X Factor

DiamondBacks5117

Registered
Reaction score
I really like this show but i dont like that its a competition between the judges. It seems like they dont give real opinions the just want ther singers to win, I hope chris wins i would pay to go to one of his concerts!

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I could care less about glorified karaoke.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
I enjoy the show also. We dvr it and fast forward past the judgets because its the mentor/judge patting themself on the back and the rest arbitrarily complaining.

I didn't like Chris until last night. He sounded good and the break into No Woman No Cry was excellent. But there are so many really good performers there. My favorite right now is Josh with Drew right behind him and that Astro kid.

That Astro kid writing a new song every week to the beat of the themes is something else.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but that Astro kid sucks. My kids could come up with the simple rhymes he throws out there. He would've been gone last night but that Stacy chick was god aweful.

The Hot chick group didn't have that great of a night but they are nice eye candy and I hope they stay longer. They need to start showing more skin if they want to stay in longer.

Drew has a great voice but I have to agree with LA that she is getting boring fast.

Josh was the only one who actually sounded like a rock star. Fortunetly he doesn't listen to the ***** cat chick and does his own thing. Still last night he was only good not great.

The little Crow girl makes me smile. I like her attitude and she has a decent voice. I find myself rooting for her and she hasn't disappointed yet.

Melanie is the best IMO. She has the best voice out of them all. I'll be shocked if she doesn't win it all.

Marcus looked like a fool out there trying to be a rock star. He needs to stick with the Bobby Brown type of music.

The old dude has a good voice but is boring as hell. He needs to spice it up.

I kind of like the rehab dude. He's way better than Astro.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DiamondBacks5117

Registered
Reaction score
I think Astro does have a bad attitude and its uncalled for but i think people are forgetting he is only like 14 years old. Crow is younger and has a way better attitude.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
I like this show too. Except for the comment from O i agree pretty much with everyone's post in this thread.

We also fast forward through the judges.

I would add that the host dude sucks. I wish we could vote him off.

kps0001

Reaction score
I could care less about glorified karaoke.[/QUOTE

You commented the same thing basically about The Voice. Do you even watch and give these shows a chance or are you just a complete music snob and just make these same regurgitated comments?

OP
OP
D

DiamondBacks5117

Registered
Reaction score
only singing show i couldnt really get into was the sing off. Just dont relate with groups.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I could care less about glorified karaoke.[/QUOTE

You commented the same thing basically about The Voice. Do you even watch and give these shows a chance or are you just a complete music snob and just make these same regurgitated comments?

That's what all these singing shows are is the same reguritated formula.

I guess I'm just not easily amused.

It's the corporatization of the music industry.
If you don't get that and all it implies, I feel sorry for you.

Last edited:

kps0001

Reaction score

:bigyawn:

No reason to feel sorry for me. I was looking for some reason you voice your distaste for this type of show other than you think it is karaoke. I get it all. Don't worry. ;)

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What are you talking about?

Last edited:

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like the host cause he tries to keep the pace of the show flowing better.

The audience applauding every little thing is whats annoying.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are you talking about?

Holy crap that was awful and kind of frightening all at the same time.

These shows only exist as Schadenfreude, to find joy in the failure of others. Even in this thread the predominant talk is about who sucks or why you dislike them. It is the reason why Simon Cowell is such a star because he is the "mean one"

It is the reason that so few performers have any sustained success. People aren't interested in them once the cameras are off and you actually have to listen to their music. It blends into all the other bland crap that qualifies for radio play now.

O is dead on. You are fooling yourself if you think it is anything else.

kps0001

Reaction score
Holy crap that was awful and kind of frightening all at the same time.

These shows only exist as Schadenfreude, to find joy in the failure of others. Even in this thread the predominant talk is about who sucks or why you dislike them. It is the reason why Simon Cowell is such a star because he is the "mean one"

It is the reason that so few performers have any sustained success. People aren't interested in them once the cameras are off and you actually have to listen to their music. It blends into all the other bland crap that qualifies for radio play now.

O is dead on. You are fooling yourself if you think it is anything else.

