Zac Dysert QB-would he be a good choice in RD 2 or 3?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Zac Dysert the Miami ohio QB has some size 6`3 225 and has a above average arm.Is he worth drafting in the 2nd or 3rd round? Saw he was decent at the Senior Bowl game but threw a lot of short checkdown passes.Was inconsistent the week of practices.Anybody seen him play a few times? Most sites have him rated anywhere from Rd2 to RD 6.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Zac Dysert the Miami ohio QB has some size 6`3 225 and has a above average arm.Is he worth drafting in the 2nd or 3rd round? Saw he was decent at the Senior Bowl game but threw a lot of short checkdown passes.Was inconsistent the week of practices.Anybody seen him play a few times? Most sites have him rated anywhere from Rd2 to RD 6.

Actually I was all over him as being Arians guy until the Senior Bowl reports came in which weren't good.

E Dysert reminded scouts a bit of Roethlisberger by displaying toughness and more of a playmaker’s game than pure efficiency during his breakout 2011 season (3,513 passing yards, 65.8 percent completion rate, 23 touchdowns). He does not quite possess the two-time Super Bowl champ’s elite arm and bulk, but still has enough of both – along with the athleticism and deft passing touch to make NFL-caliber plays on the run – to become one of the top passers in the class. His career flew somewhat under the radar in the MAC conference, but has the size, arm, accuracy, athleticism, and production that NFL teams covet.

But, hey, if Arians is such a genius at developing QBs why do we need to get a new one. He should be able to turn Double Dunce back into Double Deuce, right? :p

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I like Dysert, I would love to see him in the second or third. He is very tough. I think he can play.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Come on now, guys. We can get a good starting player with our high 2nd round pick. No iffy projects in 2nd or 3rd round this year.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Point well taken - our 2nd round pick is like an extremely late 1st round pick and shouldn't be taken lightly.

In fact, all our own picks give us the opportunity to get one round higher worth of value throughout the draft if we draft well.

Is Dysert worth a high 2nd? I don't think so. A high 3rd? I'd still be reluctant. Maybe a high 4th if Keim & Co. really like him.

One other thing about drafting guys like Dysert: They're not sure things and as such represent unknown entities. Which should raise the question: "If we have to choose between 2 unknowns like Dysert or Lindley, which if either, represent the higher risk, bigger cap hit or higher upside? And if they're rated fairly equal, why waste a high 3 or high 4 on Dysert if you already have Lindley? How about Dysert vs. Hoyer? Dysert vs. Skelton? (really? Skelton? Well, don't forget we'll have Arians evaluating him).

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Zac Dysert the Miami ohio QB has some size 6`3 225 and has a above average arm...

What was the last big name QB that came out of Miami, Ohio... *snapping fingers* His name slips me now, but maybe Arians will like Dysert.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would rather have either EJ Manuel or Landry Jones in Round 3. OL & OLB (pass rusher) should be 1st 2 picks.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
What was the last big name QB that came out of Miami, Ohio... *snapping fingers* His name slips me now, but maybe Arians will like Dysert.

Big Benny Hill, loved it when he would slap the bald guy on the head...but I don't think Arians would like to get whopped:)

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think you can put Dysert, Bray, Manuel, and Landry Jones names in a hat and draw one out and have just as good a chance of one them panning out as the other. I'll bet one of those 4 will make it. I just have no idea of which one.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen