2024 NBA Draft talk: Suns own pick 22

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m not or have i ever been a fan of LeBron. But indeed if he came onboard with a league minimum contract it would be earth shattering.

I don’t subscribe to trading Beal. Would I consider such a move, I’d have to give it a great deal of thought:)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lets be real, there is no chance he is worth the 22nd pick unless you think you might be able to get Lebron as well.

The only reason to work him out is if you think it's possible - and to signal to Lebron you take his son seriously - even if in reality you don't.

I view it as doing your homework. The Suns might be able to get a player out of a multi-team trade for #22.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Flex is saying the Lebron thing has been talked about behind the scenes for quite awhile and he thinks it is possible. He also says Westbrook would likely sign as well if we got Lebron.
Flex is batting under the Mendoza line with his predictions

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Flex is saying the Lebron thing has been talked about behind the scenes for quite awhile and he thinks it is possible. He also says Westbrook would likely sign as well if we got Lebron.
I saw the same show. Also they mention Rich Paul won't let Bronny take a two way contract. He is telling teams it has to be a full NBA contract if they want Bronny. This kind of implies that Lebron is in play if you draft Bronny to me.

Last edited:

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I saw the same show. Also they mention Rich Paul won't let Ronny take a two way contract. He is telling teams it has to be a full NBA contract if they want Bronny. This kind of implies that Lebron is in play if you draft Bronny to me.
A couple of problems arise with the drafting of Bronny.

LeBron wants to play with him not just on the same team. If we draft Bronny we can’t farm him out to the GLeauge as he will be given minutes to appease the agreement with LeBron as Lebron himself only has so much time left.

Unless a trade happens Bronny would need a full contract to make up for LeBron pissing away 50 million he is due for next year.

The more I think about this a trade of Beal or Durant would be required unless LeBron thinks a triple 3 + 1 gives him the best chance of exiting the NBA with a championship and playing with his son.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
A couple of problems arise with the drafting of Bronny.

LeBron wants to play with him not just on the same team. If we draft Bronny we can’t farm him out to the GLeauge as he will be given minutes to appease the agreement with LeBron as Lebron himself only has so much time left.

Unless a trade happens Bronny would need a full contract to make up for LeBron pissing away 50 million he is due for next year.

The more I think about this a trade of Beal or Durant would be required unless LeBron thinks a triple 3 + 1 gives him the best chance of exiting the NBA with a championship and playing with his son.
The reasoning given as to Why it's just the Lakers and Suns considered, is that CP3 proved you can have a family in LA and play in PHX with 45 minute charter flights home. Lebron wants not only to play with Bronny but also to have a chance to win one more Championship. He thinks that LA or being added to the big three in PHX can do that. They don't want the Wizards drafting Bronny because Lebron ain't playing there. Likely in that scenario he just resigns with LA. Also, our announcing a G League team, which would allow Bronny future development opportunities, is a consideration. (Side note: I was not aware that NBA veterans can play rehab games in the G league if needed.)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that last bit about Westbrook pretty much writes off believing anything Flex says. Both LeBron and KD hated playing with Westbrook. But they’re going to welcome him willingly to their last hurrah? That makes zero sense to me and just makes Flex seem totally clueless.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno if Durant and LeBron would want to play together.

A reasonable take from Durant at the time but it's ironic that over the ensuing years Durant has been embroiled in drama everywhere he goes.
Self-awareness ain’t one of KD’s strong suits.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Self-awareness ain’t one of KD’s strong suits.

Yep.

Regardless, I think LeBron and Rich Paul are merely strong arming the Lakers while simultaneously trying to dupe someone into drafting his kid.

I bet some suckers draft his kid in the late first or early 2nd and then right before free agency LeBron and the Lakers agree to max extension. If he signs before the draft, ain't no one taking that kid except the Lakers.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yep.

Regardless, I think LeBron and Rich Paul are merely strong arming the Lakers while simultaneously trying to dupe someone into drafting his kid.

I bet some suckers draft his kid in the late first or early 2nd and then right before free agency LeBron and the Lakers agree to max extension. If he signs before the draft, ain't no one taking that kid except the Lakers.
Nobody is talking about how awful this is going to be for the kid. Sure he’ll make a bunch of money, but his dad is a billionaire, that’s not as big of a deal. If he continues just being a pawn, he will end up with some serious psychological problems.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nobody is talking about how awful this is going to be for the kid. Sure he’ll make a bunch of money, but his dad is a billionaire, that’s not as big of a deal. If he continues just being a pawn, he will end up with some serious psychological problems.

Maybe... maybe not. There is a lot I don't like about LeBron but he seems like an attentive father, I'd think he's spent much his parenting trying to adjust his kid's expectations... he also seems like he is out to maximize his earnings. If the apple didn't fall far from the tree, the kid is probably happy to go along with it. It's not like it's Bronny's fault that he is only 6'1" instead of 6'8" and built like a freight train.

He's got a defensive minded SF skillset (IE, he's a wing who can't shoot or pass), in a small point guards body. Undersized Josh Okogie? That doesn't sound like an NBA player. All this ignores the heart condition, which even though he is cleared, I am sure terrifies a lot of teams.

Really, he shouldn't be in the draft. Maybe in a couple years he could prove himself... hell, Jalen Brunson wouldn't have been drafted if he left as a Freshmen, we'd never have heard of him. But that situation doesn't happen often, and Brunson wouldn't be the player he is now if he'd been an unplayable 19 year old when he entered the league.

If Bronny wasn't LeBron's kid he wouldn't be on anyone's board. Maybe Bronny knows it too... and this is his one chance to shoot the moon, make a roster and get a contract.

I don't have a world famous billionaire dad, but I've also never my heart stop beating for a few minutes... I'd think something like that would be a very sobering event.

Kinda rambled there, but I think Bronny, heart problems aside, is going to be fine.

I reserve to change that thought if some trash team is insane enough to take him early. Bronny James, the top 10 pick who was only picked that high to lure his dad in and then his dad stayed in LA... that is going to lead to years of him getting booed off the court.

I think he ends up a mid 2nd rounder.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lebron has always been about maximizing his pay.

Wasteful use of a round 1 draft pick on his son to enhance his bargaining leverage with the lakers is foolish at best.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great that Flex thinks something is possible that just about EVERYBODY has said if someone drafts his son. The Westbrook thing? Jeebus. Flex throwing noodles at the wall again. I am sure we will hear "things" change when stuff doesn't happen again and make it sound like he was the firs to bring it up if SOMETHING materializes. :lmao: