Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
Chris Paul
Ray Allen
LeBron James
Kevin Garnett
Dwight Howard

(would like to see them all in a Suns uni for a season or two...)

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
1. Chris Paul
2. Dwight Howard
3. Lebron James
4. Carmello Anthony
5. Dwayne Wade
in no order except CP3 aka CPMVP!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
man you guys really hate the spurs...it's almost comical at times. the spurs are dallas' biggest by far most disliked rival over the past decade. yet our fans aren't this crazy as a whole with hatrid and all.

my favorite non mavs:

PG-nash/paul
SG-wade(can't stay healthy)
SF-Lebron
PF-TD(best PF in the game and of all time)
C-Howard

BTW is eddie johnson on crack? last night he said amare was the best PF in bball?

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
man you guys really hate the spurs...it's almost comical at times. the spurs are dallas' biggest by far most disliked rival over the past decade. yet our fans aren't this crazy as a whole with hatrid and all.

my favorite non mavs:

PG-nash/paul
SG-wade(can't stay healthy)
SF-Lebron
C-TD(one of the 20 best centers of all time)
C-Howard

BTW is eddie johnson on crack? last night he said amare was the best PF in bball?

FTFY.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Lorenzo,

Now Eddie did add that Duncan was a C, not a PF - I assume he meant that he wasn't rating Amare ahead of TD.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Lorenzo,

Now Eddie did add that Duncan was a C, not a PF - I assume he meant that he wasn't rating Amare ahead of TD.
I didn't hear that part. but i guess eddie makes his own rules because tim is a PF. you can say he plays like a center but he isn't. amare plays like one too....but he isn't either. so one of them is better than the other at eddie's interpretation of the game(calling one or the other a PF/C). and it's pretty clear which guy is better. you also have to consider KG, boozer, and Dirk being just as touted at the PF position.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
well he is the best PF of all time. If he were a center he would be top 5 IMO. definitely the best I have witnessed since hakim........who was a better center than shaq.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
I didn't hear that part. but i guess eddie makes his own rules because tim is a PF. you can say he plays like a center but he isn't. amare plays like one too....but he isn't either. so one of them is better than the other at eddie's interpretation of the game(calling one or the other a PF/C). and it's pretty clear which guy is better. you also have to consider KG, boozer, and Dirk being just as touted at the PF position.

amare plays like a SF/PF, and he is a PF. He used to be forced to play center because of small ball, just the opposite of tim duncan. KG is the only other player you listed that i would say is better than amare (at the power forward naturally).

Lorenzo

Reaction score
amare plays like a SF/PF, and he is a PF. He used to be forced to play center because of small ball, just the opposite of tim duncan. KG is the only other player you listed that i would say is better than amare (at the power forward naturally).
It's up for debate. I hear people say amare plays like a center/PF. I've never heard that he plays like a SF......but I'm not going to argue that he can't play the position if he needed to LOL. they all play multiple positions. but are all PF's at the end of the day and that is a fact. all others have MVP's as well. meaning they carried their teams on their back without other 1st team NBA players on their team....that is a fact as well.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
It's up for debate. I hear people say amare plays like a center/PF. I've never heard that he plays like a SF. they all play multiple positions. but are all PF's at the end of the day and that is a fact. all others have MVP's as well. meaning they carried their teams on their back without other 1st team NBA players on their team....that is a fact as well.

a lot of suns fans will tell you that before his knee injury, he was somewhat like a SF. he was/is lacking a 3-pt game, but besides that....he can dribble in traffic, hit free throws, take guys off the dribble, finish with the best of 'em, shoot, etc etc. skill set of a small forward. You listed Boozer, who has a grand total of 0 mvps.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Duncan a Top 5 center? :biglaugh:
if shaq is than duncan is one spot ahead of him. but duncan isn't a center so shaq can have his overrated spot back. david robinson was a center and duncan has played PF alongside a BIG center every since. It is factual eventhough he dominates the game like great Centers have in the past. that's why he's the most dominant PF of all time.......or in the modern era.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
a lot of suns fans will tell you that before his knee injury, he was somewhat like a SF. he was/is lacking a 3-pt game, but besides that....he can dribble in traffic, hit free throws, take guys off the dribble, finish with the best of 'em, shoot, etc etc. skill set of a small forward. You listed Boozer, who has a grand total of 0 mvps.
my bad about boozer. and boozer isn't the best player on his team that would be williams. but boozer is right there with the elite this season. with shaq in the game amare can be on the perimeter.....which looks more like a traditional SF despite his being a PF.

Last edited:

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
i wouldn't say shaq is better than duncan. he is probably 7th or so all time. The best centers of all time, IMO:

Wilt
Kareem
Hakeem
Bill Russel
Moses Malone
Ewing
Possibly David Robinson

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
my bad about boozer. and boozer isn't the best player on his team that would be williams. but boozer is right there with the elite this season. with shaq in the game amare can be on the perimeter.....which looks more like a traditional SF despite his being a PF.

No question Boozer is an elite player, but he still lacks the same thing amare does: defense. Luckily for him, boozer has kirilenko and Millsap to help with defense and absorb some fouls for him. Luckily for amare, he has shaq to do the same. It's nice to have amare on the elbows with shaq in the post at times, he can catch and drive or catch and shoot.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
i wouldn't say shaq is better than duncan. he is probably 7th or so all time. The best centers of all time, IMO:

Wilt
Kareem
Hakeem
Bill Russel
Moses Malone
Ewing
Possibly David Robinson
I won't argue with that because i didn't see any of those guys play in my lifetime besides Ewing and the dream. both of those guys got overlooked because they played in the jordan era(greatest guard of all time). but I think people forget how good ewing and hakeem were. they were incredible centers. and funny enough those two met in the finals one of the years jordan was out. shaq was in the other, but that didn't go too well for him. In fact he has never won a title without another first team caliber all NBA player on his team. but both pat and hakeem would have had a shot at more championships if jordan were not as dominant as he was......at least pat not necessarily hakeem. he had to deal with malone, barkley, and others in the WC who probably wish jordan didn't play bball either. and TD is as good even better than some of those. so that's saying something. I wish jordan played for the mavs LOL.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
No question Boozer is an elite player, but he still lacks the same thing amare does: defense. Luckily for him, boozer has kirilenko and Millsap to help with defense and absorb some fouls for him. Luckily for amare, he has shaq to do the same. It's nice to have amare on the elbows with shaq in the post at times, he can catch and drive or catch and shoot.
that's why duncan gets the nod. he is the best defending PF in the game. all of those other elite PFs can score with the best of them. but they don't do it on defense like duncan does. he does struggle at the line, but seems to make FT's in the clutch.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard