Yankees @ Dbacks (kindof)

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a win! Love beating the Yankees! Lamb did great in the cleanup spot. I need to talk crap about him before every game.

OP
OP
Bert

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Agree! If he put up outings like this on a regular basis we would be in good shape!

True, would also help if the G boys (GOLDY and Grienke) would start playing like the studs they are. Especially GOLDY. Man if he could get hot while segura and lamb are playing this well... We'd be scary. I still have faith that it's all going to come together this year and we will be Atleast decent, but I admit my faith has diminished a bit all things considered.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
True, would also help if the G boys (GOLDY and Grienke) would start playing like the studs they are. Especially GOLDY. Man if he could get hot while segura and lamb are playing this well... We'd be scary. I still have faith that it's all going to come together this year and we will be Atleast decent, but I admit my faith has diminished a bit all things considered.

Agree... Even last night after Goldy hit that bomb in his first at-bat, he looked like dog poo the rest of the way. So strange and frustrating... And I still think Tomas is an issues as well.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well, on his next at-bat he got two strikes called on balls, and then it happened again in his 4th at-bat. He knows the strike zone too well, if that is such a thing, and he is stubborn. On his second strike-out, you could tell he didn't want to swing and it looked like he didn't want to go down looking again - it was a ball that again might have been called a strike. I think he needs to expand his (correct!) idea of the strike zone a couple of inches. Because the umps are. it is like there was a league mandate to expand the zone a little and it is taking him some time to adjust. He rarely gets good pitches to hit, although he has missed a a dozen or so on the year by my estimation.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Yankees are not a good team. With that being said, the Dbacks should sweep them. This is a great time for Grienke to get out of his Chase field issues

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, on his next at-bat he got two strikes called on balls, and then it happened again in his 4th at-bat. He knows the strike zone too well, if that is such a thing, and he is stubborn. On his second strike-out, you could tell he didn't want to swing and it looked like he didn't want to go down looking again - it was a ball that again might have been called a strike. I think he needs to expand his (correct!) idea of the strike zone a couple of inches. Because the umps are. it is like there was a league mandate to expand the zone a little and it is taking him some time to adjust. He rarely gets good pitches to hit, although he has missed a a dozen or so on the year by my estimation.

eh, CB Bucknor is a notorious strikezone fraud. that at bat where the 2 outside pitches were called strikes then he struck out swinging on a pitch 6 inches inside was 100% product of bad umpiring, though. true.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
82 - what is your beef with Tomas?

I know he needs to work on his plate discipline, but overall, his hitting has improved from last year.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
82 - what is your beef with Tomas?

I know he needs to work on his plate discipline, but overall, his hitting has improved from last year.

His stats in general have improved. But I honestly believe is remains more of a liability than an asset, and that this will be proved out more and more as the season goes on.
He is currently hitting .216 with runners in scoring position. His OBP is .357. He has all of 11 walks all season! He is extremely undisciplined at the plate and is ONLY effective when taking the ball to right field. He literally can't pull a pitch.
Defensively is a average at best...Average arm I guess. Average speed... And to me, he just seems lazy. Maybe that more of just his personality and the way he approaches the game... But I see ZERO fire in his belly. He's just there... taking up a roster spot in a very expensive way.

OP
OP
Bert

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Ok just for funzies, lets predict what happens tonight. How do you think Greinke will pitch?

I'm going with his best home outing yet, which is really not that high of a bar, lol.

7IP, 6hits, 1 run, 8Ks

What say you, will it be good or bad?

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ok just for funzies, lets predict what happens tonight. How do you think Greinke will pitch?

I'm going with his best home outing yet, which is really not that high of a bar, lol.

7IP, 6hits, 1 run, 8Ks

yankees offense has struggled this year.. but tex and headly appear to be pulling out of a slump..

I would actually be pretty damn excited about 7ip and 1er with 8ks.

i'll go 8ip 2er

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

7IP, 6hits, 1 run, 8Ks

I'll be at the game tonight with my son... which usually spells trouble for the good guys. :(

Seriously - if we can get anything close to 7 innings and only 1 run out of Zach tonight, I will be extremely happy!!!

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be at the game tonight with my son... which usually spells trouble for the good guys. :(

Seriously - if we can get anything close to 7 innings and only 1 run out of Zach tonight, I will be extremely happy!!!

How bad is this that we hope that our Ace can make into the 7th inning

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard