Year One

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This will be a can't miss movie...

http://www.filmwad.com/jack-black-to-star-in-next-judd-apatow-film-2740-p.html

Judd Apatow, who has quickly become one of the most successful non-household names in comedy, is slated to team up with comedian Jack Black in the forthcoming Year One. Apatow (co-writer/director of the mega hit The 40 Year Old Virgin and the soon-to-be mega hit Knocked Up) will serve as producer while the writing and directing reigns are in the hands of the legendary Harold Ramis (Groundhog Day, Caddyshack). Owen Wilson will be an executive producer, and the screenwriters (along with Ramis) are The Office writers Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky. More good news: the hilariously awkward Michael Cera (George Michael from Arrested Development) is set to co-star.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still need to track down a copy of undeclared.

I just saw 40 year for the first time about a week ago.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
40 Year-Old Virgin was a wonderful movie. Undeclared, if it's the one I'm thinking of (rejected from school so they started their own college?) was underwhelming.

Undeclared was a short lived TV series on Fox about ?6? years ago?

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
40 Year-Old Virgin was a wonderful movie. Undeclared, if it's the one I'm thinking of (rejected from school so they started their own college?) was underwhelming.

You're thinking of Accepted.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With that young kid who is this decade's version of "Dude, you are getting a Dell!".

Nope. That young kid is Justin Long, who looks and sounds a little bit like Ross Geller's younger brother, but has the character actor skills of Rick Moranis.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Nope. That young kid is Justin Long, who looks and sounds a little bit like Ross Geller's younger brother, but has the character actor skills of Rick Moranis.

Yeah, I don't know what it is about that guy, but he annoys me in everything I've seen him in, especially those Mac commercials.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw the trailer before knocked up and lol'd multiple times.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Year One Gets Wilde
Source: Variety
January 11, 2008

Olivia Wilde will be the female lead opposite Jack Black in Columbia Pictures' biblical-era comedy Year One, says Variety.

Harold Ramis is directing a cast that also includes Michael Cera, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Oliver Platt, David Cross, Vinnie Jones, Juno Temple and June Raphael. Wilde will play Princess Inanna, the love interest of Black's character.

Judd Apatow and Ramis are producing. Owen Wilson is executive producing. Gene Stupnitsky & Lee Eisenberg wrote the screenplay based on a story by Ramis.

Shooting is under way in New Mexico and Louisiana.

Wilde, whose film credits include Alpha Dog and Turistas, stars on the Fox series "House."

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Year One

Release Date: June 19, 2009
Studio: Columbia Pictures (Sony)
Director: Harold Ramis
Screenwriter: Harold Ramis, Gene Stupnitsky, Lee Eisenberg
Genre: Comedy
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for crude and sexual content throughout, brief strong language and comic violence)

Starring: Jack Black, Michael Cera, Oliver Platt, David Cross, Hank Azaria

Plot Summary: When a couple of lazy hunter-gatherers (Jack Black and Michael Cera) are banished from their primitive village, they set off on an epic journey through the ancient world in Columbia Pictures' comedy "Year One." Harold Ramis directs. The screenplay is by Harold Ramis & Gene Stupnitsky & Lee Eisenberg ("The Office") from a story by Harold Ramis. The film is produced by Judd Apatow, Harold Ramis, and Clayton Townsend.

You must be registered for see images attach

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Wait, so is that a compliment to or a rip of, Rick Moranis?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yea umm NOOOOO!

This was absolutely craptastic!! Worst movie I have seen in years and the first movie in a long long time I walked on. In the first 70 minutes I mildly chuckled 1 time.

I can't believe how god awful this was. Its the Battlefield earth of comedies. Im gonna have to go see The Hangover again just to wash this movie out of my brain. Sad because I usually love Black and Cera!

Last edited:
OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, after the NBA Finals pimping of this movie and the trailers, I have no desire to see it.

We did see The Hangover for a second time though. That was awesome, again.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Yea umm NOOOOO!

This was absolutely craptastic!! Worst movie I have seen in years and the first movie in a long long time I walked on. In the first 70 minutes I mildly chuckled 1 time.

I can't believe how god awful this was. Its the Battlefield earth of comedies. Im gonna have to go see The Hangover again just to wash this movie out of my brain. Sad because I usually love Black and Cera!

Absolutely. This was the worst movie I've seen in a while. I know that Jack Black is not a great actor, but he was especially terrible in this. Every aspect of this movie was bad; it seemed like it was directed by a 3rd grader.