Votes: 18 72.0%
  • PS3

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
xbox 360 is better online and has Halo which could possibly be the most fun game to play online which goes hand in hand with the online play. other than that, i heard that ps3 has slightly better graphics and can be used as a blue ray disc player. xbox360 can be used as hd DVD but you have to actually purchase the player for an additional $200. I went with xbox 360 purely for the halo factor though.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Me and my roomates have both and in my opinion you can't go wrong with either. I grew up playing PS and PS2 so I am partial to the PS3....but I been playing alot of FORZA2, FIFA and HALO2 on the 360. PS3 doesn't have as many games yet, but that will be changing alot in the next year. It really is just a matter of preference, XBOX you have to pay for online gaming but they also have alot wider selection of games currently. Either way you are getting an amazing system.

Like Mattyboy said, the PS3 does double as a Blu-Ray player (and those are going for $500-700 and the quality of the movies if you have a large 1080p TV is amazing.)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eventhough I am a current PS3 owner, I voted 360.

asudevil83

Reaction score
i'd vote for the 360 if it werent for the absolute HORRID build quality. i cant justify spending $400 on something that has a 50/50 chance of breaking.

and the PS3....well it doesnt have much going for it right now as far as games.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'd vote for the 360 if it werent for the absolute HORRID build quality. i cant justify spending $400 on something that has a 50/50 chance of breaking.

and the PS3....well it doesnt have much going for it right now as far as games.

Microsoft claims a 30% failure rate, so 50/50 is probably closer.

It should be noted that the 360 is dropping the price of the Elite $80 and the Core/Premium machines $50 to try and counter the PS3 price drop.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Microsoft claims a 30% failure rate, so 50/50 is probably closer.

It should be noted that the 360 is dropping the price of the Elite $80 and the Core/Premium machines $50 to try and counter the PS3 price drop.

mine broke, they replaced it for free and gave me 3 free games and all is well. 360 kicks ass. Carry on.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Halo is the most overrated game of all time. Gears of War is better than Halo in every way.

Halo is a very good shooter, whether you like it much or not you have to admit that.

Gears was fun for a few months until they took away playing ranked with friends

360 all the way, sony wont be worth the purchase for another year or two.

Xbox live is the shiz.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Right Now: 360, easily.

Ask this question again in about a year when the PS3 finally has a decent lineup. You can't go wrong with a $499 blu-ray player and a solid lineup of games. Not to mention the build quality of the PS3 vs the 360.

I love my 360 at the moment though. Though I'm hoping that Sony gives me a reason (games) to buy a PS3 soon because I wouldn't mind owning a Blu-Ray player.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right Now: 360, easily.

Ask this question again in about a year when the PS3 finally has a decent lineup. You can't go wrong with a $499 blu-ray player and a solid lineup of games. Not to mention the build quality of the PS3 vs the 360.

I love my 360 at the moment though. Though I'm hoping that Sony gives me a reason (games) to buy a PS3 soon because I wouldn't mind owning a Blu-Ray player.

As much as I loved the 360, I won't recommend it again, until the price drops, and the 65nm chips come out. How would you like to buy a 360, and then know that 30% of them will fail within the first 12-18 months?

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As much as I loved the 360, I won't recommend it again, until the price drops, and the 65nm chips come out. How would you like to buy a 360, and then know that 30% of them will fail within the first 12-18 months?

Eventhough I am a current PS3 owner, I voted 360.
:shrug:

Or by "again" did you mean again after this poll?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:shrug:

Or by "again" did you mean again after this poll?

It does sound contradicting. If it were only games, the 360 wins in a landslide. Its online capabilities dwarf the PS3s as well. The problem with the 360 is its build quality. A 30% failure rate for electronics is down right absurd. The average consumer electronics failure rate is around 4%.

The 65nm chips are beginning to roll out now, or so I read. The failure rate for the 360's should be greatly reduced, and the price of the 360 will come down at the same time.

I have owned all 3 of the next generation systems, and the 360 and its games are better than the Wii and PS3 combined. The Wii wins the "fun factor" and the PS3 and its Bluray player have done me well.

So, I reluctantly voted for the 360, eventhough its build quality is horrid. I will feel better about my vote in the next couple of months when the better hardware comes out. Until then, I would probably wait to get either, but if I had to choose one over the other, I'd go 360, with a replacement warranty somewhere. (eventhough Microsoft upped their warranty to 3 years because of all the problems)

Make anymore sense?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does sound contradicting. If it were only games, the 360 wins in a landslide. Its online capabilities dwarf the PS3s as well. The problem with the 360 is its build quality. A 30% failure rate for electronics is down right absurd. The average consumer electronics failure rate is around 4%.

The 65nm chips are beginning to roll out now, or so I read. The failure rate for the 360's should be greatly reduced, and the price of the 360 will come down at the same time.

I have owned all 3 of the next generation systems, and the 360 and its games are better than the Wii and PS3 combined. The Wii wins the "fun factor" and the PS3 and its Bluray player have done me well.

So, I reluctantly voted for the 360, eventhough its build quality is horrid. I will feel better about my vote in the next couple of months when the better hardware comes out.

Make anymore sense?

Not much sense, DCR. Based on reading your posts alone, I voted for PS3. Then you come along as say you voted for 360. I dunno, man.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not much sense, DCR. Based on reading your posts alone, I voted for PS3. Then you come along as say you voted for 360. I dunno, man.

:biglaugh:

Both consoles have a lot to offer. Because of the Bluray player, the PS3 has done me well, but I know that not everyone is considering an HD player yet. If you are not considering the HD player, the PS3 should not be on anyone's radar. That alone should push most consumers towards 360.

P.S. I don't mind sounding contradicting on this issue. I sometimes wish that I had my 360 still. I'll get another one around X-Mas time.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

Both consoles have a lot to offer. Because of the Bluray player, the PS3 has done me well, but I know that not everyone is considering an HD player yet. If you are not considering the HD player, the PS3 should not be on anyone's radar. That alone should push most consumers towards 360.

P.S. I don't mind sounding contradicting on this issue. I sometimes wish that I had my 360 still. I'll get another one around X-Mas time.
Who says we have to be consistent anyway.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
or need question marks?

;)

I'm so lazy with punctuation.

asudevil83

Reaction score
Sony dropped the price on PS3 right when I going to pickup an XBOX 360.

So which would you buy and why?

better pick up your PS3 SOON if you plan on getting one.

Sony is officially discontinuing the 60gb model and is replacing it with an 80gb model and jacking the price back up to $599.

to top it off, they are removing the emotion engine from the hardware, and are now doing software emulation for PS2-PS titles. so you are only getting close to 90% compatibility instead of 100%, and a loss in visual quality.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard