix it up and seems to enjoy contact ... Does a good job of forcing contact and getting to the free throw line ... Has good hands, with good control of the ball on post entries and rebounds ... A very effective socrer, with a 67.8% eFG% according to Hoop-Math.com ... Gutsy player. Showed the ability to be a clutch shooter hitting a huge three in the closing minutes against South Carolina in the Final Four ...

Anyone who gets frustrated watching Len, this may be a viable option and much cheaper. I think he could help the Suns.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/zach-collins

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So, if I were the kind of McD that wanted Josh Jackson and Zach Collins to complete my youthful starting 5, what would I need to do?
I'd need the #3 and the #8 pick.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, if I were the kind of McD that wanted Josh Jackson and Zach Collins to complete my youthful starting 5, what would I need to do?
I'd need the #3 and the #8 pick.

I think you are going to get Tatum and Collins instead

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you are going to get Tatum and Collins instead

This would be a very nice draft.

It would be good to fix the center position long term. As you know, Collins can probably play both center and power forward. It would provide depth at the PF position as well.