Your preference if MHJ is gone at 4

What Cardinals should do if MHJ is gone?

• WR

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • OT

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Trade down

Votes: 39 66.1%

• Total voters

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WR Rome Odunze.

OT should be taken late first round or later. We already took one in the top 10 just last season.

There was only one offensive lineman on both rosters of the Super Bowl chosen in the first round, and he was a free agent pickup by the Niners.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
WR Rome Odunze.

OT should be taken late first round or later. We already took one in the top 10 just last season.

There was only one offensive lineman on both rosters of the Super Bowl chosen in the first round, and he was a free agent pickup by the Niners.
Science!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
thats one way to describe Trent Williams -- a top 3 OT taken in the top 5 of his draft

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Odunze. Reading what Daniel Jeremiah said about him pretty much sold him to me.

Guys that can make plays through contact > guys that can make plays in space. I haven't seen enough of Nabers beating a jam at the line, but I've seen a lot of Odunze doing it.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The best WRs in the game are more of the latter than they are the former lmao

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Need someone dynamic for Kyler. Oduze would be my choice IMO.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really don't care.

This team needs talent everywhere and there are some really great players in this draft at a lot of positions.

I think everything is on the table for Monti and we should be more open minded and less locked on MHJ.

For example, I don't think it's impossible that the Pats sign a vet QB and draft Bo Nix or Penix further back to develop and draft MHJ at #3.

In which case, do we take Nabers? Or with Daniels or Maye still on the board to you trade back with the Titans or Giants for a haul and get Dallas Turner, Fashanu or Alt? And then draft WR at #27 in a deep class?

To put that in numbers, do you get Nabers and Guyton, or the Giants 2024 2nd and 2025 1st to move back 2 spots and get Odunze (maybe still Nabers), or Alt/Fash/Turner and draft another good player at #27?

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I really don't care.

This team needs talent everywhere and there are some really great players in this draft at a lot of positions.

I think everything is on the table for Monti and we should be more open minded and less locked on MHJ.

For example, I don't think it's impossible that the Pats sign a vet QB and draft Bo Nix or Penix further back to develop and draft MHJ at #3.

In which case, do we take Nabers? Or with Daniels or Maye still on the board to you trade back with the Titans or Giants for a haul and get Dallas Turner, Fashanu or Alt? And then draft WR at #27 in a deep class?

To put that in numbers, do you get Nabers and Guyton, or the Giants 2024 2nd and 2025 1st to move back 2 spots and get Odunze (maybe still Nabers), or Alt/Fash/Turner and draft another good player at #27?
My thoughts:

While I want MHJ or Odunze, I can see a lot of routes to this team getting better that doesn't include either player. I'm always happy to just get new players, and the Cardinals have the chance to add some good young talent.

Run through scenarios with other teams on draft simulators and you'll quickly see that the Cardinals are easily best positioned to grab the most talent in this draft.

While I'd rather stand pat, I can see scenarios where the Cardinals trade down to 10 and get a player like Turner and also add a future first, and then grab someone like Troy Franklin at #27.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nabers or Odunze no preference really

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
This scenario only occurs if QBs don’t go 1,2,3. So trading down is the logicsl response. With several teams competing to move up I’d expect an overpay. Depending where they drop to, I’d go Odunze, Nabors, Alt or trade down again. This is a terrific first round. If they got a first and second for trading down, I might trade the 2 seconds for a third first. Imagine coming away with Verse, Mims & DeJean for example. Thats 3 sure starters, maybe 4 if they kept both seconds. I really like Harrison, but this could be one of the most productive drafts in Cardinal history.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I voted OT since I want Alt. Dream scenario though would be to trade back a spot or two first though.