I completely disagree. I have this conversation a lot and I am certainly not attempting to persuade you as it doesn't really matter. I get it really. It's just not "cool" to like these shows is what it really boils down to in my opinion. I took the same stance for a long while until I actually gave the shows and contestants a chance. Plus my wife and kids watch them and it give us something we can all watch as a family.

I like most music. I mainly like punk rock and indie music. I would say I am not the typical audience for these shows. So I get a lot flack from my friends for watching these shows because they take the same "anti corporate" stance and same opinions as I am seeing here. This is oh so similar to all the conversations I have had throughout the years about bands becoming "sellouts" which is funny too.

I like people who are passionate about music. I like seeing people being passionate about music and trying to obtain their dreams and goals. These shows "don't exist as Schadenfreude" and this thread isn't predominant talk about who sucks. There was one mention of a kid who sucked and also the comment made about the host. Though of course people are going to voice their opinions about the performers. That's the premise of these shows. Duh.

However, I am one that doesn't have any interest in the artists once they are off the camera. I would say I am in the minority though as compared to the rest of the audience(s). I don't really listen to music on the radio. The music these artists put out, typically, isn't something i personally listen to but a lot of people do. I would argue that a good amount of the artists do maintain a decent level of success in the industry. Total stardom? Probably not, but certainly a level of success that beats the hell out of working a normal 9-5 gig as most of us do.

Few performers in the music industry sustain success or total stardom. Artists come and go. We have "one hit wonders" come out very frequently. So what if these shows give people the same opportunity or a quicker and easier path, perhaps. I say good for those performers. They get to make money off of doing something they love. In the grand scheme there are very few that can maintain success on the charts long term. Maybe your definition of success differs from mine and/or the artists.

I am not going to deny the "corporatization" of it all. That is obvious. But that is obvious in all aspects of our lives and certainly the majority of stuff you see on TV and hear on the radio and has been for decades. Nothing is going to change that. If it gives some the opportunity to do what they love and want then good for them. It doesn't affect me in any way. I can just fast forward through the cheesy Ford commercials and whatnot. No big deal.

...anyway I will keep watchin'. Sure beats watching another episode of most anything else being played on TV that doesn't involve a score. I can't believe I typed all that. I am really bored at work today.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
And speaking of the show, Josh was amazing last night.

It sucks that they are kicking 2 out tonight. I am hoping it's Lakoda Rayne and Leroy Bell.

Thank goodness Chris Rene busted out his Young Homie song because he was butchering the first tune.

The theme was not that great last night and it showed in how some of the performances were boring.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And speaking of the show, Josh was amazing last night.

It sucks that they are kicking 2 out tonight. I am hoping it's Lakoda Rayne and Leroy Bell.

Thank goodness Chris Rene busted out his Young Homie song because he was butchering the first tune.

The theme was not that great last night and it showed in how some of the performances were boring.

Pretty unimpressive night over all.

Josh was great.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Just to add a little info my girlfriend is a party planner and booked krystal bowersox from american idol and I would not say she is even close to a star but still got 2500 for a half hour not too shabby if you ask me.

I don't get why all the hate for astro dude is by far the most creative. Have anyone else write a new song everyweek and perform a genre that either most people don't understand or just plain dislike without giving it a chance. Out of anyone on the show he will have the best chance to succeed.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
I don't get why all the hate for astro dude is by far the most creative. Have anyone else write a new song everyweek and perform a genre that either most people don't understand or just plain dislike without giving it a chance. Out of anyone on the show he will have the best chance to succeed.

Agree with the first part of your comment on Astro. Kid is 14 or 15, he is supposed to be immature.

Second comment I don't agree with. My wife and I had a discussion on who of these people are likely to be around 3-5 years from now. The only act we could agree on is Lakoda Rayne. They are awful, corny, and stuck between country and pop. But on the plus side they are white and very pretty.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Agree with the first part of your comment on Astro. Kid is 14 or 15, he is supposed to be immature.

Second comment I don't agree with. My wife and I had a discussion on who of these people are likely to be around 3-5 years from now. The only act we could agree on is Lakoda Rayne. They are awful, corny, and stuck between country and pop. But on the plus side they are white and very pretty.

They are the new dixie chicks. Glad leroy went home dude was just boring.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard