Xbox 360

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was at the local BestBuy and saw a XBox360 hooked up and ready to play . At first I thought it is crisp but not much differnt than the old xbox . Then I looked at the detail in the background and the textures of the wood on the trucks and realize how good this system really is . I felt like I was playing a high end PC game not a console. I can not wait to see what these new systems are capeable of . By the way the game I was playing was Call of duty

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
SpokaneCardfan said:
I was at the local BestBuy and saw a XBox360 hooked up and ready to play . At first I thought it is crisp but not much differnt than the old xbox . Then I looked at the detail in the background and the textures of the wood on the trucks and realize how good this system really is . I felt like I was playing a high end PC game not a console. I can not wait to see what these new systems are capeable of . By the way the game I was playing was Call of duty

OMG, that sysytem is out of contol Spokane. Almost makes me want to break down.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Being a huge video game nerd, you'd think I'd be all excited for the Xbox 360.

My feelings on it? Eh. Textures look good, but the main characters only look marginally better than the last generation (Xbox/Gamecube). Not just that, I'm not really into racing games or FPS games, so I'll be waiting until a console-buying game comes out. Something like Ninja Gaiden 2, or a Madden NFL game that has the new Cards stadium in it (i.e. next year's game).

What really does look great are the sports games. Holy hell, have you seen the screen shots for NBA2k6? :eek: egads man, this is insane:

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
SpokaneCardfan

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Man those shots look awesome ! I will probably wait to buy one . I want to see what others think before I invest 400 for a game system. So far I like what I see.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never gotten a system at launch before and plan on lining up for an Xbox 360 (avid PS2 guy). Perchance I am not able to get one, I think I will just get a PSP and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. That should tide me over until PS3 (whenever that is....).

A-Bomb

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Picked the Xbox 360 tonight. Pretty nice, but I think their marketing about making the box smaller is B.S. Have you seen the giant power supply that comes with it? Put them both together and it's the same size.

So far, so good, though. I have an HD set and the graphics are amazing.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Scott MS said:
Picked the Xbox 360 tonight. Pretty nice, but I think their marketing about making the box smaller is B.S. Have you seen the giant power supply that comes with it? Put them both together and it's the same size.

So far, so good, though. I have an HD set and the graphics are amazing.

Yeah, I've seen a pic of the power supply, it's freaking huge! That's how they made it smaller than the Xbox, by taking that sucker out of the box.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Abomb and I camped outside a circuit city all night and got our systems this morning. Can't wait to play.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
To get the souped up graphics you have to have an HDTV..... I was at a Wal-mart yesterday and they had it hooked up on a regular non-HDTV and it looked like the old XBOX system. Then I went to Best Buy and they had the same game hooked up on an HD system and there was a huge difference

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
anybody got any info on stores that still have some avail here in Phoenix?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
clif said:

Circuit City still had them available unbundled online as of a few minutes ago.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
To get the souped up graphics you have to have an HDTV..... I was at a Wal-mart yesterday and they had it hooked up on a regular non-HDTV and it looked like the old XBOX system. Then I went to Best Buy and they had the same game hooked up on an HD system and there was a huge difference

The $399 Xbox360 system comes with a VGA link cable. Your computer monitor is an HDTV. :thumbup:

I only have a 27" panasonic TV in the living room, but I have a 21" Sony Trinitron PC monitor in my music room. I'm excited to see what the Xbox 360 looks like in HD.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Damn Shawn Marion... just saw him leaving Best Buy... I guarantee he had an Xbox 360 waiting for him :bang:

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can get one on Ebay from between $1500 and $5000.

A-Bomb

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
clif said:

Microsoft had a limited supply sent out to stores and with the great demand ... its highly unlikely that any stores have any left. There are already massive back orders online

Unless you camped out or pre-ordered WAY in advance you have pretty much no shot (The only possibility I could see is a Best Buy or Walmart that are way out of the way but even thats unlikely). I went to 6 stores and all said they sold out in a matter of 90 minutes if that

You probably wouldn't want first run of a system anyways, they generally have the most potential for glitches

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
Microsoft had a limited supply sent out to stores and with the great demand ... its highly unlikely that any stores have any left. There are already massive back orders online

Unless you camped out or pre-ordered WAY in advance you have pretty much no shot (The only possibility I could see is a Best Buy or Walmart that are way out of the way but even thats unlikely). I went to 6 stores and all said they sold out in a matter of 90 minutes if that

You probably wouldn't want first run of a system anyways, they generally have the most potential for glitches

stupid microsoft.. stupid marion.. stupid walmart for lying to me... Things like this makes me want to create an anti microsoft website. :mad:

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
clif said:
stupid microsoft.. stupid marion.. stupid walmart for lying to me... Things like this makes me want to create an anti microsoft website. :mad:

You can still try Walmart (I didn't check any). Who knows they may still have one

No harm in trying ... give them a call

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm digging the system thus far...downloaded some demos, a trailer for Narnia, some arcadey games...Playing Perfect Dark Zero, did a little multiplayer...it's a very smooth system. I like the menus and the bells and whistles.

I think I'll even be playing bejeweled on this machine. :thumbup: Microsoft.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
I'm gonna wait till next year, by then more games and cheaper. More time for me to save up for a HDTV.

OP
OP
SpokaneCardfan

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Anyone who can throw money away like this has no idea what a hard days work is. You might as well throw your money in the garbage. :soapbox: :hammer: :gun:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn